Consumer Reviews of Rheem heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about Rheem heat pumps

Date created: 2010-06-17 Name: Harrisburg

"Rheem is great"
I purchased a home with a Rheem 12 seer heat pump. This unit has operated flawlessly for this time period. The utility bills are very reasonable even after our 30% in utility costs. I would install this product again without a doubt.

Date created: 2010-06-09 Name: J. Simpson

"Rheem 4 ton, 10 seer, 17 years old"
17 years old and had our first problem with it. Never had it serviced, just kept coils clean ourselves. Great product.

Date created: 2010-05-24 Name: Debbie

"Two Rheem heat pump systems."
We had two Rheem heat pumps installed when our home was built 12 years ago. We had never experience any problems with them until this spring 2010. The unit for the upstairs will not cool. When it runs, it makes a very odd noise. We called the company that installed the units. First, it took two weeks for them to return call and they were supposed to have been here last week, so far no show. I think the problem with heat pumps is not the equipment, but instead the contractors that do the installation.

Date created: 2010-05-23 Name: Richard Lormand

"Never again"
We built a new house 6 years ago and starting the second year we have had leaks. I will never own another Rheem system because we have had nothing but one leak after another! We have spent soooooo much money already, and now we have another leak that will cost over $400.00 to fix! Whoever the company uses to make these units should be fired!!! They are worthless.

Date created: 2010-05-08 Name: P. Del Monte
Location: Central Florida

"Mr."
My Rheem is outstanding. It was still running.... but was stolen. This A/C system needed 1 dryer and 2 capacitors since it was installed. I live in central Florida so in its stay it had quite a work out. Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you for a long time.

Date created: 2010-03-27 Name: Artie

"DON'T BUY!!!!!!!!!!"
We had this unit put in by a contractor that gave me a great price on both the condensor and air handler. He changed the duct work around in my attic at my request and was very fast with the installation. The problems started almost immediately when something called a relief valve kept making a sound like a thumping in my wall. I called the contractor several times. He came out and looked at the unit several times unable to fix the problem. Finally, a small adjustment in freon level fixed the problem. 1 1/2 years later, the same noise started up again. He now charges for his service calls because it is not covered under warranty which adds up to a lot of money. My unit almost runs continuously now and my electric bill has been over $500 a month for the past two months! I will call the contractor again and expect the same bs line he always gives me while "fixing" my unit. I will never buy another Rheem product again and anyone reading this please tell your friends and neighbors that Rheem is a piece of ****. Do not waste your money on the metal pile of crap.

Date created: 2010-03-17 Name: Joe C. Liu

"Rheem SUCKS!"
I contacted Rheem's customer service and they are not willing to help at all with my problem. One of their distributors, Gensco, sold a Rheem system to a contractor, Haas Heating, who then installed the unit in my home. This is a contractor who was supposed to go through a class in order to install a Rheem mod 90 plus a heat pump. This unit was installed in May, 2009. To this date, I am still not able to get my system operating properly and the contractor has dropped off the face of the earth. I have called him numerous times and also have called Gensco and asked them to help me over four months ago and no one is willing to help. When I hired Haas Heating to install this Mod90 and heat pump in my house, he told me he was certified by Rheem and can install this system. It has never worked properly since he installed it. He then asked one of Rheem's sales rep to come and take a look. They got the unit working and hurried out of my house. The heat pump worked for 3 minutes then shut down again! I am very surprised that a company like Rheem would authorize/allow someone this inexperienced who cannot and does not know how to set up a system to have any contact with consumers! I have already paid over $12,000 to have this Rheem system installed and basically have a metal heap outside my house that does not do what it is suppose to do and Rheem just hides behind their big name. Completely unwilling to help their customer!!!!! DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT!

Date created: 2010-02-22 Name: Roger Longworth

"Piece of crap"
We had our house built 11 years ago and this has been our worst nightmare. I would not take another Rheem if they offered it for free. We have had freon added every year and countless number of parts replaced.

Date created: 2010-02-12 Name: Pamela Woods

"Lot32AEtownKY"
I have had an affordable heat & cooling contractor out to fix this 3 and one half year old heat pump twice and now I'm waiting on them to come back for the same problem. The outside unit runs off and on for the past several weeks. I have had to pay the contractor both times he came out without fixing the problem. This is supposed to still be under warranty but for whatever reason, the contractor refuses to order and replace my defective heat pump. There is no way a heat pump of this age should be giving its owners this type of problems. Thumbs down for the product and especially the contractor peddling and installing the product.

Date created: 2010-02-05 Name: S. Bush

"Rheem/Weatherking is Crap!"
I have lived in this house for less than three years. The house itself is less than five years old. The heat/air have never worked properly. I have had a total of seven service calls and they have all told me something different is wrong with it, but they all agree that Weatherking is crap! All I know it that it doesn't work but my electric bill is still $250 every month. I have contacted Rheem via email because there is no phone number for them listed anywhere that I have been able to find twice but I think they are BSing around until the warranty finally expires so they won't have to do anything about it. I am at my wits end!