Consumer Reviews of SEARS heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about SEARS heat pumps

Date created: 2014-06-10 Name: Cynthia Fugere
Location: Virginia Beach Virginia

"Never again"
I bought a Kenmore split system heat pump / air handler from Sears just under 3 years ago. It cost me over $8000.00! In the last 5 weeks I have had them out 5 times. Each time they cannot find the Freon leak?!??! Every time the tech does not have the proper equipment to do the job correctly. I had to call around the local HVAC companies to find nitrogen so they could check the pressure correctly. I have recorded everything and am going to the EPA! At this point my unit has lost over 21 pounds of Freon. My unit only hold 6.4 pounds! (Definitely against EPA regulations!) I work in the industry and know how things should be done properly. Today I was scheduled for my 6th appointment (it is going to be 90 outside today) and they do not know when my part is or when my appointment is?!?!?! By the way this was in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia.

Date created: 2011-05-27 Location: clare, MI

"My crosley heat pump"
The heat pump i purchased about 3 years ago came at a grea price and a usefull buy. The biggest difference in this product was the simplicity of instalation and assembly. A mechanic I am not but i seemed to manage just fine. Three years into this pump and I have had no issues. A good peice of equipment for a good price.

Date created: 2010-02-06 Name: Craig Johnston

"Sears Heat Pump Problems"
Since the unit was first installed a couple of years ago, it has been nothing but a loud, inefficient piece of junk. I had problems from the day it was installed. Had it completely replaced 3 months later. Sued Sears (and won) for the amount of time I had to be at home when the machine was serviced. The replacement unit is loud and inefficient and I'm having them come on site again to tell me why.

Date created: 2009-10-18 Name: B.Cadle

"Devastated about kenmore heat and cooling product."
Ever since I bought this unit I have been having problems. Sears replaced all duct work after 5 years of complaining. Within 5 yrs they always had to repair something. Over all I have been frustrated with this particular product for not getting hot or cold enough. Never had a full year of satisfaction with this unit. I will like a replacement unit at this time. 10/18/09. As of this date product is still not working properly.

Date created: 2009-03-19 Name: Nell G. McMakin
Location: Belton, SC

"A real disappointment"
A piece of junk!!! For 18 months, this unit will not cool when it it hot, and will not heat when it is cold. I have had service people out here at least 8 times and it is still not right. The first mistake they made was to disconnect the heat strips. Therefore, when it is really cold, there is no second source of heat to bring up the temperature. I was even told by a service man that I did not need it in this part of the country. They did not install a complete new system. They used the existing duct work, circulation fan and electrical wiring. I have a "piece of a Sears heat pump and it is not working..

Date created: 2009-02-10 Name: Lebert Thomas
Location: Montreal, Quebec

"Kenmore heat pump"
This heat pump is very noises, not reliable broking three times already I just lost the compressor this winter, It takes ten days to repair, I'm disappointed.

Date created: 2007-11-09 Name: S. Johnson
Location: West Columbia, SC

This is my first time owning a heat pump and it does not meet the heating effect that I had expected. The unit is noisy and runs continuously and if you like to feel really warm this is not suitable for your needs. I feel like it was not a good choice for heat even though I was told how improved they had become. I rather pay more for gas and be warmer!!

Date created: 2007-03-12 Name: Peter E. Wilcox
Location: Spokane, WA

Sears does not provide an owners manual with this unit, therefore I have no idea what to expect from it when operating as a heat pump. I don't know what temperatures it will support or in what outside temperatures it should be used. I suspect it was oversold to me and is not appropriate for temperature conditions where I live.