Consumer Reviews of RUUD heat pumps

Read more about RUUD heat pumps

Date created: 2013-11-09 Name: George Johnson
Location: Ca.

"Very Nice"
It has been working great for 9 years.

Date created: 2013-09-13 Name: T. East

"Never Worked"
I contacted Southern Comfort Heating & Air Co. for a unit as I was remodeling and it was required for the loan. This house never had central heat or air before. So therefore, I relied totally on this company to guide me, wrong wrong. This system has never cooled or kept the house warm from day one. I have had problems with it every time I've turned it on. Cannot get the company to come back and check it anymore. Just went out of warranty and was told today it was scrap, and it's only 5 years old. I thought I'd get around 20 years out of it. If Ruud is #1, I think I'll just go with the window units and stick with the wall mount heating. I had to put in to help the Ruud out. At least with window unit cooling, I'm not sweating while cleaning the house. It's terrible when your VAC puts out more heat than your heat pump.

Date created: 2013-09-02 Name: J.Washington
Location: MI.

"Nicely Done"
Not worried about this winter. It does the job. Cools great too! Stayed a summer in Arizona 3 years ago and our Ruud did the job there. Quiet. Our last one of another brand was too noisy and blew hot air for 20 feet. You could hear it inside the house.

Date created: 2013-06-06 Name: mwaters
Location: Richmond, Va

"Ruud Against Carrier or Trane Anyday"
I have sold over 100 Ruud split systems as well as commercial rooftop units. Ruud tankless water heaters, Ruud Aquatherm units, Ruud generators, Ruud hydronic air handlers, as well as a large selection of Ruud IAQ products. My dealers and other customers love the Ruud brand and continuously tell me they would put it up against Trane or Carrier or anything else, any day. The report on the current Ruud equipment is it's good looking, state of the art, very competitive prices, and as durable as they get. Even the Value Series Condensing Units and Dry Charged Units come with full Grill Guards. I have sold Carrier, Trane, Comfortmaker, Bryant, Payne, and Grandaire, and I have had little to no call backs with Ruud compared to the other equipments. Very happy with the Ruud line.

Date created: 2013-06-05 Name: jadams
Location: trussville, al

"Piece of Shi*****"
I'd never get a Ruud again! I've lived in a brand new house since 2007. I've had no stop problems with both of my heat pumps for upstairs and downstairs! It's been leaking freon since 2011, and I was told it wasn't under warranty! I had a Carrier (1 unit) in New Jersey and it never gave us a problem! More expensive but saves you money and aggravation in the long run! And if you live in Birmingham, NEVER use Darden Green or Trinity!!!

Date created: 2013-02-21 Name: C. Brown
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

"RUUD Will Not Stand By Their Product!"
We purchased a new ruud Heat-Pump unit from Precision Air and Heating and the company did not stand behind the product they sell. From Photos taken, the unit clearly had a manufacturing / quality issue. Note! This unit was only about 17 months old. Precision nor ruud, the manufacturer, would not take responsibility for the manufacturing issue which allowed two refrigerant lines to rub together, causing a leak in one of the lines and releasing all the of the refrigerant. This defect was clearly due to manufacturing, as the photos taken by the service tech indicate. We contacted ruud but they refused to reimburse any of the costs. They stated that because the unit was not serviced that they would not stand behind the defect in workmanship. When talking with Precision Airís Customer Service Manager he too agreed the two lines touching would not have been seen during an annual ac Tune Up. According to Precision Air this was not a failure of a component or due to lack of service. We should have been have been reimbursed by both Precision Air and ruud. Neither happened. beware: ruud does not stand by their product.

Date created: 2013-02-19 Name: J. Henderson
Location: Alamo,Tx.

"Owner"
Unit is RQPM-A024. In less than 2 years we lost the indoor fan motor and evaporator coil. The new coil that was installed was defective ( the metal plate that hold the coil to cabinet was loose on tubing. The coil can move causing the copper tubing to wear and leak. After trying to cotact Rudd with no reaponce we will be left with the cost to replace this when it leaks. Evaporator coils should never be made this way (junk from some other county). Our dealer has had no luck with Rudd.

Date created: 2013-01-11 Name: Rudy Barnes
Location: Rowland, NC

"Amazing life span"
My ranch style brick home was built in summer of 1982 with approximately 1700 square feet heated. An extra 280 feet added in 2006. It is still heated and cooled by the original Ruud 2.5 ton package heat pump. The only repairs have been thermostat, control relay, and condenser fan motor. Not bad for 30 years. Even though it is still working I will be replacing it with a new Ruud rqpm 14 seer unit in a few weeks. Can't say enough good things about Ruud.

Date created: 2012-11-14 Name: C. Nealy
Location: Florida

"Great system"
Electric bills cut in half on 8th year with no issues.

Date created: 2012-06-02 Name: Mark E.
Location: Pasadena, CA

"I've been Rheemed by Ruud!!!"
I was one of the idiots who got the 5 year warranty but it leaked on day one. Of course our brainiac installer bought a one way ticket to Costa Rica and we can't get any help from Ruud. $2,000+ later in service repairs and water damage caused by the rooftop package, it's safe to say this is the worst piece of crap we have ever invested in! Do yourself a favor and stay away from Ruud/Rheem!!