Consumer Reviews of NORDYNE heat pumps

Read more about NORDYNE heat pumps

Date created: 2016-09-04 Name: Larry
Location: Southeastern Washington state

"16 years and still going."
This little unit was installed in 2000. I live in the Columbia basin where summers are long, hot and dusty. They called it a split system heat pump, but the heat pump part isnt used, as we heat our house with wood. We start using it in April, and don't shut it off until September. It's never given me an ounce of trouble, a few years back the fill valve went bad, but that's it. Would I buy another one? Not sure. If the company's standards have gone down since 2000 I'd rather look around, but my experience with them 16 years ago was positive.

Date created: 2015-07-22 Name: Brad
Location: Norfolk, VA

"Love my Airtemp heat pump"
I am extremely happy with my Airtemp heat pump. This is the best decision I have made. So happy my contractor recommended it.

Date created: 2015-04-10 Name: Judy Weber
Location: Panama City Beach, FL

"Fire in unit"
Heat pump was installed in October, 2012. There was a fire in the unit in September, 2013. Wires were replaced, the compressor was replaced and I believe the capacitor, also. I wanted a new unit, bur Nordyne refused. I was without air in Florida for over a week. April 2015, there was another fire in the unit. Can't get Nordyne to call me. Do not buy one of their products! I feel sorry for the customer service reps who have to take the calls and lie to people. They catch a lot of crap.

Date created: 2015-02-07 Name: Sharon McGaha
Location: United States

"Lousy product"
Weatherization stole my heater and replaced my ac with this stupid heat pump. Now my electric bill is through the roof and I am freezing to death in my home.

Date created: 2014-10-13 Name: B. Kelley
Location: Clarksville, TN

"Nowhere near as bad as people say"
These condensers are not nearly as bad as these reviews make them seem. We have been selling these for 4 years, and yes, we do have some problems, as you will with any unit. We do not have the problems these reviews make it seem.

Date created: 2014-01-15 Name: D. Bachmann
Location: Elgin, SC

"Nordyne Heat pump FT3BC 042K / Heat Pack FG6RC 080C-16B"
We have a Nordyne Split System. The outdoor heat pump is a ft3bc042k and the Heat Pack is a fg6rc 080c-16b. We have a service contract with a nationwide company - ars - and they come out twice a year to service the unit. Every year something is broken. This system is supposed to have a 10 year warranty, but nothing is ever under warranty. It cost a fortune to repair. And after spending all the money, we still are left without heat every winter. In 2013 the heat pack stopped working and we don't want to dump any more money into the stupid thing. Finally broke down to have the system looked at again and both units are out - heat pump and heat pack. No heat at all and the weather is in the teens. This time it needs a condenser, fan, new mother board for the heat pack. Repair tech leaves at almost 9PM and we go in to turn on the heat and - of course - doesn't work! Don't buy Nordyne. You'll regret it.

Date created: 2013-06-28 Name: S. Graden
Location: Jacksonville, Florida

"Being Robbed Blind!"
We replaced both inside and outside unit (model number B4VMX60KC) back in 2009 at a cost of over $10K and have spent $7K in repairs since! An AC Clinic of Jacksonville, Florida did the job and went out of business without giving us anything more than a receipt. So we didn't even get kissed first!

Date created: 2013-02-21 Name: SARGE
Location: Virginia

"P.O.S."
I have been installing hvac units for over 25 years, these units are the worst that I have ever seen. I always recommend to the customer that they should go with what mobile home unit before I would a Nordyne. All manufacturers will pre charge their units with refrigerant to fill and run the system. Nordyne only puts enough refrigerant to barely pressure test the unit, then the tech has to add numerous lbs. of refrigerant to the system. the years the blower will take a beating and burn it up. refrigerant. Additionally, they have indoor. Units. That they send to supposedly match the outdoors unit another proper air force from the blower needed to supply the house. Well 94% of the time units don't match up and they over size the unit. Which causes the tech to set the blower at a lower setting. Which in turn over.

Date created: 2012-11-26 Name: Sandra Lawrence Davis
Location: Killen, AL

"Frigidaire"
The 12 seer HE Split System I purchased is a total piece of junk! It has cost me around $2000 in freon and freight cost for warranty replacement parts. I will be replacing this unit as soon as I can afford to. It had problems within the first 2 years of installation. I would not recommend this unit anyone.

Date created: 2012-09-06 Name: David Carroll
Location: Lincolnton, NC

"Bad product and bad company"
I purchased two units for my home on August 3, 2010 and have had to replace the thermostat in one and now am told the coils are leaking in the other. If you search "Nordyne coil problems" you will find a lot of other customers and installers who are having the same problem and it's so much so that Nordyne has redesigned the part. Unfortunately you are still going to be out the $500 plus it costs to install the new part and replace the refrigerant. Run, don't walk away from this company and any installer that tries to talk you into one.