Consumer Reviews of Payne heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Payne heat pumps

Date created: 2009-08-25 Name: s Bryant

"15 S.E.E.R. Payne Owner"
Sorry to hear the bad reviews, I had my Payne unit installed and have been totally satisfied , my electric bill dropped 25% from that old Trane I used to have and with the new refrigerant "puron'' I feel much more comfortable and the difference in noise level is so much sometimes I can't tell if it's even running . I even recieved a certificate for a tax credit this year Maybe it's in the installation , all I can say is Carrier Corp. has done a good job with Payne

Date created: 2009-08-10 Name: T. Smith

"15 visits later and all parts replaced"
Ok 15 visits from my repairman.... every part except the shell replaced (including the condensor).... Then .. I started replacing the parts I replaced 1 year ago.... its a payne (pain)... Just like the name says. I own 2 heat pumps.. the rheem I own has only had 1 problem... the run cap is out.. so.. in my opinion payne is not the brand to buy. stay away from payne heat pumps!!!!!! Honestly.. it will make you regret it later down the road.
Date created: 2009-03-13 Name: T. Smith
Location: Georgetown, KY

"Payne strikes again"
The time has come! Again... and again.. I have had the repair people over 11 times for my Payne heat pump. Finally the last part that could go bad has... my compressor went out. so, after every part has been replaced (and I mean every single part), and 1300.00 in labor (not covered under warranty), it is finished. so my Payne unit has cost me double what I paid for it. Also the extra 600.00 in electric bills because the compressor did a type of slow burn until it finally tripped the breaker. one postive note... heh.. they did cover the parts under warranty =/
Date created: 2009-02-22 Name: S. Riley
Location: Woodland, Alabama

"Payne heatpump"
Installed my own heatpump in my new house I am HVAC service tech. I have had nothing but good service from my unit. Normally if a system is sized properly and installed properly regardless the brand the unit should give years of satisfactory service. Dont blame equipment for shoddy workmanship
Date created: 2009-02-14 Name: Tom
Location: Asheville, NC

"Owner"
Our new payne heat pump seems to be fine would like to find other new owners. I want to know about $300.00 dollar rebate ethir by payne or gov. tax rebat I heard about for going with our new system , model ph14nao48- a outdoor unit and a pf41anao49 outside unit
Date created: 2009-01-14 Name: James Nielsen
Location: Seven Lakes, NC

"Bad Unit"
Very poor design on this Payne heat pump. I have had this unit repaired three times due to poor wiring location in the unit. The first time a wire shorted to the freon line and lost all the charge. The last time a wire burned open and the compressor would not come on. This cost me almost $500.00 for heat since the electric heaters came on when the thermostat called for heat. These problems could have been avoided if the wiring was routed correctly.
Date created: 2009-01-01 Name: Arra Jones

"Payne Heat Pump"
New. Heating bills have tripled....has not worked right since purchased.
Date created: 2008-12-18 Name: Linda Alexander
Location: Hot Springs, AR

"Payne should be spelled PAIN"
I bought this unit in 2001. It has leaked freon since day one. It was supposed to be cheaper to run. My electricity bill was $600 the first month. Found out it was not wired correctly. I had it serviced about on average every other month. When the warranty expired I called another company. When I told them what kind it was they offered their condolences. Two nights ago it started smoking. We are not sure where it was smoldering from. The fire department thinks it is the coil. The coil looks okay so I am not sure where it was smoking from. Would never recommend this brand or the company that ripped me off to anyone.
Date created: 2008-09-09 Name: John Watson
Location: KY

"Terrible unit Payne"
Unit went out just after the one year. Of course they will not pay to have it replaced just for the part. Something needs to be done about an industry that only warrants a part for one year. Not Recommended Payne or Carrier, both junk !
Date created: 2008-08-26 Name: Gene G
Location: Langhorne, PA

"Pyne H/P"
I have owned my heat pump for 8 yrs the only problem I had was with the defrost solenoid switch to witch I changed myself. It is a very simple unit to fix. Shop online to find parts and save hundreds of $$$$$