Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous56789101112131415161718192021222324Next >>

Date created: 2010-09-15 Name: G. Swift
Location: Cleveland, TN

"XE 1000"
Both inside and outside coils failed after 14 years.

Date created: 2010-09-12 Name: T. Tray
Location: Sedalia, Missouri

"Home use"
People, stay away from the trane brand ! i bought one 8 years ago and just had my 26th repair call done last week. don't bother with custome service, they could care less. pass this on to all friends and save yourself all kinds of problems.

Date created: 2010-09-10 Name: Craig Knowlton

"Love It!"
Quality

Date created: 2010-09-02 Name: D. Fowler
Location: Ohio

"Trane should guarantee labor as well for faulty parts"
Compressor went out after 4 years, Part on warranty, labor isn't. $1200 to fix. I won't buy anothr Trane until they stand behind their work. If a part is fauty, Trane needs to pay to replace it.

Date created: 2010-08-15 Name: T. Tray
Location: Sedalia, Missouri

"Home owner"
After reading all the reviews on Trane heat pumps, I will keep mine short. I hope everyone that is about to buy a heat pump reads these reviews ( I sure wish I did ) Stay away from Trane !!!!!! unit number does not matter, they are all bad ! I, like everyone else, contacted customer service and they just don't care what your problem is, they have your money and are done with you.

Date created: 2010-08-06 Name: D Arthur

"Danny"
At this point very unsatisfied. Replaced a unit after about 20 years and now have humidity problems, water dripping out of the vents and mold. I am told the unit is just too efficient and I can spend $ to install a dehumidifier (in unit would be near what I paid for the unit itself) First time I think I have paid for something that was just too good for me

Date created: 2010-08-04 Name: D. Charles

"Reliability POOR"
My last ac unit lasted 23 years. 12 years ago, I installed a 14 seer Trane 5 ton heat pump. Compressor just went out. 12 years for $17k?? Never again with Trane.

Date created: 2010-08-02 Name: Michael Menendez

"Don't buy a Trane!"
Bought an xl 18I heat pump in February 2006. At the time, it was supposed to be the top of the line in heat pumps. In February 2009, the compressor went, replaced under warranty, but I had to pay the labor cost at the tune of $1000.00. In January 2010, the compressor went again, less than one year after it was replaced. The compressor was replaced and problems continued with it. They replaced "this, that, and the other" and the unit continued to malfunction. The dealer/installer/repairer were never able to tell me what was wrong with the unit. It appears they didn't know what was wrong with the unit, since they contacted the Trane representative. I contacted Trane Consumer Relations and they have done absolutely nothing. The factory tech supposedly came to the house to look at the unit (never saw him, he never returned my calls, no feed-back, nothing, etc.) Trane Consumer Relations has been totally uncommunicative. They don't seem to care one bit for their customers. It's now July 25th, 2010 and the unit started malfunctioning again. A call was placed to the dealer/installer/repairer and it is not known whether the they have shown up to look at the unit or not. It's now a week since the initial service call was placed and a second call was placed this morning. Nobody at the Trane dealer has a clue if anyone has been to my home to look at the unit ot not. "We'll look into it and open a ticket if nobody has been there yet," I was told by the Trane representative. In the meantime, the unit continues to malfunction.

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: Art P.

"Good heat pump!"
This Weathertron 800 unit has worked flawlessly for 20 years so I guess it is pretty good. Don't know anything about new ones though.

Date created: 2010-07-18 Name: B. Ledford

"Excellent"
Bought XL1200 packaged unit 9 years ago and never been worked on till last month when the balance weights flew off the blower fan which had to be replaced. Would not purchase from Sears again because they were so slow in responding.

<< Previous56789101112131415161718192021222324Next >>