Consumer Reviews of Mitsubishi heat pumps

Read more about Mitsubishi heat pumps

Date created: 2011-10-26 Name: Matt
Location: Terre Haute, IN

"This product is the best I have found"
Our company has been installing Mitsubishi for 15 years and we have been very satisfied with this product. As with any installed product it is just as or more important to pick a qualified professional contractor. In this case the only thing I can say is the lowest bidder just means that they have the lowest price, not the proper design or product for the application. I have talked with hundreds of people who wish they had paid more attention to the details rather than the price tag.

Date created: 2011-05-11 Name: Kevin Mcf
Location: Nazareth Pa.

"Great unit"
Had 2 rooms with poor heat an A/C added 2 9,000 BTU units and work great. just built a 700 sq ft sunroom used 2 12,000 btu hyper heat units even in the dead of winter still kept room warm. no noticeable increase in electric bills?

Date created: 2011-01-04 Name: G. Harris
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Love it"
I have had my Mits heat pump running now for about a month and it`s working great lots of heat. The temperature has been relatively moderate given the time of year with only a couple of day at minus 8 or so celcius and the unit is still producing lots of heat. My house is a small two story about 1200 sq.ft with EBB heating and no AC, my primary reason for buying the Mits was for AC next summer I purchased the HP option because it was only a couple hundred bucks more as an add-on. In discussing the HP portion of this system with a couple of contractors they said the HP would produce little or no heat when the temps go to minus 10 celcius. Mits claims the HP will work down to minus 20 celcius, and the coldest day I have had so far has been minus 10 Celcius the the unit was still producing lots of warm air enough to keep the second floor at 70-71 degrees F. Right now I an heating the first and second floors with the Mits HP and a 1000 watt portable heater,all the EBB are turned off. The sales rep that sold me the system was over doing his follow-up,the other day and he could not believe the heat the pump was throwing out and it was minus 8 at the time. I find myself praying for a minus 15-20 day to test the cold weather performance. I decided to purchase the Mits heatpump based on my own research and I figured it would give me heat during the spring and fall and supplement the EBB`s and would pay for it`s self in no time and with time of use elctricity pricing coming into effect soon I am confident The Mits will prove to be a very good investment.

Date created: 2010-12-21 Name: J B Potter
Location: Hartford, CT

"Worthless piece of equipment"
I agree with L. Gentry. I've asked the Attorney General in CT to look into the legality of selling a heating system that does not work. I've been told by 2 other contractors that in our area of the country you have to have a secondary heat source for when it gets really cold when you have a heat pump. I asked the Mitsubishi rep about this and he denied it. I wrote to Mitsubishi to complain and they deny it. Why then when it was 7 degrees did I have only cool air coming out? I am so upset about this. I spent a lot of money on this heating system that does not work and now have to buy another one. Mitsubishi refuses to reimburse me any portion of what I spent on their worthless system.

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: L Gentry
Location: Canton Ga

"Great system for the Tropics."
In 20 degree weather this system "Mr Slim" is totally useless. What they dont tell you is that the colder it is outside, the less heat it will put out.

Date created: 2010-09-09 Name: S. Bennett
Location: Riner, VA

"Awesome system"
I'm a commercial service tech. I've seen or installed about every type of system. The Mitsubishi Hyper heat mini split is by far the best unit out right now. Cant beat the heating capability about 10 below 0. Easy to install, quiet, and super efficient. A 1 ton system will do the work of a 2.5 ton conventional system.

Date created: 2009-11-21 Name: N.Adams

"Mitsubish ductless simply the best"
I am a refrigeration mechanic and have installed/ serviced gas furnaces, air to air and ductless split heat pumps, and for a unit thats quiet (literally whisper, 35 db), reliable (20+ years life expectancy) and fits any home/ condo application, ducted or not, mitsubishi are simply the best. Fujitsu are also good, dikane are good, but the fact is out of the fridge mechanics I know, 8 out of 10 have them (mitsubishi's) in their house. simple install, great comfort, pays for itself quickly.