Consumer Reviews of Payne heat pumps

Read more about Payne heat pumps

Date created: 2009-02-22 Name: S. Riley
Location: Woodland, Alabama

"Payne heatpump"
Installed my own heatpump in my new house I am HVAC service tech. I have had nothing but good service from my unit. Normally if a system is sized properly and installed properly regardless the brand the unit should give years of satisfactory service. Dont blame equipment for shoddy workmanship

Date created: 2009-02-14 Name: Tom
Location: Asheville, NC

"Owner"
Our new payne heat pump seems to be fine would like to find other new owners. I want to know about $300.00 dollar rebate ethir by payne or gov. tax rebat I heard about for going with our new system , model ph14nao48- a outdoor unit and a pf41anao49 outside unit

Date created: 2009-01-14 Name: James Nielsen
Location: Seven Lakes, NC

"Bad Unit"
Very poor design on this Payne heat pump. I have had this unit repaired three times due to poor wiring location in the unit. The first time a wire shorted to the freon line and lost all the charge. The last time a wire burned open and the compressor would not come on. This cost me almost $500.00 for heat since the electric heaters came on when the thermostat called for heat. These problems could have been avoided if the wiring was routed correctly.

Date created: 2009-01-01 Name: Arra Jones

"Payne Heat Pump"
New. Heating bills have tripled....has not worked right since purchased.

Date created: 2008-12-18 Name: Linda Alexander
Location: Hot Springs, AR

"Payne should be spelled PAIN"
I bought this unit in 2001. It has leaked freon since day one. It was supposed to be cheaper to run. My electricity bill was $600 the first month. Found out it was not wired correctly. I had it serviced about on average every other month. When the warranty expired I called another company. When I told them what kind it was they offered their condolences. Two nights ago it started smoking. We are not sure where it was smoldering from. The fire department thinks it is the coil. The coil looks okay so I am not sure where it was smoking from. Would never recommend this brand or the company that ripped me off to anyone.

Date created: 2008-09-09 Name: John Watson
Location: KY

"Terrible unit Payne"
Unit went out just after the one year. Of course they will not pay to have it replaced just for the part. Something needs to be done about an industry that only warrants a part for one year. Not Recommended Payne or Carrier, both junk !

Date created: 2008-08-26 Name: Gene G
Location: Langhorne, PA

"Pyne H/P"
I have owned my heat pump for 8 yrs the only problem I had was with the defrost solenoid switch to witch I changed myself. It is a very simple unit to fix. Shop online to find parts and save hundreds of $$$$$

Date created: 2008-08-17 Name: Aryy
Location: Columbus, Ohio

"PAYNE HEAT PUMPS GETTING BAD RAP!"
I have had a Payne heat pump with a gas furnace for over 9 years with only issue this weekend. The pan went out on the heat pump. My heat pump performs stellar in the winter down to 30 degrees then I switch to 90% gas furnace. These units are made by Carrier / Bryant they are getting a bad rap they are just as good as any other one out there. The problem is installers not caring about what they are doing, make sure you get a Nate certified tech or donít do business with the company period.

Date created: 2008-07-05 Name: Mike Stewart
Location: PA

"Mike & Willa - Payne Owner"
I installed a Payne Heat Pump a few years back - running next to a oil hot air furnace - the heat pump cools in the summer and heats in the winter (no electric heat - just air transfer) - this unit runs fine. I am very anal when I braze and evacuate - sounds to me like your issues are with the installation contractor not the product. I run a duel-fuel system - also have a oil fired hot water system for domestic hot water. I use one tank of oil a year - not bad! I'm getting ready to install a 2.5 ton Payne heat pump for another person - Just think if everyone went this route - I've had the rest - buy one of the best!

Date created: 2008-06-04 Name: M. Morgan
Location: North Carolina

"The Worst I've ever Had!!"
Unit is only 3-years old and the fan/coil unit went bad on a hot summer day. Cost to replace the unit, $787.34, I bought a new Goodman for $922.18.