Consumer Reviews of MAYTAG heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about MAYTAG heat pumps

Date created: 2017-12-10 Name: B. Miller
Location: Longview, TX

"Maytag heat pump"
Works great for 2 years now. The only problem I have had was a burnt up circuit board on the Air handler. I should add that I did the damage changing the thermostat with the power on. (My Bad). I even told the tec I thought I did it. The warranty covered it. I did pay for 1 hour of service but it was well worth it. He PM’ed my Heat pump while he was there. Even cleaned it. I think it took him about 5 min to replace the board but he worked his hour for me. Thank you Wilson Heat and Air in Longview, Texas and thank you Maytag, for a good product.

Date created: 2017-06-02 Name: Andrew Blankenship
Location: Mount Gilead, NC

"Cooling coil leaks at one year anniversary"
Cooling coil leaked out all Freon at one year anniversary. Coil had to be removed, taken to a welder and repaired in two places. Very poor workmanship on product.

Date created: 2017-03-25 Name: E Holder
Location: Harvest, AL

"Warranty Difficulty"
When I bought this in March 2007, the installer claimed there was a 12 year warranty. The air handler coil developed leaks just before 10 years was up, but I did not report it until just after the 10 year mark. Now the warranty folks are saying I have a 10 year warranty instead of a 12 year warranty and are trying to say it was never registered. I am still trying to see if I can fight this. Not happy at all with the warranty handling. But the unit itself has performed pretty well for 10 years. The only significant problems I had during that time were due to very poor installation by the contractor.

Date created: 2016-03-02 Name: B Ellis
Location: Arizona

"Lousy AC"
Do not buy a Maytag AC. Mine is 5 years old and had to have the compressor and coil changed. Still works shitty.

Date created: 2015-12-31 Location: Roanoke, VA

"Favorable review of the Maytag PSH4BI iQ heat pump"
I chose this Maytag PSH4BI iQ Energy Star heat pump because it is eligible for utility rebates in my area. I would certainly recommend this heat pump to a friend. I have had it for a little less than a year. One of the things I like best about the unit is that it does a great job of dehumidifying the house, which being an older home, was quite humid before the heat pump was installed. I also enjoy the intelligent thermostat, which makes setting the heating and cooling ranges a snap. My only dislike is that it only communicates with other Maytag equipment. I like the fact that it is quiet and very efficient. The unit has not needed any repair or replacement, which is not surprising, since it has a limited 12 year warranty. If I ever had to purchase another heat pump, I would definitely consider another Maytag.

Date created: 2014-10-01 Name: RON DYER
Location: Nashville, TN

"Energy savings & comfort"
After having my 2 stage, 16 seer heat pump in my home in the hot summer, my wife complained that she was cold. I told her to raise the temperature on the thermostat from 72 to 74. She is now happy, the system is saving me money & the comfort level is great. That was 4 years ago & I have never had a service call, just annual maintenance.

Date created: 2014-08-05 Name: Dave Weakland
Location: Asotin, WA

"Horrible experience"
Bought in fall of 2011. Summer 2012- great worked awesome! Summer 2013- Temps up inside sent out our installer. Needed freon. Summer 2014- Temps up inside. Installer out of business. Maytag you need a new inside coil that went out $624 plus shipment to have new dealer install. Maytag/Nordine called to get some help on a 3 year old unit. Said "too bad not our fault that the coil went bad. No help". I will never buy anything maytag for the rest of my life you are dead to me. 11 of last 14 days over 100 degrees---77 at night inside

Date created: 2014-08-05 Name: Ronald O. Bowman
Location: Dunedin, Florida 34698

"Could not be more unsatisfied!"
We had this Maytag 12 seer heat pump installed in July 2005 with a 10 year parts and labor warranty. This has been a complete failure of a heat pump from almost day one. The dealer and installer has been the best when is comes to keeping repairing the unit, but we are now being told that with a full year left on the 10 year warranty until July 2015 that Maytag will no longer honor the warranty. I cannot believe the a big company such as Maytag would do such a thing to a customer of their products. We are being told that the dealer/installer will be stuck with the cost of any labor or parts required to keep our unit operating. I feel this review requires a follow up by Maytag people to confirm or deny this problem.

Date created: 2014-07-22 Name: R. Cummings
Location: Huntsville, AL

"Parts Warranty Has Its Benefits, BUT..."
After spending almost $7,000 on a new 2 1/2 ton Maytag heat pump, the inside coil failed (corroded) after just two years. I bought a Maytag, because its warranty is the best in the industry. However, even if the warranty covers a failed part, the owner must still pay for the labor and refrigerant. That was $700! So, don't be sold on a Maytag solely for its warranty. It's not really worth it if you must pay a small fortune for the other costs of repairs.

Date created: 2014-06-04 Name: Karen Blick
Location: Clarksville TN

"DO NOT BUY A MAYTAG!! 5 YR OLD UNIT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED. NO HELP FROM MAYTAG!"
Very unsatisfied with Maytag HVAC product. 5 year old unit has been serviced continuously every season. Best to replace and buy a better brand product. I'm a very frustrated and dissatisfied realtor / investor.