Consumer Reviews of Payne heat pumps

Read more about Payne heat pumps

Date created: 2011-02-07 Name: Frank H. Vadakin
Location: Bell. fl.

"A real pain!!!"
We had a Payne package unit installed on our rental unit5/4/09 it worked very well until up to two weeks ago, we called the dealer we purchased it from in Lake City Fl.they sent a man out and after about an hour he informed me that it needs a module of some kind,he told me they don't stock that part.It has been almost 2 weeks and still no repair has been made,my tennants are not happy with me or the a/c dealer. I am a retired auto tech and I can tell you if I tied your car up for two weeks it would be H--- to pay. I'll never buy another of this product or deal with this dealer again. Sugguest anyone else follow suit

Date created: 2011-01-31 Name: Chuck

"3 ton gas pack"
6 years old, blower fan been replaced 4 times, 2 contorl boards and some kind of heat sensor. Pure CRAP!!!! kFinally called payne and they full of crap too!!!! I would suggest payne to Saadam Hussein.

Date created: 2011-01-31 Name: Jim Scott
Location: Sacramento, CA

"Over 30 Years = Works Great!"
My home came with a Payne heat pump. The home was built in 1979. The unit is still functioning perfectly. In the past 25 years, the heat pump has had two tuneups. It's quiet, efficient, and resists rust. Although the SEER rating is around 6, our monthly bill for our all-electric home of 2200 sq ft is a year-round average of $150. Not bad, considering 7 people use the home. Thanks a lot, Payne!

Date created: 2011-01-24 Name: michael
Location: va

"Equipment isnt allways the problem"
Payne is def one of your cheaper units but no matter what u buy they all have some type of know issues.most of the time if its installed and maintained right u wont have much go wrong with them.ive been doin heating and air for 11yrs and installed and serviced all brands including payne as a low budget job out of all the ones ive installed never had more than a cust instruct to change filter done to them just had a lady who called i installed a new 15seer payne last year her bill last jan was $480 this jan with the new unit was only $180

Date created: 2011-01-19 Name: robert s. wilson
Location: madison n.c.

"Heat pump too noisy"
Heat pump is very noisy when running!!! wish i had read these reviews first! would never have purchased it!!!

Date created: 2010-12-11 Name: Ritch
Location: Indianapolis

"Loud noise from Payne heat pump"
Brand New Payne Heat Pump installed and it's defrost mode is so loud that we can't sleep. Payne refuses to fix it, despite the numerous complaints found on the internet. They claim it's normal and if you don't like then spend another $225.00 to put in a different circut board. I'm looking into filing a class action suite against them.

Date created: 2010-12-05 Name: paul

"AC HEAT"
LIKE THE HEAT PUMP --DONT LIKE THE NAME//PAYNE//SOUNDS LIKE IT IS GOING TO BE A PAYNE IN -YOU KNOW WHAT WISH THEY WOULD CHANGE THE NAME OF IT

Date created: 2010-10-20 Name: R. Favata
Location: Cocoa, FL

"Mr. & Mrs Robert Favata"
We purchased a new heat pump 18 Mo. ago. During our 6 Mo. checkup they found a large leak in the coil.The installer is replacing the coil today.We don't have to pay for the coil, but we do have to pay for the installation and the collant that leaked out. We feel after paying 3,500.00 dollars only 18 mo. ago we should not have to pay anything. We feel we should be reembersed. for these coasts. We would like your feed back on this matter. Thank You The Favat's

Date created: 2010-09-21 Name: C T
Location: Jacksonville, FL

"Package unit heat pump"
The new Payne package units are quite impressive. I install for a living (10+ years). The reason I like them is they have a tin-plated coil and in Florida that can help coil leak problems. They also are engineered to be serviced and troubleshot...every major component is accessible through one panel that you can remove without interfering with system function. This is a big advantage that few other models have. They also use Copeland scroll compressors which are the top standard.

Date created: 2010-09-16 Name: A. Aguayo
Location: Warner Robins, GA

"4 years of good service"
We have 3 Payne 2006 model heatpumps. They all cool and heat great. The temperature manages to stay within 1-2 degrees year round. In the summer the humidity stays under 50%. We once had a leak in the evaporator of the 3 ton unit; it was covered under warranty. Later on the 2 ton unit began blowing out thermostat fuses, we had someone repair the fualty wiring. Laer down the road,someone steped on the liguid line and the unit developed a leak at a bolt type connection. The connection hadn't been tightend like it should during installation. After having those problem fixed the heatpumps work great again. They get the coils cleaned every 6 months, the blower every year and the filter are replaced as neccessary since they cost about $9 a piece.