Consumer Reviews of TEMPSTAR heat pumps

Read more about TEMPSTAR heat pumps

Date created: 2008-05-14 Name: Tempstar Hater
Location: Central Florida

There is no nice way to say it. Tempstar is rubbish. I bought my house 8 yrs ago & within a week the old unit died. The sellers were nice people and had the unit replaced, at their expense, with a new 4 tons Tempstar. It was the noisiest P.O.S. since day one. It has never run very smoothly. While I don't like having to spend the money to replace it, at least I can get something that will be quieter, (almost any other brand will do that), and more efficient.

Date created: 2008-05-14 Name: MIKE FORD
Location: Deland, Fla

I have owned my 3 ton tempstar heat pump for 18 years. The only problem I ever had was the defrost valve need to be replaced. Believe it or not, I never even had it serviced in 18 years. I did change out my filters every couple of months. I will eventually replace this unit with another tempstar.

Date created: 2008-04-26 Name: MIKE FORD
Location: Sanford, FL

I have owned a tempstar 3 ton heat pump for 18 years. That is right 18 years! I have never had it serviced! I do change the filter every month. I live in central FL, so as you can imagine we run the airconditioner quite frequently. I am having another tempstar installed next week. It is a 14 seer. My old tempstar is running perfectly but after so many years I don't want to have to replace it in the middle of the summer, plus the new unit's 14 seer rating will be much more economic to run. You can't beat tempstar for the money.

Date created: 2008-03-20 Name: PETE CLEMENTS

We have had no bad luck at all and have found it to be as advertised.

Date created: 2007-12-27 Name: joe sershen
Location: virginia

I have had nothing but problems with both units upstairs and downstairs units neither has run for more than 6 months without breaking down.

Date created: 2007-01-10 Name: J. Witt
Location: Savannah Ga.

I purchased $80,000 worth of tempstar equipment in 2006 I had not one problem. The dealer I used was very honest and takes his time when installing equipment. I feel that this is the key to getting good results from AC equipment.

Date created: 2006-12-08 Name: Chuck McArthur
Location: Sharpsburg,Ga.

It took several weeks for the company plus two mfg.Reps.to get the unit to start cooling. The coil has been replaced,the capacitor was replaced twice and now i am having to replace the HEAT STRIP ASSEMBLY. the parts are covered by the warranty but we have to pay a service charge of 70.00 plus 60.00 an hour labor charge. So not only did we pay 3,000.00 for the heat pump, but we continue to pay out money for labor charges every time somthing breaks on this "new unit"