Consumer Reviews of MAYTAG heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about MAYTAG heat pumps

Date created: 2014-10-01 Name: RON DYER
Location: Nashville, TN

"Energy savings & comfort"
After having my 2 stage, 16 seer heat pump in my home in the hot summer, my wife complained that she was cold. I told her to raise the temperature on the thermostat from 72 to 74. She is now happy, the system is saving me money & the comfort level is great. That was 4 years ago & I have never had a service call, just annual maintenance.

Date created: 2014-08-05 Name: Dave Weakland
Location: Asotin, WA

"Horrible experience"
Bought in fall of 2011. Summer 2012- great worked awesome! Summer 2013- Temps up inside sent out our installer. Needed freon. Summer 2014- Temps up inside. Installer out of business. Maytag you need a new inside coil that went out $624 plus shipment to have new dealer install. Maytag/Nordine called to get some help on a 3 year old unit. Said "too bad not our fault that the coil went bad. No help". I will never buy anything maytag for the rest of my life you are dead to me. 11 of last 14 days over 100 degrees---77 at night inside

Date created: 2014-08-05 Name: Ronald O. Bowman
Location: Dunedin, Florida 34698

"Could not be more unsatisfied!"
We had this Maytag 12 seer heat pump installed in July 2005 with a 10 year parts and labor warranty. This has been a complete failure of a heat pump from almost day one. The dealer and installer has been the best when is comes to keeping repairing the unit, but we are now being told that with a full year left on the 10 year warranty until July 2015 that Maytag will no longer honor the warranty. I cannot believe the a big company such as Maytag would do such a thing to a customer of their products. We are being told that the dealer/installer will be stuck with the cost of any labor or parts required to keep our unit operating. I feel this review requires a follow up by Maytag people to confirm or deny this problem.

Date created: 2014-07-22 Name: R. Cummings
Location: Huntsville, AL

"Parts Warranty Has Its Benefits, BUT..."
After spending almost $7,000 on a new 2 1/2 ton Maytag heat pump, the inside coil failed (corroded) after just two years. I bought a Maytag, because its warranty is the best in the industry. However, even if the warranty covers a failed part, the owner must still pay for the labor and refrigerant. That was $700! So, don't be sold on a Maytag solely for its warranty. It's not really worth it if you must pay a small fortune for the other costs of repairs.

Date created: 2014-06-04 Name: Karen Blick
Location: Clarksville TN

"DO NOT BUY A MAYTAG!! 5 YR OLD UNIT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED. NO HELP FROM MAYTAG!"
Very unsatisfied with Maytag HVAC product. 5 year old unit has been serviced continuously every season. Best to replace and buy a better brand product. I'm a very frustrated and dissatisfied realtor / investor.

Date created: 2014-05-07 Name: D. Lucas
Location: Wrightsville Bch, NC

"You will need 12 year warranty"
We have a 2 ton 15 Seer system that replaced a 2 ton 10-12 Seer system. It worked ok for 11 months during winter but started to hang up and stop working about once a week when on a/C. Contractor came out 5 times. Said wire was loose, said zone control was bad, found bad board in unit and finally did not answer my calls. Two other contractors said I needed new ductwork because unit was so efficient but did not solve problem. Fourth contractor found bad blower motor. Said blower runs faster on cool then on heat and with this system need bigger ducts. What a mess! He also told me that I would not have these problems with a Trane or a Goodman. Before I get all done I will spend another $4000. This has been an expensive lesson

Date created: 2014-04-05 Name: E Hanson
Location: Portland, Oregon

"Very pleased with options"
Pro's - very quiet 59 decibels - allows five variable speed heat pump changes with existing 2 stage gas furnace blower - went through March heating in Portland, Oregon with avg of 2-3 hrs per day at lowest level of staging. Hardly ever calls for second stages. Integrated well with existing Bryant I90 gas furnace. Con's - the models that have the inverter are more expensive for all brands of heat pumps

Date created: 2014-02-21 Name: Alias
Location: Independence, KY

"Maytag 14 seer heat pump"
Worked good for 3 years but now heat pump/ac does not kick on when they should. Have had tech look at it and can not find any issues and doesn't have a fix. I spent good money thinking I was getting a good product. I'm regretting it now.

Date created: 2014-02-08 Name: Stressed Tech
Location: ATL,GA

"DON'T DO IT"
I'm a heating and air tech and have been installing "crap-tags" for three years and they're the worst possible thing you can waste your money on. Evey other system will only run as good as it's installed, but not a Maytag. I have not had one that hasn't broken down at least once a year. They're so terrible I'm quitting my job and going with a company that sells Carrier. They're the most reliable brand you're going to find.

Date created: 2012-06-17 Name: Loyal Cook
Location: Austin, Tx

"Warranty is not worth reading"
I have a 5 ton heat pump that Maytag will not stand by the warranty. Do not buy this heat pump. It is not possibe to get warranty work done and the people at Maytay just give you the run around. This was a $9,000 loss. I hve to junk the unit and start over. Never again will I deal with maytag.