Consumer Reviews of LUXAIRE heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about LUXAIRE heat pumps

Date created: 2013-10-20 Name: TomT
Location: Tullahoma TN

"Luxaire Needs to be Sued"
I bought a package unit from Luxaire and they have turned a durable good into a cheap non-durable good. Their evaporator coil has a manufacturing defect and if we had a court system that was worth its pay, these problems would be fixed through judgements against them on a manufacturing defect (corrosion of evaporator tubing because of cheap production) instead of another corporate scam. Fix the manufacturing defect Johnson Controls, or get out of the business. Pay everyone for the costs your defects have caused and stop scamming the public.

Date created: 2013-03-20 Name: DVTatt
Location: Stroudsburg Pa

"20 Years"
I've only had 3 problems in 20 years. I live in Nepa. Two start capacitors and TX valve. This year it gave up replacing heat pump with new dry unit.

Date created: 2012-10-01 Name: michael Gischel
Location: Baltimore Md.

"Do your homework"
Unit was installed in 08' , worked fine until this past summer. Only 3-4 years of good service and the coil needs replacing. Parts under warranty, (zippety do da) but labor to fix almost one thousand dollars. Needless to say recomending a Luxaire unit to anyone other than say -Satan would be a serious breach of my humanity. If this company won't admit to a manufacturing defect, maybe a class action suit should be in order.

Date created: 2012-07-28 Name: James Compton
Location: mt sterling Ky 40353

"13 seer heat pump that HAS BEEN JUNK FOR 4 YEARS!"
I've owned a Climasure EBD Series Luxaire 3.5 ton heat pump and air handler for four years. I have replaced the heating banks 4 times the boards 4 times I have put a fuse in the circuit board myself about twenty times. It keeps shorting out! I had to replace the outside coil on the outside unit it started leaking. Warranty covered that but labor and the freon cost me over 600 bucks. I have been out 2000.00 dollars since I bought this junk. Luxaire will not answer your calls so do not waste your time calling them. They are a joke. I cannot beleive they are still in buisness! I had a Goodman it lasted 8 years this one did not work the night we put it in. I'm serious. It had a bad heat bank from the factory!It was -6 degrees and we had no heat we put in a new furnace and it don't work. I should have known then to take it out. Whatever you do do not buy a york! Do not buy a luxaire they are junk and they do not back up their equipment!i am now contacting bbb and I hope for the next persons sake that they straighten up

Date created: 2012-07-14 Name: Mitch Peden
Location: Philadelphia, MS

"Bad Luck"
Installed this unit in 2000 in a brand new house and 12 years later I have replaced two evaporator coils, numerous circuit boards, and sensors of all types. 2 thermostats and now another evaporator coil leak. I'm throwing in the towel.

Date created: 2012-05-26 Name: A. Broom
Location: Middle, Alabama

"Old Luxiare lasted 32 yrs"
Oldest heat pump many of the service men I have called have ever seen. No Luxiare dealers within 100 miles of me now, according to website. It's a split unit heat pump. The coil developed a leak and is finally beyond repair. Nothing wrong with outside unit. Obviously they are not made like they used to be. This one ran 30 yrs with no probs and no servicing at all. 2 more years on the leaking coil with charging. Wish we could still buy quality, but those days are over. Greed wins out.

Date created: 2011-09-01 Name: JKim
Location: paris,tx

"Avoid at ALL COSTS"
Less than 4 years old: multiple service calls and labor charges alone approaching $1000. Entire unit is a lemon and needs to be replaced, this after labor charges to repair - parts still under warranty but would rather have paid those charges towards a new unit other than Luxaire!!!!!

Date created: 2011-08-19 Name: Ron D.
Location: Pennsylvania

"Luxaire = JUNK"
Less than four years after moving into our newly build home the problems started and have continued yearly. We have two heat pumps and have had to replace both condenser coils. The first compressor went out about two years ago and now this week the second one needs replaced. I called the company to complain - they don't care - not in warranty so there is nothing they can do. They see no problem with this level of ongoing breakdown. I will never buy another Luxaire product.

Date created: 2011-05-18 Name: Jamesc in ky
Location: MT Sterling KY 40353

"ULxaire is Junk"
I put tis 3.5 ton unit in 3 years ago. It didn't work the night I had it installed. That should have told me something. I have replaced all the guts in the furnace, heat banks 3 times, Circuit board 3 times,Now my out side coil went bad. 500 bucks. this is for labor. I have spent 2000 dollars now in 3 years just on labor to fix these parts. My heating bills went through the roof after I installed it compared to my Goodman I had in from when the house was built. Don't Buy LUXAIRE IT IS JUNK........ JAMES IN KY

Date created: 2011-04-26 Location: Welsh, louisiana

"My personal heat pump"
I recently built a home and installed a Luxair heat pump. I installed this heat pump simply for the fact of savings on the energy bill. I am very satisfied with this heat pump because it performs well and the warranty on it is great. At first it was a toss up b/w a heat pump and electric heat only. After doing research and talking to people who have owned heat pumps I have heard nothing but good things about them. During the winter time the heat pump did a very well job of maintaining the temperature in my home and my electric bill was twenty percent lower than I thought it would be. Along with installing the heat pump I also installed a thermostat that will switch from heat to cool automatically. This has made life so much easier simply because I do not have to touch the thermostat during the night if it gets cold in the house. My experience with this heat pump has been great and I would recommend it to anyone who is considering building a home or changing out their old a/c system. I am currently thinking about tying my water heater into the heat pump because it can be used to heat your water also which will also help on the electric bill. If anyone would ask me what to go with, a heat pump would be the first thing out of my mouth.