Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous678910111213141516171819202122232425Next >>

Date created: 2010-07-18 Name: B. Ledford

"Excellent"
Bought XL1200 packaged unit 9 years ago and never been worked on till last month when the balance weights flew off the blower fan which had to be replaced. Would not purchase from Sears again because they were so slow in responding.

Date created: 2010-07-08 Name: G. Martin

"Mr."
This 20I heat pump is great and efficient. Get your Trane unit installed by factory trained people and that's it. Choose the right dealer to begin with!

Date created: 2010-07-06 Name: C. Thompson

"Residential consumer"
Can someone please give me a ballpark figure for a split unit 5 ton Trane residential heat pump? If I make a move, it'll be to replace its ancestor a 33-year-old ge Weatherton. I do not need the installation cost, just the hardware price. I'll deal with installation after other rehab and rebuilding matters are taken care of.

Date created: 2010-06-30 Name: Don H.
Location: Tampa, FL

"You can't stop a 21 year old Trane"
My 1900 square foot home in Tampa, Florida was built in 1989 and I have a Trane xe900 3.5 ton heat pump. It is still running (after 21 years). It is a 9 seer and I have decided to replace it with a new Trane xr15 4 ton heat pump due to energy savings and the tax credit. You can't stop a Trane.

Date created: 2010-06-29 Name: M.J. Davis

"Not Impressed"
I decided to replace my Carrier heat pump/air conditioner this past April. The $1,500 federal tax credit for Energy Star compliant heat pumps/air conditioners was a motivating factor. I called 3 local HVAC dealers to give me an estimate on a new system. I contacted the local Trane dealer to meet me at my house to give me an estimate. I left work an hour early to meet this gentleman and he was at my house a grand total of 10 minutes. I asked practically all the questions as he asked very few. He acted as if he did not want to earn my business and it was like I was wasting his time. I'm glad and I'm happy with the 2.5 ton 15.5 seer Carrier unit I purchased from a local dealer in Oxford, N.C. The owner of the Carrier dealership was great to work with and he even gave me his cell. phone number if I ever had any questions and or problems. The installation of my new system was professionally done, which is the key to purchasing a new system...INSTALLATION. You can buy the most expensive unit on the market, but if it's not properly installed, major problems can occur. I highly recommend a Carrier as the old unit I replaced was almost 30 years old. I had very few problems with the old unit during the past 22+ years I've lived in my home.

Date created: 2010-06-27 Name: Ian Stuart

"A piece of junk and terrible service"
I installed an xl1800 heat pump and so far have had 14 breakdown calls for a variety of problems. I purchased a ten year extended warranty and the dealer - a so-called Comfort Specialist is now refusing to service the unit because we are in a "remote" location (ten miles away from their office). I complained to Trane and, as was the experience of others, they don't give a damn. I suspect most of the "satisfied" consumers had older units (which deserved their reputation). The newer ones are junk. I can't wait for Samsung to enter the field.

Date created: 2010-06-25 Name: T. Chen

"Retired Chemist"
Inside coil became icing resulting to stop cooling late May this year. It was diagnosed by the local Trane service co. indicating txv was defective under the 5-year warranty on June 1, 2010. As the time I am writing (June 25, 2010), the replaced parts have not been received by the local Trane dealer. I had two houses previously installed by Ryan Home Builder using Comfortmaker Heat Pumps. At least, the first 10 years did not have any major breakdown. If Trane co. does not stock the repair parts for the customers, the company should stop selling Trane heat pumps. Beware of Trane heat pump problems, especially Washington area temperature hit 90-99 degree last two weeks. It is a horrible experience having Trane heat pump in my house.

Date created: 2010-06-25 Name: Deb

"Trane Heat Pump 4TTR3"
Contractor installed this heat pump while building a 1000 square foot addition. It has been nothing but problems. 13 months in a coil leak; now a valve leak. All along, it has been problems. Getting tired of constantly fighting with the repair company. And forget about product support from Trane. My advice... don't buy a TRANE...any Trane!

Date created: 2010-06-23 Name: Ricus

"Very Happy with Trane"
I bought this house in 1995 and it had a Trane xl 1200 heat pump in it. It never gave me a moments trouble but in 2008, the old system was 17 years old and I wanted to take advantage of the tax break for a new system. I purchased the 19I heat pump system at that time. I have been extremely satisfied with that two compressor system and my electric bills are incredibly low. The comfort is also better as most of the time it runs on the smaller compressor. Once again, I have had no problems at all and it performs wonderfully. I agree with one of the other reviewers that the installation makes these run well or in some cases not well. For those who have had problems, perhaps they should switch their service companies. I expect that this system will last just as long as the previous heat pump system.

Date created: 2010-06-22 Name: Mike Ross/22772 Placid Drive/Foley, Al 36535
Location: St. Louis, MO

"Trane? NEVER AGAIN"
I live in a St. Louis, MO condo with 103 hydronic loop heat pumps, all produced by Trane. Believe me when I say they are junk! The condensers have burned out on over 30 of them in the first 3 years of operation, and they are constantly breaking down and requiring repair for various other reasons. The local Trane rep is a flake. He has turned his back on the condo, and he will do nothing to make things right. The installing contractor, Jarrell Company, has also given up, and they can't convince Trane to do anything....and of course most residents in the buiding now think Jarrell is a flake contractor. HEED THIS WARNING: DO NOT INSTALL EITHER TRANE OR AMERICAN STANDARD EQUIPMENT. I repeat: DO NOT!!!!(I have now sold my condo and live in Foley, AL, where I am enjoying the smooth, quiet heat pump design offered by BRYANT!

<< Previous678910111213141516171819202122232425Next >>