Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

Read more about Trane heat pumps

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-07-25 Name: Carole Orndoff
Location: Galax, VA

"Lemon"
I have had this unit for less than two years and have had to call for repairs three times. Saturday, the hottest day of 2016, my system didn't work again. J's HVAC came out and said the fan motor was not working and needed to be replaced. They said the part was under warranty but it would cost me $480.00. I am so sorry that they ever talked me into buying a Trane.

Date created: 2016-06-08 Name: Stephen
Location: North Carolina

"Always breaks"
We are another set of very dissatisfied owners of Trane products. Within three years of it being new we have had to completely replace our air handler along with multiple repairs to our heat pump. Upon trying to contact Trane and their customer service we have still yet to have a response. It's very sad that people need to pay thousands of dollars out of pocket on something that is 3 years old with zero help from the manufacturer.

Date created: 2016-06-02 Name: Robbie Jill Rickard
Location: Wausa, NE

"You can stop a Trane"
Had mine installed in 2002, it never worked. Had a 5 year warranty, the service & installer was ****** ****** out of Orchard, Nebraska. Put band-aid "fixes" to it until the warranty ran out. I'm just out, no repairs no nothing unless it's out of my pocket. I have a window air conditioner now. My service was deplorable, I was robbed and tricked. I feel so taken advantage of. I will never purchase another Trane product.

Date created: 2016-05-31 Location: Seattle, WA

"Trane Heat Pump - Seattle Washington"
I purchased the heat pump as part of my new construction. Being in the mechanical and engineering consulting field and energy efficiency business for over 20 years, I am very familiar with Trane. They were highly recommended in the consulting firm and my request to the contractors. I am very satisfied with the efficiency of my unit. My home is kept comfortable year-round and I have installed a programmable thermostat to also manage usage. My electrical bills have seen a reduction because of the efficiency and management of my system. The only very slight negative is that sometimes the heat pump is a little bit noisier than I would like even with a silencing blanket, but not enough for me to make a change of any kind.

Date created: 2016-04-18 Name: Alan Pickering
Location: Berwick, PA

"Why can't anyone make it work?"
I bought a home 5 summers ago with a 3 month old Trane heat pump. I have had 5 different service companies (including 2 Trane Authorized) work on it and no one can make it work. Every season it randomly freezes up and we have to turn it off, swelter while it thaws, turn it back on and wait until the next random freeze-up happens. The last (Trane Authorized) service rep said we should change the thermostat setting because we can't expect to keep our home at 68 degrees. If that is the best Trane can do, I will never own another one. I am over $1500 into service calls and still don't have a working heat pump.

Date created: 2016-02-14 Name: Geoffrey T. Meehan
Location: Linden, VA

"The Trane heat pump failed. Sucks, sorry I bought it."
This is one "Bloody" tragedy, my purchasing the Trane model number 4TGB3F25A1000AA which you, Trane people, do not list on the Model List provided above. The unit has failed to deliver heat after the outside temperature drops to 30 degrees. For the last five days this year, 2016, the unit has failed to provide EMHeat. In fact, the Trane unit has blown 5 sets of 60 Amp fuses. Not cheap fuses, but the $17.00 a pair fuses manufactured by Cooper Bussmann. *******, *** (the installer) stopped by after I called for help and told me that the Trane heat pump cannot provide heat after the temperature drops to below 28 degrees. It is not designed to provide warmth. It's a heat pump. Heat if the temperature outside drops to below freezing.

Date created: 2015-12-07 Location: Charleston,Wv

"LOVE MY HEAT PUMP!!!"
We bought this heat pump about 3 years ago and have yet to have any problems with it! We love it. In the summer, our house is cool, and in the winter, our house is warm. There really isn't anything I dislike other than the price. As you know, anything Trane is expensive. However, the quality to me is worth the price. Their products you can tell are very well made and I know they work well. I would definitely purchase this product again and I would recommend it to anyone. My mom and dad plus my uncle have always used Trane products which is what prompted me to try them. They have both had their heat pumps over 20 years and they are still going strong. You just can't beat Trane quality and yes, I believe that's worth paying $1000.00 - $2000.00 more for. Just try it. You won't be disappointed!

Date created: 2015-11-06 Location: Wilmington, NC

"Trane heat pump causes nothing but problems"
Our Trane XL heat pump was installed by the previous homeowners in 2010. We bought the house and inherited this problem unit in 2014. I don't know of any issues with it before we moved in. Since April of 2014, we have had to call out a technician a total of 4 times. We had two leaks at two different connections where we lost all of our Freon. Once we had to replace the capacitor. Most recently we had to replace the compressor because it was not developing any pressure anymore despite still running. The warranty replaced the compressor but did not cover the labor or the replacement Freon. The total we have spent repairing it is over $1500 dollars at this point. After each repair, the unit functions fine but it hasn't run for more than 6 months without needing repairs. While it heats and cools fine when it is running, it seems like it is constantly costing more money. I would not recommend a Trane or at least the same model that we have.

Date created: 2015-11-02 Location: Woodland, Wa

"Thumbs up on our Trane Heat Pump"
We have had our Trane heat pump for about 8 years now. I wasn't sure what a heat pump was when we first looked into getting one. After 8 years though, I love it and can't image going back to any other heating and cooling source. It does a great job of heating and cooling, and we have never had to get it repaired. We do, however, keep up on annual maintenance, and that is a must to keep your heat pump functioning properly. The only thing I do not like about ours is that it is all electric. Other than that, it is going strong, heats and cools well, and requires minimal care. I would happily recommend this brand to anyone, and buy a heat pump from Trane again.

Date created: 2015-10-15 Location: Jesup, GA

"Trane Heat Pump"
I have owned my Trane heat pumps for 4 1/2 years. I actually have two units as I live in a two story house. It was in the home we purchased, so the units are actually 16 years old. In the four years I have lived here, we have had a transistor go out on one of the units twice which meant a call to the AC repair guy. Overall, it does pretty good. I'm not going to say my home is weather proof and we have single pane windows. We keep the thermostat set at 76 in the summer and 68 in the winter. To me, the upstairs, even with the thermostat at 76, is only comfortable. But I think with double pane windows and some more installation in the roof, it would be quite nice. The downstairs stays really cool in the summer even when it's 100 outside. During the winter, the house is really warm, no problems there. I can't really say I dislike anything about the Trane units. They are not really noisy and they do the job. The transistor only cost $100 including labor to repair, which is not too bad taking into account that the units are 16 years old. I would definitely buy this brand again and most certainly recommend Trane to other people. However, I will note that the AC service company we used to repair our unit said that they are going to quit selling Trane units as the parts are getting hard to get, so that may be something to keep in mind. I would ask around and make sure if something goes wrong with it that there is a service company that deals with Trane and can get the parts. Other than that, it's a great heat pump.

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>