Consumer Reviews of NORDYNE heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about NORDYNE heat pumps

Date created: 2018-06-29 Name: ron e fleeman

"Pure junk do not buy."
I purchased a air temp 2 ton unit, right away it started freezing up not working, the contractor tried to say my filter was the problem but I change it every month, when he couldn't blame it on the filter he would use some other excuse, I have had it 2 and a half years and the contractor has been here multiple times. They push their warranty 1 year labor and 10 year parts which sounds good. But every time they come out after that year it will cost you anywhere from 300 to 600 dollars service call. The contractor just replaced the compressor 1 month ago and it froze up again. He came out said the compressor was bad again. So he charged me 400 dollars to replace the compressor that was under warranty now he wants another 400 dollars to replace the one he just replaced. He says it is not his fault the other compressor was bad. Please do your homework and read reviews and talk to reputable HVAC companies about air temp. And do not use a contractor that does all kinds of work. Only use a certified HVAC dealer. Another problem I had was the contractor did construction work too and the last time the compressor went out he said it would be 2 weeks before he could get to it because he was so busy and the temps on some of those days was in the 90'S. I can't express enough that fact do not use a contractor that does construction and HVAC work. I am having this piece of crap removed and replaced.

Date created: 2018-02-14 Name: margaret brenneman
Location: Pennsylvania

"Terrible noise"
The outside part makes so much noise my neighbors are complaining, it does not do this unless it is below 32 degrees. Had a blanket installed, did not help. Never ever will by another. As soon as I save enough money it is going to the scrap yard.
Date created: 2018-01-11 Name: Donna Potter

"JUNK"
We built had a new modular home built in 2014 by Clayton Homes. They installed the Norydne 4 ton heat pump in September 2014 once the house was sent. On January 4th 2018 we started having problems. Call a technician and found out the coil was busted. Had to replace. With a span of less than 4 years this product is not worth the cost. Was only given a one year parts warrant Piece of junk
Date created: 2017-12-24 Name: Trish Bell
Location: Kentucky

"Piece of junk"
We replaced a 17 year old unit (different brand) with this piece of crap 6 years ago. This company must know the average length of their units because 1 year after the warranty expires we get to replace the unit. Even better 4 days before Christmas. Will never own another Nordyne product! Save your money and but another brand!
Date created: 2017-12-14 Name: Jerry Benning
Location: Flowery Branch, GA

"Terrible unit"
I wish I had never purchased this piece of crap. The service man lives at my house because as soon an he gets it operating another thing happens and he has to reset it. This is not what anyone wants. They need to stand behind their product and replace it if they put a 10 year warranty on it. A real piece of crap. My unit is a model ft4bf-024ka and b4vm-x24k-b
Date created: 2017-08-01 Name: t. fortson
Location: Elberton, GA

"Heat pump"
Heat pump installed 2010. had trouble every year. Either heat or air conditioning. Had to put Freon in twice I know because of coils rubbing together. This last time it was going to cost to much for me to get fixed and still have a unit that would still give me trouble. I even wrote the Nordyne company to let them know how much trouble I was having. They did nothing!!!!!! I just got a new unit, but not Nordyne
Date created: 2017-05-14 Name: Edwin

"Grate"
It looks like a lot of people are hiring unqualified technicians to do installations. I have used them for 20 years, never any major issues. The equipment is not going to perform when it is not installed correctly and by the way Nordyne make a whole lot of part for all kindles of brands. Chances are you using Nordyne and you don't even know it, so now what your talking about before your bad mouth equipment's you know nothing about flow right plumbing heating inc.
Date created: 2017-02-02 Name: Anita Fordham
Location: Clarksville, TN

"Worse unit I've ever owned"
Bought this unit after last unit of 30 years went out have had this unit 5 years and every winter it acts up! This time heat exchanger went out so I've been without heat for 45 day because they say they can't get part. When I call all I get is run around. Explain how the temperature outside or 13 the highest has it been in the 30's and I still have no heat. So it's not just the unit sucks so does there customer service.
Date created: 2017-01-19 Name: B. Nye
Location: Columbus, OH

"Always something broken"
We purchased our house 3 years ago and the unit was 5 years old at the time. We have had nothing but problems with the heat pump. We have replaced a fan motor, capacitor, temp sensor, and now both valves are leaking. The unit is 8 years old and Nordyne will not take care of any of the issues under warranty, due to us not being the original purchaser. I have elected to go with a new system from another manufacturer. I would not purchase anything from this company. They will not back their product.
Date created: 2017-01-11 Name: C.B.
Location: Maryland

"Freezing and Broke!"
I have no experience with heat pumps. I bought a condo and had a new heat pump installed, this is what the company recommended. Paid almost $10,000 for it. I live alone in a small 2 bedroom condo, 1200 sq ft. The summer went okay with the ac, average electric bill was $110. Now winter came. My bill is $350 and my thermostat is at 70 and I'm freezing cold. $350!?