Consumer Reviews of TEMPSTAR heat pumps

Read more about TEMPSTAR heat pumps

Date created: 2009-02-24 Name: J. Wright
Location: Harrisburg, AR

"Tempstar Heat Pump"
I don't understand why so many people are have problems with their tempstar heat pump. Maybe it was installed incorrectly or their service tech don't know how to work on it. I have had great service out of mine. And will buy another one when the time comes.

Date created: 2009-02-06 Name: Wilson
Location: Ohio

"Tempstar Smartcomfort"
Works great until winter, had to replace the defrost board every winter for 5 years now. 7th year the piece of junk died. junk junk JUNK....get another brand!!!

Date created: 2009-01-06 Name: S. Penix
Location: Boons Camp, Kentucky

"Disapointed"
I have had nothing but " trouble " with this unit ....itís a 4 ton....from circuit boards to relays ....it seems to know ...when paid day is ...because it will need something ...it has never heated the way it should since I installed it ... if you are looking at buying one ...please look at other brands ...I sure wished I had ....

Date created: 2009-01-05 Name: Denise Mourton
Location: Waldron, AR

"Your air/heater cond. is no good"
It has to be worked on every summer and winter we have paid out so much money this unit. I would never buy another one as long as I live. We have needed new coils for our unit and every heating person we have paid to come and work on since 2003 has been denied the coils. So here is another winter its 32* outside and we have no heat. Will never buy a Tempstar again. We have had over 2500.00 down the drain.

Date created: 2008-12-29 Name: mark
Location: Phoenix, AZ

" DONT BUY ONE"
Replace a 15 yr old unit that was working, wanted a "high efficiency unit". Bought a Tempstar, bad move. Have had to have major repairs every year except yr 1/2. After that, the labor warranty had expired, and I was stuck with paying for service. Parts were free if I wanted to pull teeth pay double and then get "free parts", never again will I buy a Tempstar. I am very disappointed.

Date created: 2008-12-01 Name: Mark Dunbar
Location: Largo, FL

"Dunbar"
It worked ok for 5 years. Then just after warranty expired the compressor went. The tech from the same installation company said the rest of the unit is junk and showed how the coils are dried out and flake off when brushed. This is not acceptable, a $3000 unit should not be crumbling to pieces at 5 years.

Date created: 2008-11-23 Name: Elaine C.
Location: Nashville, TN

"Yep, It's crap"
It seems like everytime I turn around....mainly on the coldest day of the year or the hottest day of the year....this unit needs servicing. Now I'm told they don't even make them anymore! This has not been a good experience for me!

Date created: 2008-06-23 Name: M. Fordham
Location: Crystal River, FL

"VERY SATISFIED WITH MY TEMPSTAR HEAT PUMP"
I have owned my Tempstar for 18 years. I have had absolutely no problems with this unit. When I decide to replace with a new unit it will absolutely be a Tempstar.

Date created: 2008-06-12 Name: Anthony Giobbe

"DO NOT BUY"
This unit has been terrible since the day it was installed. Four years later and I'm installing a new unit!

Date created: 2008-06-05 Name: John Stewart
Location: Springfield, Missouri

"I own two units"
Have had nothing but trouble with both units--one up stairs and one down stairs. Service call after service call and it breaks down every 3-6 months.