Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>

Date created: 2010-10-16 Name: g brown
Location: new york, ny

"Understand your warranty"
Stop!! bashing equipment and read before you agree. If you do not buy the extended warranty and your unit breaks down, that s your mistake. The unit has a standard 5 years part 5 or 10 compressor warranty and key words 1 year labor warranty. Extended warranty covers 10 years parts and key word 10 years labor. Heat pumps like everything are no long built to last like your 20 plus year old units, wake up, tires, cars, lights nothing is built to last like it use too. Read people Read and understand what you are getting

Date created: 2010-10-13 Name: B. Tucker
Location: Charlotte, NC

"It's hard to stop a Trane...from draining your wallet"
Bought a Trane XE1000 heat pump in late 1997 for $5600. After 5 years, reversing valve failed requiring replacement of outside unit for $1500. After another 7 years, compressor in the new unit failed and the quote is for another $1500 to replace the outside unit again. In my experience, Trane is nothing but a high-priced brand name that does not measure up to what it used to be. I will not be replacing this unit again.

Date created: 2010-10-12 Name: John L
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania

"Existing Trane XL1200 Heat Pump"
I had a G.E. Weatherton heat pump installed in my home in 1978. G.E. later sold the Weathertron unit to Trane. It worked beautifully and never a problem. A good installer does make a difference and yes it cost more but was worth every penny. In 1992 I had the outdoor compressor replaced as a precaution and not because it broke down. Here it is 2010 (18 years later) and it is still working beautifully. I plan to replace this with a newer system as the entire unit is over 30 years old with the exception of the outdoor compressor. I live in the colder climate of northeastern Pennsylvania and plan to replace my Trane heat pump unit with another more energy efficient Trane hybrid unit. The dealer is expensive but also excellent and the unit has provided me over 30 years of trouble-free service. Trane is a great product but the installing dealer is what makes it a better than great product.

Date created: 2010-10-08 Name: Mike
Location: Atlanta, GA

"STRAIGHT UP TRUTH"
This is the deal. I sell HVAC systems for a living. I purchased a Trane unit for my home, but currently sell Carrier, Kenmore and Payne. Bottom Line: There are way too many variables to point the blame at any manufacturer. From design to install, the margin for error is high. To do it right, means you have a good company and a good warranty. PERIOD. No jack leg installers... and no cheap quotes without warranty. You have to protect yourself. You can spend $5000 on a new system and risk it or you can spend $7000 and know you will not have to pay any out of pocket expenses or replace units for 20-30 years. Do the math. People that get screwed or end up with crappy installation or products put themselves in that position. If you buy the cheapest product from bob's hvac. Then risk is high. If you buy a quality product, from a reputable, established company then risk is low. It's more about risk management than best price. Just a thought.

Date created: 2010-10-05 Name: Jessica
Location: TN

"XL16i awesome"
Had this system 3 yrs. It is a two stage unit. Works great. Very energy efficient!

Date created: 2010-09-28 Name: cameron pierce
Location: guyton, ga

"Trane 3 ton heat pump"
We had our trane unit for 9 years. I always thought that trane was a good brand. The compressor went out and because of the new engery efficient laws I have to replace the whole unit. Nothing runs like a trane until it derails.

Date created: 2010-09-27 Name: B. Forsberg
Location: Escondido, CA.

"Broke down twice in 5 years"
I purchased a Trane XL15 about 5 years ago. So far it has broke down twice. Once the Dual capacitor in the outside unit went and now the blower motor broke. This unit is not saving me money.

Date created: 2010-09-24 Name: D Andersen
Location: Philadelphia, PA

"16i Heat Pump"
Awesome performance. Quiet, and works well.

Date created: 2010-09-21 Name: L. Robison
Location: Gilbert, az

"Weatherton 1997 4 ton-never a problem"
Never a problem with our Weatherton 4 ton!!!

Date created: 2010-09-16 Name: yvonne lewis
Location: gordon, ky

"My trane heatpump"
I have had my heatpump for about 15 years and have had no problems so far. I am a little worried that it may go out anytime. If I have to buy another it will be a trane.

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>