Consumer Reviews of RUUD heat pumps

Read more about RUUD heat pumps

Date created: 2011-09-03 Name: Ronnie L. Wheat
Location: tompkinsville ky.

"Ruud make this right"
You would think ruud would apparate what few costumers they have, but they don't. They will blame the installer for bad insulation, writing 10 year warranty with out approval. But when it's all said and done, the ruud heat pump, reem that owns ruud, is the sorriest, junkiest, piece of crap on the market. And the reem @ ruud name is being dragged through the mud. I have been in conflict with them for 6 months. All I hear is I'm sorry we will not help you. Telling me that I will have to sue the installer, which wrote me a 10 year warranty, which they say he didn't have the right to write the warranty. How in the hell was I supposed to know that. Installer quit after 5 yrs. Now I'm stuck with this piece of junk, needing 1800.00 in parts. 10 year warranty in hand, RUUD says I'm sorry, WELL THAT'S not good enough. REEM @ Ruud.

Date created: 2011-08-23 Name: b tatom
Location: lake city fl.

"The unit doesn't cycle correctly"
Less than 5 months we're already having issues. The unit doesn't cycle correctly 4,500.00 for a piece of junk! We'll make sure all of our neighbors and friends are aware of the non-quality of these systems.

Date created: 2011-06-22 Name: ronnie wheat

"Warranty"
I understand reem bought rudd,and there is no difference in the two units.why does reem have a 10 year warranty, and ruud only has a 5 year warranty. i ordered a reem, when installer brought out and opened box it was a ruud.i told the installer that was wrong.he advised they come down same line, every thing the same, and had same warranty. who am i to know the difference.i have a 10 year warranty in hand, a piece of junk setting out side.you go after the installer and make this right. i don't see this is my fight,i have a tottaly comanited system, that will never be right,had 5 years and 6 months.need 1800.00 in parts.a co. as big as reem should take care of some one that got scammed on unit and warranty.no i will not take installer to court and be out 3000.00. i demand reem to take care of this. not my fault, didn't get what i ordered,and was wrote a 10 year warranty, that is no good.got e-mail from reem dealer stating if it was a reem i would have a 10 year warranty.(now)how in the hell can this be my fault. and you tottaly refuse to do anything about it, would it do any good to say please.

Date created: 2011-06-21 Name: ronnie wheat

"Ruud will let any one install a central unit and write their own warranties"
Ruud, do you screen any dealers you sell units to,do they know that they cannot write a 10 wear warranty. i believe if i was a big orgi.like you are i would have a training session,and a rule book to go by.i,ve had my unit for 5 years and 6 months, and your telling me it's not worth the paper it,s written on. i have the warranty in hand 10 year on compressor 5 years on parts 1 year on labor. how can a co. do the little, dumb costumer that way and stay in buisness. wouldn't have another ruud, and telling the whole world not to buy. sick of the whole mess.

Date created: 2011-05-17 Name: B. Bloedel
Location: Purlear, NC

"Achiever 14? doesn't achieve!"
Thinking we were getting a very energy efficient heat pump when we built our new home in 2005, we were very disappointed. In June of 2007, it cost $550 to put in freon, because of a leak. It has been down hill ever since. The unit blows cold air while we sleep & our electric bill was sky high. Now they say we need a new one!?

Date created: 2011-05-06 Name: R.B
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

"Nuts"
The people on here writing these reviews obviosly didnt get a good install, I have put in a few RUUD units in friends places, furnaces, and heat pumps alike, never had an issue....you get what you pay for and I'm refering to the install, not the equipment. Brand bashing is a total waste of time, 95% of the units out there share the same basic components. The compressors are ALL the same except for TRANE, they all come from COPELAND except the 1% that are BRISTOL. Sorry for your issues, but inproper install techniques are the BIGGEST killer of units out there. Compressors dont just fail in 2 years, its almost impossible. There is a 2% factory Dead on arrival and factory defective units out there. Compressors should last 10 years easy, but like I said, if your install methods suck, and you dont do a proper quality job (quality costs money) then expect ANY unit out there to function and FAIL the exact same way as this unit, be it a Carrier, TRANE, York, Amana or RUUD.

Date created: 2011-04-01 Name: Mike
Location: Quebec, Canada

"RUUD no more"
The heat pump came with the house when I bought it about 11 years ago. Three years ago my problems started with a fan motor replacement, then a freon leak and now the compresore and the fan motor again. time to get a new one. I have to say that compared to my neighbour's coleman mine was alot more quiet.

Date created: 2011-02-24 Name: MICHAEL BOOK

"NEVER WOULD HAVE ANOTHER"
I HAVE HAD 2 UNITS 7.5 YEARS. ONE UNIT WAS REPLACED WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR AND THE SECOND UNIT IS IN NEED OF BEING REPLACED NOW. THE REPAIR COST TO THIS POINT WOULD REPLACE ONE UNIT

Date created: 2011-02-23 Name: david ross
Location: bullhead city, AZ

"NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER"
Nothing but issues harmonic sound very dunning daily cycling into "defrost mode" (frost in Arizona???) sounds like a truck in defrost mode unit leaked internaly into the air handler thermostat reqired replacing (related???) ruud just shined us on. said to call a different contractor. (they only have one authorized local contractor) local contractor seems to be between a rock and a hard place since im not happy and ruud doesnt seem to want to help this made in the USA unit is not a good product. i guess the imports know something that we dont care about any more.....QUALITY.....sad....

Date created: 2011-02-10 Name: T.Wiersma
Location: Glendale,AZ

"RUUD AWAKENING !"
I bought my Ruud Heat Pump just 4 years ago. Nothing but a headache since day installed. When first installed sounded like a Helicopter flying overhead, so loud my neighbors comlained. Really! Goettl came out and fixed it the first week it was installed. Goettl has been out at $79.00 trip charges each visit (Goettl is the one who installed it new) they call it an evaluation charge before the warranty coverage paying for the repairs. Not even 5 years old yet and this thing is being over hauled already piece by piece over 4 years. 8 repair trip visits in 4 years! It never did blow really cool air in the summer and in winter it runs all the time since the air it blows out will not even get to a 12 degree split. Goettl says this is normal? Unreal. By standards here in Arizona, if a unit does not provide at least a 18 degree split, the unit is considered not operating properly. Ruud also I found out has the worst warranty in the business on parts and labor. Should have done my research better, so that is my fault. I learned my lesson, just wanting to make sure the money I threw away does not happen to you.