Consumer Reviews of Payne heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Payne heat pumps

Date created: 2011-03-21 Name: W. Talburt
Location: Dallas,Texas

"Very good quailty unit! 15seer."
Installed this unit with friend one year ago, replacing a 9 seer janatrol heat pump. This unit works really well cut bills in half! I readed some negative post here on this site and will say, your unit will only work as good as your A/C Techs expertise. Thanks great product Payne!

Date created: 2011-03-14 Name: h k
Location: Labelle PA

"Runs and runs and runs andruns"
Unit is 13 months old. The unit runs 20 minutes shuts of for 5 minutes. Runs another 20 minutes shuts off for 5. Runs for 5 shuts off for 3 then starts all over again. Air is warm at beginning of cycle but then blows cold air. Two service calls and they tell me their is nothing wrong with it. Only home on weekends. Only thing running by electric is fridge, one lamp for a few hours(on a timer) and the furnace. The average electric bill for 2 months was $150 each. Sounds like the furnace/heat pump yo me.
Date created: 2011-02-11 Name: Cliff

"A waste of money"
We had a Payne put in and have had problems every since. Freeon leaking,aux heat comes on. And now we are having a very cool winter and now it is blowing cold air instead of hot air. The outside unit is totally frozen over. The unit is only 4 years old. So my husband and I are telling everyone not to ever buy a Payne. Like another dissatisifed customer said that it is a Royal Pain.
Date created: 2011-02-07 Name: Frank H. Vadakin
Location: Bell. fl.

"A real pain!!!"
We had a Payne package unit installed on our rental unit5/4/09 it worked very well until up to two weeks ago, we called the dealer we purchased it from in Lake City Fl.they sent a man out and after about an hour he informed me that it needs a module of some kind,he told me they don't stock that part.It has been almost 2 weeks and still no repair has been made,my tennants are not happy with me or the a/c dealer. I am a retired auto tech and I can tell you if I tied your car up for two weeks it would be H--- to pay. I'll never buy another of this product or deal with this dealer again. Sugguest anyone else follow suit
Date created: 2011-01-31 Name: Chuck

"3 ton gas pack"
6 years old, blower fan been replaced 4 times, 2 contorl boards and some kind of heat sensor. Pure CRAP!!!! kFinally called payne and they full of crap too!!!! I would suggest payne to Saadam Hussein.
Date created: 2011-01-31 Name: Jim Scott
Location: Sacramento, CA

"Over 30 Years = Works Great!"
My home came with a Payne heat pump. The home was built in 1979. The unit is still functioning perfectly. In the past 25 years, the heat pump has had two tuneups. It's quiet, efficient, and resists rust. Although the SEER rating is around 6, our monthly bill for our all-electric home of 2200 sq ft is a year-round average of $150. Not bad, considering 7 people use the home. Thanks a lot, Payne!
Date created: 2011-01-24 Name: michael
Location: va

"Equipment isnt allways the problem"
Payne is def one of your cheaper units but no matter what u buy they all have some type of know issues.most of the time if its installed and maintained right u wont have much go wrong with them.ive been doin heating and air for 11yrs and installed and serviced all brands including payne as a low budget job out of all the ones ive installed never had more than a cust instruct to change filter done to them just had a lady who called i installed a new 15seer payne last year her bill last jan was $480 this jan with the new unit was only $180
Date created: 2011-01-19 Name: robert s. wilson
Location: madison n.c.

"Heat pump too noisy"
Heat pump is very noisy when running!!! wish i had read these reviews first! would never have purchased it!!!
Date created: 2010-12-11 Name: Ritch
Location: Indianapolis

"Loud noise from Payne heat pump"
Brand New Payne Heat Pump installed and it's defrost mode is so loud that we can't sleep. Payne refuses to fix it, despite the numerous complaints found on the internet. They claim it's normal and if you don't like then spend another $225.00 to put in a different circut board. I'm looking into filing a class action suite against them.
Date created: 2010-12-05 Name: paul

"AC HEAT"
LIKE THE HEAT PUMP --DONT LIKE THE NAME//PAYNE//SOUNDS LIKE IT IS GOING TO BE A PAYNE IN -YOU KNOW WHAT WISH THEY WOULD CHANGE THE NAME OF IT