Consumer Reviews of NORDYNE heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about NORDYNE heat pumps

Date created: 2014-01-15 Name: D. Bachmann
Location: Elgin, SC

"Nordyne Heat pump FT3BC 042K / Heat Pack FG6RC 080C-16B"
We have a Nordyne Split System. The outdoor heat pump is a ft3bc042k and the Heat Pack is a fg6rc 080c-16b. We have a service contract with a nationwide company - ars - and they come out twice a year to service the unit. Every year something is broken. This system is supposed to have a 10 year warranty, but nothing is ever under warranty. It cost a fortune to repair. And after spending all the money, we still are left without heat every winter. In 2013 the heat pack stopped working and we don't want to dump any more money into the stupid thing. Finally broke down to have the system looked at again and both units are out - heat pump and heat pack. No heat at all and the weather is in the teens. This time it needs a condenser, fan, new mother board for the heat pack. Repair tech leaves at almost 9PM and we go in to turn on the heat and - of course - doesn't work! Don't buy Nordyne. You'll regret it.

Date created: 2013-06-28 Name: S. Graden
Location: Jacksonville, Florida

"Being Robbed Blind!"
We replaced both inside and outside unit (model number B4VMX60KC) back in 2009 at a cost of over $10K and have spent $7K in repairs since! An AC Clinic of Jacksonville, Florida did the job and went out of business without giving us anything more than a receipt. So we didn't even get kissed first!

Date created: 2013-02-21 Name: SARGE
Location: Virginia

"P.O.S."
I have been installing hvac units for over 25 years, these units are the worst that I have ever seen. I always recommend to the customer that they should go with what mobile home unit before I would a Nordyne. All manufacturers will pre charge their units with refrigerant to fill and run the system. Nordyne only puts enough refrigerant to barely pressure test the unit, then the tech has to add numerous lbs. of refrigerant to the system. the years the blower will take a beating and burn it up. refrigerant. Additionally, they have indoor. Units. That they send to supposedly match the outdoors unit another proper air force from the blower needed to supply the house. Well 94% of the time units don't match up and they over size the unit. Which causes the tech to set the blower at a lower setting. Which in turn over.

Date created: 2012-11-26 Name: Sandra Lawrence Davis
Location: Killen, AL

"Frigidaire"
The 12 seer HE Split System I purchased is a total piece of junk! It has cost me around $2000 in freon and freight cost for warranty replacement parts. I will be replacing this unit as soon as I can afford to. It had problems within the first 2 years of installation. I would not recommend this unit anyone.

Date created: 2012-09-06 Name: David Carroll
Location: Lincolnton, NC

"Bad product and bad company"
I purchased two units for my home on August 3, 2010 and have had to replace the thermostat in one and now am told the coils are leaking in the other. If you search "Nordyne coil problems" you will find a lot of other customers and installers who are having the same problem and it's so much so that Nordyne has redesigned the part. Unfortunately you are still going to be out the $500 plus it costs to install the new part and replace the refrigerant. Run, don't walk away from this company and any installer that tries to talk you into one.