Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-02-07 Name: HVAC CO OWNER
Location: Richmond Va

"DO NOT BUY"
I have been in the HVAC trade for 20+ years now and i have to say DO NOT BUY TRANE!!!!! They have let the quality of their equipment go down hill very badly in the past years with all the so called "cutting edge technology" I fell for the hype myself and purchased one for my personal house and also talked everyone i know into upgrading to Trane when they needed a new unit and now i constantly wish i had never done so. Their high efficientcy equipment is all but efficient and constantly breaks down. Take it from someone who on a daily basis has to deal with Tranes JUNK and do yourself a favor, buy something else and stay away from Trane, they are not what they used to be and i no longer sell their product and will let a job i bid on go if a customer asks for Trane.

Date created: 2011-02-04 Name: TERRY FLEMING
Location: TUCSON, AZ. 85710

"MR. FLEMING"
REPLACED MY 14+ YEAR OLD RHEEM WHICH HAD A REVERSING VAVLE GO BAD, NEVER BEEN SERVICED I PAID 2,500 CASH IN 1994 REPLACED IT WITH A XL 16 2 STAGE HEATPUMP SPENT $8016 HAD TO CALL OUT REPAIR GUYS IN DEC. 2009 UNIT WAS STUCK ON DEFROST, THEY HAD TO ORDER PARTS FOR DEFROST CONTROL BOARD ALONG WITH ALL THE SENSORS, I THINK IT TOOK LIKE 2 WEEKS FOR PARTS, NOT IN STOCK AFTER THEY REPLACE PARTS STILL HASN'T WORK LIKE IT DID WHENIT WAS NEW, AFTER 3 MONTHS OF CALLING THEM OUT, I FINALLY GAVE UP ON GETTING IT FIXED BECAUSE EACH TIME WE CALLED THEY SAID NOTHING WRONG WITH IT, WELL NOW ITS 16 MONTHS OLD AND DOING IT ALL OVER AGAIN AS IT DID LAST WINTER MY SUDGESTION IS, DON'T BUY ONE WITH A DEFROST CYCLE IF YOU LIVE IN TUCSON BECAUSE IT WILL CONSTANTLY START UP ON DEFROST ANYTIME OUTSIDE IS 50 DEGREE OR COLDER WHICH IN TURN MEANS IT BLOWS IN COLD AIR AT START UP THEN YOU HAVE TO REHEAT ALL THE COLD AIR IT JUST PUT IN ALONG WITH STINKY AIR AND I ALSO USED A COMFORT SPECIALIST DEALER I ALSO HAVE THE 10 YEAR PARTS & LABOR WARRENTLY THANKFULLY

Date created: 2011-02-03 Name: D. Ridolfi
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Happy"
Replaced our 5 ton 10 year old unit(9 SEER) with a 16 SEER Trane. Our electic bill went down $60 per month.

Date created: 2011-02-02 Name: J Brenner
Location: Tallahassee, FL

"Three SETS of coils in 11 years!!!!"
I have owned my home for 11 years and we just put in the third set of coils for over 1800.00 dollars - according to our service provider the coils themselves are not the problem it is the frame that corrodes and then punctures the coils. VERY bad design and they charge you like crazy for a new one

Date created: 2011-01-30 Name: john
Location: southern kentucky

"Comfort zone"
We have used our heat pump with no problems at all. now, we are having a problem with the heat. a few days ago it started runnig 10 degrees warmer than the 17 year old weathertron thermostat is set at. i've been trying to find a solution online with no luck. but ive set thermostat at 60 and it's keeping the house at 70 just fine. if anyone has any advice, i could really use the help...

Date created: 2011-01-26 Name: R. Allen
Location: Piedmont, NC

"No good for cold weather"
I bought this unit in 2009, replaced a gas central heating system. I am very disappointed, this thing eats electricity and my power bill run between $300-$400/month in the winter. I keep the thermostat set at 68F, so I'm not trying to keep the house warm as a toaster. I live in central NC where winters are mild and short, so these high power bills came as quite a shock. I frequently run my gas logs or small electric heaters to heat the room I'm in at the time. Oddly, my cooling bills are quite good, considering the long hot summers we have here.

Date created: 2011-01-25 Name: C. Dodson
Location: Southwestern Va

"You cant stop a trane!"
I have been in the heating and cooling field for 27 years and yes there are some Trane units I have seen that are troublesome but Trane as a whole compaired to other makes that I also install and service is second to none parts are reasonably priced and the units are easy to repair. Proper care and maintenance is the key to a longlasting and trouble free unit.

Date created: 2011-01-18 Name: H. SCHROETER
Location: BIRMINGHAM,AL

"H.SCHROETER"
BOUGHT UNIT IN 2002. HAVE REPLACED: -2 CAPACITORS -1 TRANSFORMER -1 BLOWER FAN MOTOR -1 OUTSIDE FAN MOTOR -1 OUTSIDE FAN BLADE IF YOU BUY A TRANE, MAKE SURE HAVE A PROTECTION PLAN!!!!!

Date created: 2011-01-17 Name: E. Duke
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC

"My Trane XL15i works great"
I bought this unit in March of 2009 and have had zero problems with it. I now work for a HVAC dealer who installs Trane, York, and Carrier. They are all good equipment when installed properly. You must check with friends, neighbors, rating agencies, etc. to get the right installer. Installation is critical!!

Date created: 2011-01-16 Name: Steve Ayoub
Location: gainesville fl

"Trane Heat Pump"
Built a new home in 2003 and had a trane xl installed. Within one year the reversing valve and compressor died. Spent about $700 to fix those items even though they were under warranty. In 2007 the variable speed fan was dead and that cost around $800 to fix. Then in 2009 the evaporator coils were leaking. The parts was under warranty but was charged about $400 to fix. The part was on backorder and took about three weeks to fix during severe freezing weather. Whenever I tell a trane person about these problems they always say it was not installed correctly?? I keep hearing this about every manufactures shortcomings installation errors. I just moved into another house and the units are 12 year old tempstars and they are running just fine. Actually the house has three units and the main one just sprang a leak in the evaporator coil. 12 years vs 6. I might just repair the old tempstar rather than buy new china garbage.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>