Consumer Reviews of Mitsubishi heat pumps

Read more about Mitsubishi heat pumps

Date created: 2016-05-23 Location: Brewer, Maine

"THE BEST heat pump, as recommended."
I've owned this heat pump for about three years now, and I have to say it is one of the best home improvement investments I have ever made! I can't say anything bad about this system other than the initial installation cost. I love that it can both heat and cool my home for 20%-25% less monthly cost. As far as features go I really dig the i-See Sensor technology, pretty advanced at maintaining comfortable level of temperature. I also like that this heat pump cleans the air it pumps through my home, it makes me feel better about air quality. The difference is noticeable especially for someone with nearly constant allergy symptoms. I have yet to need repairs although I have it checked annually to ensure everything is in tip-top shape. I would definitely buy again or recommend Mitsubishi to a friend, that's how I even found out about heat pumps and this brand in particular.

Date created: 2015-12-28 Location: Denton TX

"Silent and efficient"
I've had this for 3 years now and it's as silent as the first day I bought it. The remote works flawlessly and the thermostat is very accurate. This unit currently heats a little over 600 square feet on its own and temperatures have dipped into the single digits before. There were no issues and it didn't seem to run excessively. I haven't kept exact records on my heating bill but I know that it did go down after replacing my older furnace. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who is looking to replace their unit with a top notch product. If I could give one piece of feedback to the manufacture I would ask for future versions to include controls on the unit in the event that the remote cannot be located or was damaged.

Date created: 2015-02-04 Name: Jeff M.
Location: Maine

"218% increase in electrical cost"
They told me to expect about a $50 increase in my electric bill. I know that it's more in the winter, but I paid $110 in October and my December bill was $350. I live in Maine so it's cold and I supplement with pellets and oil.

Date created: 2014-02-28 Name: S. Jodrey
Location: Lunenburg County Nova Scotia CANADA

"Zuba Central reviews"
In reading comments on this unit I wonder how customers were able to determine that they were not using the auxiliary heat. We have been advised there is no indicator on the thermostat that tells us that aux heat is kicking in. We only know for sure it comes on when unit goes into defrost and if temperature outside drops below -12 and system can't keep up with a difference of 1.5 degrees in call for heat.

Date created: 2013-12-21 Name: Juergen Ringlein
Location: Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada

"Zuba Central at -36 degrees Celsius"
I installed the Zuba Central in September this year. Today it is -36 degrees Celsius. The unit is working without the auxiliary heat but I did notice it on sporadically. When I adjust the thermostat up at this outdoor temperature the auxiliary heat comes on to help with the demand but turns off and let's the heat pump maintain the house temperature, fantastic. At -25 degrees Celsius the auxiliary heat never comes on. I am assuming that at extreme temperatures just maintaining room temperature is far more efficient than scheduled night and day fluctuations. When the outdoor temperature rises to around -10 degrees Celsius and the units efficiency rises I will go back to the energy efficient program built into the thermostat. I did a ton of research on heating systems because it would have cost me $33,000 to bring natural gas to my acreage. The Zuba Central is doing everything the manufacturer claimed it would do. I am writing this because there is little feedback from owners of these units and I want to help anyone make a good decision.

Date created: 2013-11-11 Name: Juergen Ringlein
Location: Prince Albert, Saskatchewan

"Zuba Central is Boss"
I installed this unit in September of this year. It is now November and last night it dropped to -25 C. The unit worked like a charm and did everything it was supposed to do, "keep us warm". I live on an acreage that we put an RTM house on. Just bringing natural gas to the property would have cost $32,000 and geotherm $45,000. Having it work at -25 c, I have now doubt it will work as advertised which is -35 c and beyond. I am waiting till spring to see what my heating season costs will be but I can use a lot of electricity for the cost of the natural gas or geotherm. My house is 1600 sq ft with a heated 3 ft crawlspace and the Zuba Central has no problems. Give me an email in the spring to see if my opinion has changed.

Date created: 2012-09-26 Name: Tristan
Location: Vancouver island and area

"Best heat pumps in Canada"
I am a refrigeration mechanic too. We specialize in heat pumps and I can honestly say Mitsubishi is the most reliable of any high efficiency brand I have seen. We have been installing 200+ units year with negligible problems, and we have mitsi units we installed over 20 years ago still running fine. As for comments on heat pumps not heating in winter it is likely due to poor installation practices or undersized equipment.do yourself a favor if you are thinking of installing this product and make sure you have someone install it who does a proper heat loss calculation for you and uses licensed installers - most good company's will offer you some sort of money back guarantee on a new install. Mitsubishis hyper heat is rated to -25 and the zuba central -30 operation. The zuba has a cop of over 1 at -30 which means its still cheaper to run then an electric heater!!! I am biased in favor of Mitsubishi but it is due to research and having great success with this brand for a long time.

Date created: 2012-09-24 Name: wec
Location: Bainbridge Island, WA

"Warranty does NOT include repair labor"
In October 2011 I had a Mitsubishi heat pump installed. In September 2012 it failed. The technician diagnosed a failed circuit board (one of three). The warranty covered only the part, not the labor. $380.10. That blows about 2 years of electrical savings.

Date created: 2012-07-06 Name: Mik

"Compressor failure"
I had a msz-fe18na installed last August. The compressor just failed in it. Less than a year old. I have waited now for 3 days to have a new compressor sent from enertrac. They cost a lot of money. To have such a critical part fail so early doesn't seem right to me..

Date created: 2011-10-26 Name: Matt
Location: Terre Haute, IN

"This product is the best I have found"
Our company has been installing Mitsubishi for 15 years and we have been very satisfied with this product. As with any installed product it is just as or more important to pick a qualified professional contractor. In this case the only thing I can say is the lowest bidder just means that they have the lowest price, not the proper design or product for the application. I have talked with hundreds of people who wish they had paid more attention to the details rather than the price tag.