Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about Trane heat pumps

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2017-04-22 Name: J. Cantrell
Location: Elkhorn City, KY

"Trane review"
I have a 3 year old heat pump. At 2 years old a coil had to be replaced and now the compressor has to be replaced. Even though the parts are on the warranty, I have to pay for labor, a service call and the coolant which is very expensive. We bought this for my son who has cerebral palsy and he is the one suffering.

Date created: 2017-04-08 Name: Tom
Location: Valdosta, GA

"Fake Warranty"
Trane refuses to give warranty for a compressor failure. Unit is only four years old. The owners manual clearly states this unit has the standard five year compressor. After many calls to the local distribution company and many more calls to trane. I have made no progress. Trane offered no help to resolve the problem. Many times the phone just disconnected because I had no code to enter to speak with a person. I have been in business since 1985 and have always promoted trane. When I started working on then GE who was bought by trane this equipment was the toughest equipment around Operating in the most extreme conditions. Now they are less quality than the cheapest units. And have multiple leaks. I regret I sold this garbage to many really good and loyal customers. This most recent customer since 1987....

Date created: 2017-03-12 Name: D Holsapple
Location: Louisville, KY

"Never Again"
Unit installed February 2011 first problem fall 2011 smelly air. Coils cleaned, no change. Coils replaced spring 2012 problem solved. Feb 2013 blower motor replaced. August 2015 fan relay replaced. February 2016 defrost relay replaced and 3 lbs freon installed. Now March 2017 no defrost cycle and aux heat on at 30 degrees. Contacted customer service and was told basically not our problem. Local dealer trying to help.

Date created: 2017-02-02 Name: Linda
Location: Corvallis, OR

"This should be better"
We purchased a house a little over two years ago in which a Trane heat pump had already been installed. I must say, if this is how good it gets get another system. There is only one of me residing within the house. This past month's electrical bill was $790, and when questioned the electrical company said a heat pump is not effective in temperatures below 50 degrees. Now, that is most of the winter here. So, I turned off the zones (there is 3) thinking that would inhibit the amp usage. Wrong, it increased threefold.......which does not seem right when a system is off. With all the other reviews posted on this site, my recommendation would be to look at other systems than a Trane. It does not seem to work as advertised (or promised....).

Date created: 2017-01-01 Name: jon sab
Location: Kermit, WV

"Save on electric bill & good quality"
My Trane Weathertron unit has been in use since 3/2003. This fall is the first time I've had to call a local Trane dealer for service. Cond coils are freezing in 20 degree weather. It has been very inexpensive to operate. Cooling in hottest summer has been great. So the past 2 winters we had below zero temps and it operated fine. Every year I remove side cover & use a garden sprayer with dawn dish detergent to clean the evap coils & hose clean cond coils also. When the local dealer installed it he put in metal ducts & insulated them all. I would recomend Trane to anyone to replace an old unit.

Date created: 2016-10-16 Name: S. Mallinger
Location: Garner, NC

"2 identical coils leaking in 2 years"
I moved into a new house in Raleigh in September 2014, just about 2 years ago. Heat pump units were already installed when we purchased the house. Last month (September) I saw a buildup of ice on the expansion valve housing and the tubing around the compressor. Called the installer and the rep said it was low on Freon. He added a pound to the system. Several weeks later a different company rep came here for a maintenance agreement inspection and informed me that the coil had a leak and needed to be replaced. Yesterday, I talked to my neighbor next door and he said that he had to have his leaking coil replaced. Sounds fishy. Two new houses side by side with the same units and the same major problem.

Date created: 2016-09-26 Name: E. White
Location: Chavies, KY

"Trane, truth or dare"
Well we got our brand new Trane in 2013 or should I say we thought it would be a brand new one. When Lowe's had it delivered we found out it wasn't a brand new one but a refurbished one. So my husband made them take it back and bring out a brand new one like we expected and paid for. And well I guess they did but I beg to differ to the date because we had it for only 3 years and already have had trouble with it. 800.00 dollars worth of trouble. And I'm sorry but they advertise a Trane to be tough and reliable, well I don't think so. I just don't think you should have trouble with a so-called brand new unit within 3 years of use. The repairman said it was a bad coil. Well I think that is a manufacture's problem and we should had been held accountable for any service call and labor cost.

Date created: 2016-07-25 Name: Carole Orndoff
Location: Galax, VA

"Lemon"
I have had this unit for less than two years and have had to call for repairs three times. Saturday, the hottest day of 2016, my system didn't work again. J's HVAC came out and said the fan motor was not working and needed to be replaced. They said the part was under warranty but it would cost me $480.00. I am so sorry that they ever talked me into buying a Trane.

Date created: 2016-06-08 Name: Stephen
Location: North Carolina

"Always breaks"
We are another set of very dissatisfied owners of Trane products. Within three years of it being new we have had to completely replace our air handler along with multiple repairs to our heat pump. Upon trying to contact Trane and their customer service we have still yet to have a response. It's very sad that people need to pay thousands of dollars out of pocket on something that is 3 years old with zero help from the manufacturer.

Date created: 2016-06-02 Name: Robbie Jill Rickard
Location: Wausa, NE

"You can stop a Trane"
Had mine installed in 2002, it never worked. Had a 5 year warranty, the service & installer was ****** ****** out of Orchard, Nebraska. Put band-aid "fixes" to it until the warranty ran out. I'm just out, no repairs no nothing unless it's out of my pocket. I have a window air conditioner now. My service was deplorable, I was robbed and tricked. I feel so taken advantage of. I will never purchase another Trane product.

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>