Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous56789101112131415161718192021222324Next >>

Date created: 2010-10-08 Name: Mike
Location: Atlanta, GA

"STRAIGHT UP TRUTH"
This is the deal. I sell HVAC systems for a living. I purchased a Trane unit for my home, but currently sell Carrier, Kenmore and Payne. Bottom Line: There are way too many variables to point the blame at any manufacturer. From design to install, the margin for error is high. To do it right, means you have a good company and a good warranty. PERIOD. No jack leg installers... and no cheap quotes without warranty. You have to protect yourself. You can spend $5000 on a new system and risk it or you can spend $7000 and know you will not have to pay any out of pocket expenses or replace units for 20-30 years. Do the math. People that get screwed or end up with crappy installation or products put themselves in that position. If you buy the cheapest product from bob's hvac. Then risk is high. If you buy a quality product, from a reputable, established company then risk is low. It's more about risk management than best price. Just a thought.

Date created: 2010-10-05 Name: Jessica
Location: TN

"XL16i awesome"
Had this system 3 yrs. It is a two stage unit. Works great. Very energy efficient!

Date created: 2010-09-28 Name: cameron pierce
Location: guyton, ga

"Trane 3 ton heat pump"
We had our trane unit for 9 years. I always thought that trane was a good brand. The compressor went out and because of the new engery efficient laws I have to replace the whole unit. Nothing runs like a trane until it derails.

Date created: 2010-09-27 Name: B. Forsberg
Location: Escondido, CA.

"Broke down twice in 5 years"
I purchased a Trane XL15 about 5 years ago. So far it has broke down twice. Once the Dual capacitor in the outside unit went and now the blower motor broke. This unit is not saving me money.

Date created: 2010-09-24 Name: D Andersen
Location: Philadelphia, PA

"16i Heat Pump"
Awesome performance. Quiet, and works well.

Date created: 2010-09-21 Name: L. Robison
Location: Gilbert, az

"Weatherton 1997 4 ton-never a problem"
Never a problem with our Weatherton 4 ton!!!

Date created: 2010-09-16 Name: yvonne lewis
Location: gordon, ky

"My trane heatpump"
I have had my heatpump for about 15 years and have had no problems so far. I am a little worried that it may go out anytime. If I have to buy another it will be a trane.

Date created: 2010-09-16 Name: d minnehaha

"14 SEER XL"
Sounds familiar. Had a Trane heat pump replaced in 2002 because of a jammed compressor. Now in 2009 same thing happened. Only 7 years!! Too costly to keep replacing every 7 years

Date created: 2010-09-15 Name: G. Swift
Location: Cleveland, TN

"XE 1000"
Both inside and outside coils failed after 14 years.

Date created: 2010-09-12 Name: T. Tray
Location: Sedalia, Missouri

"Home use"
People, stay away from the trane brand ! i bought one 8 years ago and just had my 26th repair call done last week. don't bother with custome service, they could care less. pass this on to all friends and save yourself all kinds of problems.

<< Previous56789101112131415161718192021222324Next >>