Consumer Reviews of TEMPSTAR heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about TEMPSTAR heat pumps

Date created: 2008-12-01 Name: Mark Dunbar
Location: Largo, FL

"Dunbar"
It worked ok for 5 years. Then just after warranty expired the compressor went. The tech from the same installation company said the rest of the unit is junk and showed how the coils are dried out and flake off when brushed. This is not acceptable, a $3000 unit should not be crumbling to pieces at 5 years.

Date created: 2008-11-23 Name: Elaine C.
Location: Nashville, TN

"Yep, It's crap"
It seems like everytime I turn around....mainly on the coldest day of the year or the hottest day of the year....this unit needs servicing. Now I'm told they don't even make them anymore! This has not been a good experience for me!

Date created: 2008-06-23 Name: M. Fordham
Location: Crystal River, FL

"VERY SATISFIED WITH MY TEMPSTAR HEAT PUMP"
I have owned my Tempstar for 18 years. I have had absolutely no problems with this unit. When I decide to replace with a new unit it will absolutely be a Tempstar.

Date created: 2008-06-12 Name: Anthony Giobbe

"DO NOT BUY"
This unit has been terrible since the day it was installed. Four years later and I'm installing a new unit!

Date created: 2008-06-05 Name: John Stewart
Location: Springfield, Missouri

"I own two units"
Have had nothing but trouble with both units--one up stairs and one down stairs. Service call after service call and it breaks down every 3-6 months.

Date created: 2008-05-14 Name: Tempstar Hater
Location: Central Florida

There is no nice way to say it. Tempstar is rubbish. I bought my house 8 yrs ago & within a week the old unit died. The sellers were nice people and had the unit replaced, at their expense, with a new 4 tons Tempstar. It was the noisiest P.O.S. since day one. It has never run very smoothly. While I don't like having to spend the money to replace it, at least I can get something that will be quieter, (almost any other brand will do that), and more efficient.

Date created: 2008-05-14 Name: MIKE FORD
Location: Deland, Fla

I have owned my 3 ton tempstar heat pump for 18 years. The only problem I ever had was the defrost valve need to be replaced. Believe it or not, I never even had it serviced in 18 years. I did change out my filters every couple of months. I will eventually replace this unit with another tempstar.

Date created: 2008-04-26 Name: MIKE FORD
Location: Sanford, FL

I have owned a tempstar 3 ton heat pump for 18 years. That is right 18 years! I have never had it serviced! I do change the filter every month. I live in central FL, so as you can imagine we run the airconditioner quite frequently. I am having another tempstar installed next week. It is a 14 seer. My old tempstar is running perfectly but after so many years I don't want to have to replace it in the middle of the summer, plus the new unit's 14 seer rating will be much more economic to run. You can't beat tempstar for the money.

Date created: 2008-03-20 Name: PETE CLEMENTS

We have had no bad luck at all and have found it to be as advertised.

Date created: 2007-12-27 Name: joe sershen
Location: virginia

I have had nothing but problems with both units upstairs and downstairs units neither has run for more than 6 months without breaking down.