Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>

Date created: 2011-01-12 Name: bruce clements
Location: Odessa, Fl.

"4 ton, 10KW Heatpump"
We chose Trane because we were led to believe that this was the "Cadilac" of systems to heat and cool a home. Well, it's Winter again here in Central Florida with temps around 30 degrees and the Heatpump freezes up and moans and groans until we power it off and wait an hour until it thaws out, then we set the thermostat again hoping that we can get the temp up inside our new home to 68 degrees before it freezes up again!!!! I am so sick of this unit. I called the dealer and they said a service call would be a waste of time, because "this is normal"???? This elaborate system was installed in our new home 4 years ago. We would not buy another one! We installed R-30 insulation and have three separate zones controlled by 3 separate thermostats, figuring that we could save money with our electricity bills; well the system won't even heat one zone!

Date created: 2011-01-11 Name: Bob G.
Location: Central Texas

"Bob In Texas"
We had our home built in Central Texas in 1998 and have never had a service call on our Trane Heat Pump. I have a permanent electrostatic filter that I usually clean every month and that is all I have ever done to maintain our Trane Heat Pump. My wife and I both suffer from allergies, so we run a hunter hepa filter in every room and never open any windows. Our a/c vents and ducts are clean as new which may be a factor in never having to service our Trane.

Date created: 2011-01-08 Name: M Berry
Location: Kentucky

"Mike B"
Had my Trane installed in 2000, been a very good unit. Eight months after warranity expired, unit broke down. Parts and labor $2000 to repair. I will replace with anything but a Trane.

Date created: 2011-01-04 Name: T May
Location: Ten Mile, Tennessee

"A piece of junk"
I built my home in 2007 and had two Trane units installed. I hve never been so disatified with anything in my life. One unit is so loud my neighbors down the road can hear it run. If the tempature falls below 40 degrees, get out your coats, I can produce more heat with a lit candle. If your turn up the thermostat to finally get the house just warm, the unit on it's own goes into air condition mode and defeats what warming just completed. Technician says that the unit is defrosting and will do this. Where is the efficiency in this! He says that the unit pulls warm air from the cold air. I guess thats why as the tempature drops, the unit produces less warm air. I am totally disatisfied with the units. I would dump them in a landfill but don't want to contaminate the area! Worthless as a heating unit unless you live in Miami and hopefully the tempature never falls below 40 degrees!

Date created: 2010-12-27 Name: B Pierce
Location: Daphne , Alabama

"Went Down hill"
2 Trane Units 4 ton heat pump compressor went after only 7 years. Major expensive to replace and they only give you a one year warranty or make you buy a new one to get a 5 year warranty or 10 year warranty at mega cost. Most good reviews are 5 years or less

Date created: 2010-12-09 Name: Donna Kopish
Location: Fremont NE

"Old lady from NE"
Bought a x15 in May and all was fine until it got cold. Have had nothing but trouble with it. And yes it smells bad ever so often

Date created: 2010-12-07 Name: m winger
Location: virginia

"Poor quality"
Bought a trane xl400 with inside air handler. 3 weeks after the warrenty expired the variable speed motor on the outside burned up. Cost over $450 to replace. now motor burns up every 2 years or so. had numerious problems with vibration induced noises. apparently the pipes inside the heat pump are not insulated and rub all over the fram and make lots of noise. I pais premium price for trane components and got garbage. Will never buy another trane again.

Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: g.perko
Location: sun city west,az

"American standard product"
Heat pump purchased from trane american standard co.a big piece of junk that falls apart constantly. numerious calls made to trane , never a return call. this pump is under parts warranty only cost in thepast month for labor$1218.

Date created: 2010-12-03 Name: Ian Stuart
Location: Frederick MD

"Treat 5 star reviews with caution"
On reading the reviews of Trane on this site I notice one rather peculiar characteristic. A disproportionate number of 5 star reviews are from people who report that their twenty year units have worked perfectly. From the point of view of deciding which brand to buy these reviews are worthless since newer units bear no resemblance to the older less efficient but much more durable units. If you subtract these reviews the ratings for Trane are almost entirely 1 star, except for some ratings by dealers.

Date created: 2010-12-01 Name: philip sanfiorenzo
Location: Ft Worth,Texas

"Trane ac/ heatpump"
bought this unitnew with the house in 2003, 7 years and 3 compressors, 1 reverse valve and a heater board. this is and xr12 not a good unit at all

<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>