Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous910111213141516171819202122232425262728Next >>

Date created: 2010-03-19 Name: A. Hansen

"Trane Heat Pump"
I had my Trane Heat Pump/Furnace installed in May of 1984. To date, I have had one (1) relay replaced. No complaints. The system is near bullet-proof!!

Date created: 2010-03-17 Name: Larry Cramer

"Love Trane"
As a technician, I wanted to get the best unit available and that, by far, is a Trane. I am soooo amazed that most of the unsatisfied reviews at this site are by people that are not thinking clearly. I read several and had to quit because of my frustration level. The problems they experienced are not because of the equipment. They are installation or technician "skill level" problems. They should have purchased from a Trane "Comfort Specialist" company. Comfort Specialists pay to receive extra training so they can go they extra mile for the customers. The equipment can't be beat and the Trane warranty is the best in the business. I've serviced and installed most brands over my 27 years and I know what I'm writing about.

Date created: 2010-03-14 Name: A. Volcko

"Trane from an expert"
People must first realize that the most important part of the units longevity is the installation. Trane are the best units in the world (been to the factory). These poor people (unsatisfied) had the wrong people install their Trane units. CHOOSE THE RIGHT CONTRACTOR. A Trane comfort specialist will be your best bet.

Date created: 2010-02-27 Name: E. Kyle

"XL1200 20 years old"
Excellent unit, no problems in all this time.

Date created: 2010-02-26 Name: D. Johnson

"Expected more from Trane"
I have had my Trane heat pump/central air system for 5 1/2 years and have had it serviced four times. The fan started making horrible noises and stopped working. The parts were covered but it still cost me three hundred dollars in labor. Then the line that takes the water out of the system became clogged, that service fee was $200. Two weeks before Christmas of this year (2010) the compressor went bad. It was covered also, but still cost me over $400. One month later, the fan started making noise and it is now not working. They are coming today to repair it once again. Wonder how much it will cost this time. I am very disappointed in this system. I really expected more out of Trane. I would not recommend Trane to anyone and will tell everyone I can to stay away from this unreliable system!

Date created: 2010-02-25 Name: B. Crowley

"Consultant"
This unit, Trane 14Ti heat pump, was supposd to be the most efficient unit available. Installed in 2/03 and lasted until 12/05, when the whole heat pump had a catastrophic anurism and died a fast death while I was on vacation. Obviously, during the week I was gone, the 15Kw strip heater was heating my home. Serious electric bill this time. The unit was restored and lasted for a couple of years. Then, there was more of the same problem. The unit freezes up when the weather and temp. is below about 36 degrees F. It will not defrost properly. In summary, I have had this unit for 7 years and my electric bills have never been higher in the winter. The old, 17 and 15 year old Rheem and Ruud units were more efficent and I had much lower electric bills with these units. The Trane rep has been here twice and the unit was rebuilt and still does not work correctly. This unit cannot effectively defrost when the weather is cold and humid.

Date created: 2010-02-25 Name: Brant

"Purchased two Trane 16seer heat pumps"
Thinking we would save time and money, I reluctantly decided to update our 18 year old ac/furnace units with two 16 seer heat pumps by Trane. I thought, this would prevent us from needing to worry about those cold winters and hot summers. Huge mistake! Each year since they were installed, they have broken down, each time with something different. First, it was a coil (which is never suppose to go bad), especially the first year!, Second, some switch on the unit outside, third the same switch, forth the ignitor switch! Trane- Start investing in your technology, not your commercials!!!

Date created: 2010-02-22 Name: Julie U.

"Trane heatpump problems"
I bought a Trane heat pump and furnace in August 2006. In February 2009 after only 2 1/2 years, the bearings in the heatpump condenser fan motor locked up. I had the motor replaced. The part was covered under warranty, labor cost $99 plus tax since I had an annual agreement. I also had regular annual maintenance done on the unit every year. Now a year later, it is starting to make the same squealing noise. Am I going to have to replace this every year?! I have not had any problems with the furnace but I am very disappointed in the heat pump.

Date created: 2010-02-22 Name: Joan Morton

"Joan Morton"
Our home is 10 1/2 years old. The first heat pumps compressor went out at 5 1/2 yrs old. We were advised to replace the whole unit. That was installed 4/25/2005. About 12 months later, a defrost circuit went out. Part under warranty, $125 labor. Today, the compressor is being replaced. Part under warranty, $700 labor. I assumed this type of equipment would last a little longer. Next problem, we go to another brand!

Date created: 2010-02-19 Name: T. M. M.

"Trane XL15i Heat Pump"
My heat pump has worked perfectly since day one. Highly recommended.

<< Previous910111213141516171819202122232425262728Next >>