Consumer Reviews of TRANE heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about TRANE heat pumps

<< Previous56789101112131415161718192021222324Next >>

Date created: 2010-08-06 Name: D Arthur

"Danny"
At this point very unsatisfied. Replaced a unit after about 20 years and now have humidity problems, water dripping out of the vents and mold. I am told the unit is just too efficient and I can spend $ to install a dehumidifier (in unit would be near what I paid for the unit itself) First time I think I have paid for something that was just too good for me

Date created: 2010-08-04 Name: D. Charles

"Reliability POOR"
My last ac unit lasted 23 years. 12 years ago, I installed a 14 seer Trane 5 ton heat pump. Compressor just went out. 12 years for $17k?? Never again with Trane.

Date created: 2010-08-02 Name: Michael Menendez

"Don't buy a Trane!"
Bought an xl 18I heat pump in February 2006. At the time, it was supposed to be the top of the line in heat pumps. In February 2009, the compressor went, replaced under warranty, but I had to pay the labor cost at the tune of $1000.00. In January 2010, the compressor went again, less than one year after it was replaced. The compressor was replaced and problems continued with it. They replaced "this, that, and the other" and the unit continued to malfunction. The dealer/installer/repairer were never able to tell me what was wrong with the unit. It appears they didn't know what was wrong with the unit, since they contacted the Trane representative. I contacted Trane Consumer Relations and they have done absolutely nothing. The factory tech supposedly came to the house to look at the unit (never saw him, he never returned my calls, no feed-back, nothing, etc.) Trane Consumer Relations has been totally uncommunicative. They don't seem to care one bit for their customers. It's now July 25th, 2010 and the unit started malfunctioning again. A call was placed to the dealer/installer/repairer and it is not known whether the they have shown up to look at the unit or not. It's now a week since the initial service call was placed and a second call was placed this morning. Nobody at the Trane dealer has a clue if anyone has been to my home to look at the unit ot not. "We'll look into it and open a ticket if nobody has been there yet," I was told by the Trane representative. In the meantime, the unit continues to malfunction.

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: Art P.

"Good heat pump!"
This Weathertron 800 unit has worked flawlessly for 20 years so I guess it is pretty good. Don't know anything about new ones though.

Date created: 2010-07-18 Name: B. Ledford

"Excellent"
Bought XL1200 packaged unit 9 years ago and never been worked on till last month when the balance weights flew off the blower fan which had to be replaced. Would not purchase from Sears again because they were so slow in responding.

Date created: 2010-07-08 Name: G. Martin

"Mr."
This 20I heat pump is great and efficient. Get your Trane unit installed by factory trained people and that's it. Choose the right dealer to begin with!

Date created: 2010-07-06 Name: C. Thompson

"Residential consumer"
Can someone please give me a ballpark figure for a split unit 5 ton Trane residential heat pump? If I make a move, it'll be to replace its ancestor a 33-year-old ge Weatherton. I do not need the installation cost, just the hardware price. I'll deal with installation after other rehab and rebuilding matters are taken care of.

Date created: 2010-06-30 Name: Don H.
Location: Tampa, FL

"You can't stop a 21 year old Trane"
My 1900 square foot home in Tampa, Florida was built in 1989 and I have a Trane xe900 3.5 ton heat pump. It is still running (after 21 years). It is a 9 seer and I have decided to replace it with a new Trane xr15 4 ton heat pump due to energy savings and the tax credit. You can't stop a Trane.

Date created: 2010-06-29 Name: M.J. Davis

"Not Impressed"
I decided to replace my Carrier heat pump/air conditioner this past April. The $1,500 federal tax credit for Energy Star compliant heat pumps/air conditioners was a motivating factor. I called 3 local HVAC dealers to give me an estimate on a new system. I contacted the local Trane dealer to meet me at my house to give me an estimate. I left work an hour early to meet this gentleman and he was at my house a grand total of 10 minutes. I asked practically all the questions as he asked very few. He acted as if he did not want to earn my business and it was like I was wasting his time. I'm glad and I'm happy with the 2.5 ton 15.5 seer Carrier unit I purchased from a local dealer in Oxford, N.C. The owner of the Carrier dealership was great to work with and he even gave me his cell. phone number if I ever had any questions and or problems. The installation of my new system was professionally done, which is the key to purchasing a new system...INSTALLATION. You can buy the most expensive unit on the market, but if it's not properly installed, major problems can occur. I highly recommend a Carrier as the old unit I replaced was almost 30 years old. I had very few problems with the old unit during the past 22+ years I've lived in my home.

Date created: 2010-06-27 Name: Ian Stuart

"A piece of junk and terrible service"
I installed an xl1800 heat pump and so far have had 14 breakdown calls for a variety of problems. I purchased a ten year extended warranty and the dealer - a so-called Comfort Specialist is now refusing to service the unit because we are in a "remote" location (ten miles away from their office). I complained to Trane and, as was the experience of others, they don't give a damn. I suspect most of the "satisfied" consumers had older units (which deserved their reputation). The newer ones are junk. I can't wait for Samsung to enter the field.

<< Previous56789101112131415161718192021222324Next >>