Consumer Reviews of Rheem heat pumps

Read more about Rheem heat pumps

Date created: 2013-07-02 Name: G.Ford
Location: Post Falls,ID

"Awesome"
Yep, this works great in the winter. And all brands have good and bad reviews. I'll give $10,000 to anyone that can show me one that doesn't. Got the package so it has A/C in the summer. Above 15 seer go with Trane, very nice unit. Have 2 houses, so we have different models in different states. Same brand.

Date created: 2013-05-28 Name: D. Snyder
Location: Sevierville, Tn.

"Builder Who Knows Systems"
I am a builder for the past 30 years and have installed a lot of heating systems. Recently, I have installed Rheem heat pump systems in 7 homes. These units are all garbage and continue to cost me money every year. No company response to issues, no labor costs covered. Don't waste your money on any Rheem product.

Date created: 2013-04-24 Name: c moore
Location: clermont, fl

"RHEEM SUCKS!"
I had a 2 year old unit of Rheem and it cost me $1100 to fix. Buyer BEWARE!!!!

Date created: 2013-04-18 Name: Moore
Location: Moneta, VA

"Garbage"
Our heat pump is 3 years old. I think we have replaced everything on it and now it has pin hole in the copper piping and we just paid $700.00 to have that fixed. We have spent more than enough. We will be replacing the heat pump with another brand. I would never recommend anyone buy a Rheem..... "Garbage"

Date created: 2013-01-25 Name: J. Hays
Location: Benson, AZ

"Garbage"
Unit was 5 years and 6 months old when Compressor went out. Rheem replaced the part under warranty. At the same time the condenser fan motor went out. a month later the indoor unit blower motor went out. And now 30 days after the blower motor went out, the blower fan is off balance and vibrating and needs to be replaced. In the last 2 months I could have replaced both indoor and outdoor units for the price I have in repairs. Garbage in, garbage out. Rheem is a huge disappointment. Will never request Rheem products again.

Date created: 2013-01-23 Name: Joe Mahoney
Location: Brooksville, Florida

"Rheem Heat Pump"
This heat pump has been in operation year round for 13 years. The only repairs needed were due to bugs in the contactors. I've replaced all but the first one by myself because I watched the contractor replace the first one and it looked very easy and it has been. I will purchase another Rheem Heat Pump and I'm considering buying a Rheem Hot Water Heater. I reccomend their units with complete confidence. Buy a Rheem...You won't be sorry.

Date created: 2013-01-17 Name: Mike MATLOCK
Location: Tucson AZ

"3.5 ton heat pump"
The 1st day tucson applance/tuc heating and cooling in tucson installed it the condensor fan didnt work. They replaced that and now this unit cools great. No complaints. But trying to get heat is a whole other ball game. It will not heat! One technician blames the other for improper wiring, etc. It may throw out some good heat for 5 or 10 mins. Then it blows cold. Will run all day and night with a luke warm temperature. If it's on there should be some heat produced! I purchaced this unit in 2008. The company I purchaced this unit from seems to be under staffed so now we play waiting games. Thank god we have a fireplace, so we're not totally cold in our house! Seriousiy thinking of going to a gas pack. Will never buy a rheem heat pump again.

Date created: 2012-10-05 Name: C Evans
Location: Raytown Mo.

"HVAC contractor"
I have been installing Rheem and York units for 28 years and have had almost no problems with either. I repair and have installed all brands. These two are the most reliable. The problem is with a lot of contractors will install a name brand unit with a aftermarket coil, much cheaper and not as good.they also don't all use nitrogen when welding the units up that starts the unit off with contamination already in the system.and some contractors don't bother pulling a vacume on the system to get the moisture out. I have less than 1 leak per 500 installs.also most of the complaint are with the newer r410a units that run at twice the preasure and blow the neoprene o ring in the a coil Rheem does not have this problem because their valves are welded in.Rheem is number 24 out of about 60 brands on this list and if you read the reviews of those better than 24 usually it is because it is a brand you have never heard of that 1 person wrote a review that gave it a 100% satisfaction rating.rheem is above carrier rated 25 lennox rated 45 and trane rated #30

Date created: 2012-08-11 Name: kenneyV.
Location: Tempe, AZ.

"So far so good"
Had my heatpump for over 15 years now and runs good have had problems with the capacitors for the fan and compressor failing but in arizona heat that's almost to be expected. Got new capacitors changed them both myself. This is something that should be done every few years because of the heat. Also changed the contractor at the same time because it also does not last for ever. A person can save big bucks doing this themselves, just have to remember to remove the power first. I get a check up in early spring and has held a charge since day one. it's getting up there in age and will replace it with a more efficient unit when I get the money. Not sure I'll go with a Rheem again but with the success I've had with this unit I just might. Sorry to read about so many people having problems with their systems, maybe they should find a new service person.

Date created: 2012-07-30 Name: sd NC
Location: North Carolina

"Rheem"
We replaced our old ac heat pump with a new Rheem installed 4 years ago- It has quit working 5 times in the 4 years. Today we had the capacitor replaced. Our old unit worked 20 years and only started giving us trouble after it worked 19 years! (Not a Rheem). When this rheem unit is replaced, it will not be with another rheem! I wouldn't have another Rheem if it were free. Costs too much to keep fixing it.