Consumer Reviews of NORDYNE heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about NORDYNE heat pumps

Date created: 2017-05-14 Name: Edwin
Location: Virginia

"Grate"
It looks like a lot of people are hiring unqualified technicians to do installations. I have used them for 20 years, never any major issues. The equipment is not going to perform when it is not installed correctly and by the way Nordyne make a whole lot of part for all kindles of brands. Chances are you using Nordyne and you don't even know it, so now what your talking about before your bad mouth equipment's you know nothing about flow right plumbing heating inc.

Date created: 2017-02-02 Name: Anita Fordham
Location: Clarksville, TN

"Worse unit I've ever owned"
Bought this unit after last unit of 30 years went out have had this unit 5 years and every winter it acts up! This time heat exchanger went out so I've been without heat for 45 day because they say they can't get part. When I call all I get is run around. Explain how the temperature outside or 13 the highest has it been in the 30s and I still have no heat. So it's not just the unit sucks so does there customer service.

Date created: 2017-01-19 Name: B. Nye
Location: Columbus, OH

"Always something broken"
We purchased our house 3 years ago and the unit was 5 years old at the time. We have had nothing but problems with the heat pump. We have replaced a fan motor, capacitor, temp sensor, and now both valves are leaking. The unit is 8 years old and Nordyne will not take care of any of the issues under warranty, due to us not being the original purchaser. I have elected to go with a new system from another manufacturer. I would not purchase anything from this company. They will not back their product

Date created: 2017-01-11 Name: C.B.
Location: Maryland

"Freezing and Broke!"
I have no experience with heat pumps. I bought a condo and had a new heat pump installed, this is what the company recommended. Paid almost $10,000 for it. I live alone in a small 2 bedroom condo, 1200 sq ft. The summer went okay with the ac, average electric bill was $110. Now winter came.. My bill is $350 and my thermostat is at 70 and I'm freezing cold. $350!?

Date created: 2016-09-04 Name: Larry
Location: Southeastern Washington state

"16 years and still going."
This little unit was installed in 2000. I live in the Columbia basin where summers are long, hot and dusty. They called it a split system heat pump, but the heat pump part isnt used, as we heat our house with wood. We start using it in April, and don't shut it off until September. It's never given me an ounce of trouble, a few years back the fill valve went bad, but that's it. Would I buy another one? Not sure. If the company's standards have gone down since 2000 I'd rather look around, but my experience with them 16 years ago was positive.

Date created: 2015-07-22 Name: Brad
Location: Norfolk, VA

"Love my Airtemp heat pump"
I am extremely happy with my Airtemp heat pump. This is the best decision I have made. So happy my contractor recommended it.

Date created: 2015-04-10 Name: Judy Weber
Location: Panama City Beach, FL

"Fire in unit"
Heat pump was installed in October, 2012. There was a fire in the unit in September, 2013. Wires were replaced, the compressor was replaced and I believe the capacitor, also. I wanted a new unit, bur Nordyne refused. I was without air in Florida for over a week. April 2015, there was another fire in the unit. Can't get Nordyne to call me. Do not buy one of their products! I feel sorry for the customer service reps who have to take the calls and lie to people. They catch a lot of crap.

Date created: 2015-02-07 Name: Sharon McGaha
Location: United States

"Lousy product"
Weatherization stole my heater and replaced my ac with this stupid heat pump. Now my electric bill is through the roof and I am freezing to death in my home.

Date created: 2014-10-13 Name: B. Kelley
Location: Clarksville, TN

"Nowhere near as bad as people say"
These condensers are not nearly as bad as these reviews make them seem. We have been selling these for 4 years, and yes, we do have some problems, as you will with any unit. We do not have the problems these reviews make it seem.

Date created: 2014-01-15 Name: D. Bachmann
Location: Elgin, SC

"Nordyne Heat pump FT3BC 042K / Heat Pack FG6RC 080C-16B"
We have a Nordyne Split System. The outdoor heat pump is a ft3bc042k and the Heat Pack is a fg6rc 080c-16b. We have a service contract with a nationwide company - ars - and they come out twice a year to service the unit. Every year something is broken. This system is supposed to have a 10 year warranty, but nothing is ever under warranty. It cost a fortune to repair. And after spending all the money, we still are left without heat every winter. In 2013 the heat pack stopped working and we don't want to dump any more money into the stupid thing. Finally broke down to have the system looked at again and both units are out - heat pump and heat pack. No heat at all and the weather is in the teens. This time it needs a condenser, fan, new mother board for the heat pack. Repair tech leaves at almost 9PM and we go in to turn on the heat and - of course - doesn't work! Don't buy Nordyne. You'll regret it.