Consumer Reviews of Rheem heat pumps

Read more about Rheem heat pumps

Date created: 2013-11-28 Name: Mrs wude
Location: washington dc

"Rheem Heat Pump"
When you purchase Rheem, price is reasonable but totally terrible. Heat pump I got installed 2 years ago and I have to request technician 11 times. Think twice to buy this product. It's totally bogus, I felt my money was totally wasted. Most of the time, I am on my emergency heat. My electric bill is sky rocket. My experience started from the first day and with Honeywell thermostat, both equipment are terrible. I am very disappointed, installed by Michael & Son!!!

Date created: 2013-10-07 Name: a c

"Piece of Junk"
Purchased new, I will have to pay for labor to replace. Used for 11 months and evaporator coil leaking. Buy a different brand.

Date created: 2013-08-19 Name: Terry Bachman
Location: North Richland Hills, TX

"Constant Leak Problems"
We had our heat pump replaced with a 14 seer Rheem heat pump in 2011. This spring during spring checkup, tech found no refrigerant and welded a line in the compressor unit. Cost us $350 for refrigerant. 30 days later, same problem and more welding on same line. The company ate the charges that time. 30 days later, same problem and company got Rheem to replace the entire unit. 60 days later, same problem on new unit and tech welded the line and refilled. Wondering how long this will last.

Date created: 2013-08-05 Name: L.Thomas
Location: Tn

"Really Nice"
This works year-round. The electric bill has gone down since we got a new one.

Date created: 2013-08-04 Name: N.Jones
Location: Og.

"Old Faithful"
My last unit was an '85, replaced it in '98. This does a nice job year around. This is more efficient. The four top contractors recommended Rheem.

Date created: 2013-07-02 Name: G.Ford
Location: Post Falls,ID

"Awesome"
Yep, this works great in the winter. And all brands have good and bad reviews. I'll give $10,000 to anyone that can show me one that doesn't. Got the package so it has A/C in the summer. Above 15 seer go with Trane, very nice unit. Have 2 houses, so we have different models in different states. Same brand.

Date created: 2013-05-28 Name: D. Snyder
Location: Sevierville, Tn.

"Builder Who Knows Systems"
I am a builder for the past 30 years and have installed a lot of heating systems. Recently, I have installed Rheem heat pump systems in 7 homes. These units are all garbage and continue to cost me money every year. No company response to issues, no labor costs covered. Don't waste your money on any Rheem product.

Date created: 2013-04-24 Name: c moore
Location: clermont, fl

"RHEEM SUCKS!"
I had a 2 year old unit of Rheem and it cost me $1100 to fix. Buyer BEWARE!!!!

Date created: 2013-04-18 Name: Moore
Location: Moneta, VA

"Garbage"
Our heat pump is 3 years old. I think we have replaced everything on it and now it has pin hole in the copper piping and we just paid $700.00 to have that fixed. We have spent more than enough. We will be replacing the heat pump with another brand. I would never recommend anyone buy a Rheem..... "Garbage"

Date created: 2013-01-25 Name: J. Hays
Location: Benson, AZ

"Garbage"
Unit was 5 years and 6 months old when Compressor went out. Rheem replaced the part under warranty. At the same time the condenser fan motor went out. a month later the indoor unit blower motor went out. And now 30 days after the blower motor went out, the blower fan is off balance and vibrating and needs to be replaced. In the last 2 months I could have replaced both indoor and outdoor units for the price I have in repairs. Garbage in, garbage out. Rheem is a huge disappointment. Will never request Rheem products again.