Consumer Reviews of Rheem heat pumps

Read more about Rheem heat pumps

Date created: 2011-09-13 Name: Bob Trail
Location: Lake Como FL

"The most credible"
I am Robert Trail, after reading this collection of experiences I feel that there must be many happy folks who don't contribute (once you're all set, you aren't inclined to revisit this forum) so items like quality of service and number of major repairs are the most useful, but unless extreme, should be weighed. The most credible are installer contractors' comments and I wish there were more of them. It is apparent that installation is critical. I really like my 10 year old Rheem. Haven't needed the heat strips at all here in northern Florida.

Date created: 2011-08-30 Name: Mark Hettick
Location: Missoula Montana

"My Rheem Furnace/Heatpump/Ac Unit Is Junk"
Going on three years with my top of the line Rheem. They put it in and replaced in two weeks with a new one. Still want work and the salesman will not do anything about because Rheem will not help with all the labor he has in replace the first one. The heat pump and ac unit still don't work. Pay that much for a heat unit and its junk. Just put a new Armstrong in the house my company built and its works great. Think twice before buying Rheem product. The service from Rheem has been very unsatisfied.

Date created: 2011-08-20 Name: karen barton
Location: Australia

"My 3 years old Rheem heat pump has died"
My 3 years old Rheem heat pump has died, complete rebuild needed, cost of approximately $1,500, apparently due to too much calcium in the water. Why are we not told about how the quality of the water can affect the running of the system? Why is being environmentally friendly so expensive? I am not happy!!

Date created: 2011-06-12 Name: B Barnard
Location: Godfrey, IL

"Rheam heat pump"
My 27 year old heat pump had a leak, the little cap was tightened, charged, and now works fine.

Date created: 2011-06-02 Name: C. Herbert
Location: Rogers, Arkansas

"RHQA - 1620J (4 Tons of Expenses and little payoff)"
I bought this 4 Ton unit new, and now it is completely shot. It has leaked out all the coolant and now the inside air handler is covered black mold. I only used it only on temps above 35 degree, because did not heat well without the heat stips it temps where below 35 degrees. I only use it in the summer on hot days above 85 degrees. Thousands of dollars and now it is beyond repair. Not a long life for the original cost, I bought the seer 13, for added electrical savings. I am really saving on my electric now because all I have is a fan for 100 degree temp. Thanks, Rheem....

Date created: 2011-05-29 Name: B Barnard
Location: Godfrey, IL

"Rheem Heat Pump"
Mine is 27 years old and just last year and this year had a leak. Hopefully won't cost much to repair.

Date created: 2011-05-12 Name: J Latham
Location: Alabama

"Still running but for how much longer?"
The heatpump has given me problems over the years but is still working. Had to push the reset button the other day but after that, everything was fine. Had a Rheem repairman come out and basically said it was running fine but a slow leak of freon somewhere. He did say, I would need to replace it in the near future. I guess right now, I hold my breath and praise the Lord for all the good years(well a few problems too).

Date created: 2011-05-12 Location: L.A. CA

"Rheem EcoSense 40 Gal"
I have owned my Rheem EcoSense 40 Gal. 12 Year Hybrid Electric Water Heater for three and a hlaf years. I Love that i can have hot water whenever I want it and it was verry easy to install. there is nothing i disslike about it. never had to replace it in three and a half years. I would buy it again if i had to. Deffinatly recomend this to a friend or family member because its verry verry easy to install and hastle free.

Date created: 2011-04-20 Name: dave cooper
Location: Culpeper, Va.

"Unhappy in va."
Had new system put in less than 5 years ago. New gas furnace with heat pump, gas to be emergency heat. worked fine until this year and the compressor went out. Had 10 year warranty but labor not included. Installer wants $1200.00 dollars to replace. I think I could replace the unit for that. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER.

Date created: 2011-04-12 Name: M Green
Location: Comanche, Texas

"Bad air"
From Day one this unit gave us trouble.. When we switche the unit form heating to cooling we have to have it manually switched over and somettimes during the winter the outside unit would shut off all together and run the inside heat strips running my light bills up into $600-650.00 They have replaced three circut boards and two motors on the outside unit and two motors on the inside unit.. All together I have 16 repair oreders after 2 and 1/2 yrs of this unit being put in I will never buy this brand again or anything made from this company