Consumer Reviews of Payne heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Payne heat pumps

Date created: 2008-04-06 Name: Jack Donohew
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland

The home warranty company purchased a Payne unit when my previous heat pump stopped working and could not be repaired. They bought the cheapest heat pump on the market. Since installation, the the outside fan/coil unit, the inside air handler, the inside coils, and the outside defroster have had to be replaced. Each year is something else. And the electric bills keeps going up especially in this last year.

Date created: 2008-03-06 Name: Peter Carriere
Location: Massachusetts

I have read the comments from people who were not satisfied with there heat pumps. It appears to me that it's not the equipment that failed it is the work of the technicians that installed them. In all fairness to Payne I post this as an experienced contractor.
Date created: 2008-01-24 Name: J Henderson
Location: TR, SC

We've had our heat pump for 4 years and 3 months and it has been broken 6 times as of today!
Date created: 2007-05-15 Name: R. Musick
Location: Whitesburg, GA.

Replaced a Lennox unit with a Payne. Two weeks into service compressor froze up. Waiting on compressor. 90 Degrees in house. This is after all freon leaked out after installation.
Date created: 2007-01-02 Name: Stephanie Fulmer
Location: Pilot Point, Texas

Frosted up in 51 degree weather. Runs constantly and is making funny noised. Defroster is bad and low on freon. Second service in less than 4 month. Hate it and hate the company that installed it - A/C Clinic. They have 52 excuses why it does these weird things and a profeesional that has serviced every other brand I have owned says I have huge problems and is coming to work on it since the installers and my builder cannot get it right. Probably buying a new unit. Yay. Cannot BELIEVE the cost of my utility bills with this new unit - my installers act like I have lived under a rock for 40 years and never had a home this size much less a heat pump.....