Consumer Reviews of LUXAIRE heat pumps

Read more about LUXAIRE heat pumps

Date created: 2011-03-30 Name: eodpod

"Piece of CRAP!"
Less than 4 years old and the local distributor doesn't have any ownership to the product, so i call the parent company JCI and they say they only replace the part (thank god it is under warranty) but will not help pay for the labor, now over 1100 dollars. This is why nobody wants to buy an American Made product. I plan on filling with the BBB and state AG.

Date created: 2011-02-22 Name: Dan
Location: Bella Vista, AR

"Unreliable and expensive circuit board"
My heat pump has been used for 5 years. The circuit board went out. The local supply house had three in stock. this doubtless shows the unreliability of the board. The board cost $300. That is totally outrageous for a circuit board.

Date created: 2011-01-19 Name: B Starkey
Location: Hammond, LA

"Evaporator coil starts leaking in 3 years"
Three years after the unit was installed, the evaporator coils started leaking. Luxaire replaced the coil but it still cost $500.00 for labor. Three years later the replacement coil started leaking. This time it cost $900.00 for the coil plus labor. The contractor that installed the two replacement coils said the leaks were due to manufacturing defects. The unit was purchased from Solar Supply in Hammond, LA. Luxaire said Solar had to initiate the process to indicate it was a manufacturing defect. This is necessary for them to replace the coil without charge. Solar would only say it was not a manufacturing defect, and it was out of warranty. So I conclude, Solar and Luxaire consider two coils in a row leaking freon after only 3 years is acceptable, and spending $1000.00 every 3 years is typical of their equipment. In the future, I will never buy anything from Luxaire, nor will I deal with Solar Supply.

Date created: 2011-01-17 Name: Simon
Location: Atlanta

"Homeowner"
Only 4 year old units. Have broken down 4 times costing me about 1700 dollars in labor cost. Warranty does not cover labor cost. DO NOT ever buy York/Luxaire brand.

Date created: 2010-06-06 Name: C. Karnafel

"Mrs."
We live in a new subdivision with approximately 300 homes and we have been in our home for 5 years. The unit worked fine for the first 2 years and ever since then we have been pouring money into it. In the 5 years we have had this, we have had to have a new coil, 4 mother boards and various other things. We will be replacing our unit soon and would not recommend a Luxaire to anyone.

Date created: 2010-06-04 Name: G Nolan

"Luxaire"
This is a piece of shit. You could get more heat out of a corpse!!

Date created: 2010-03-22 Name: J. Isaacs

"Luxaire a Lemon"
I have had terrible experiences with this unit. First two years, it worked fine. Then, a compressor burned out. The next year, the compressor burned out again. The third year, various sensors were installed. Seems like nobody knows how to fix these things. I spent $500 the first year, $480 the second year, and I just paid $460 for my most recent fix. My heating bills tripled for the two winter months each year. We are lucky the unit was still under warranty. I am so happy that warm weather is coming. Do not buy a Luxaire!!!!

Date created: 2010-03-04 Name: Leon K.

"TERRIBLE"
I have had my Luxaire heat pump almost 4 years- the blower motor and fan condenser motor went bad at the same time; Not even 4 years and it's broken. Impossible to find someone to fix it while in warranty. Only the installer can do it and he screwed me. Install not even built to code I later found out. Frustrated. Very frustrated. May Luxaire go bankrupt. Oh, yeah, bitter too.

Date created: 2010-02-18 Name: A Mad Consumer

"Worst purchase ever"
We purchased a new heat pump with nat gas furnace back up in Oct 2006. The first winter, it was fine. At the end of the second winter/beginning of ac season, we had to replace the outside fan motor. The third winter, we had to replace the compressor. It began freezing over after the replacement and we were told this was normal. Now, the 4th winter, it has continued freezing over to the point that it is running constantly on back up heat even when the temp is in the 30's and 40'S. We have $400 in heating bills this month and my repairman had the nerve to tell me the inability for my unit to run properly has nothing to do with the high heat bills. Really???? It is costing as much to run this unit in the winter as it did to run the 47 year old monster we had previously. We wish we could rip it out and get something else, but we paid way too much for this one and the company certainly isn't going to make good on this lemon.

Date created: 2010-02-10 Name: Jane Ptoctor

"Luxaire"
I'm sure no one will believe me but the Luxaire unit has lasted 29 yrs! And the only maintenance was adding freon every few years. Meanwhile, we had to purchase 2 Trane units in the same period of time. The first Trane compressor went out just as the warranty expired. Great timing! Compressors are very expensive, by the way.