Consumer Reviews of LUXAIRE heat pumps

Read more about LUXAIRE heat pumps

Date created: 2016-07-07 Name: Shameka Green
Location: Woodbridge, VA

"Great unit"
This heat pump has been wonderful to cool and heat my townhouse. I have the air set on 70 and it gets chilly so I am loving it.

Date created: 2016-04-13 Name: R. G. Smith
Location: Chambersburg, PA

"Off to a bad start"
Newly installed in October 2015. No cold weather until late December. Unit ran almost constantly. Home temperature set to 68 and we are away 2 weeks each month when the unit is set to heat to 64 degrees. Power company sent info that we were using 50% more power than all of our neighbors. We are 2 people - no kids, no pets, no parties, minimal hot water usage and few power needs beyond heat and A/C. This new hi efficiency unit cost us over $500 month vs. the former system that cost us $300 or less per month. Called a tech to get an opinion. Turns out we need a "new" compressor in our very new unit. Now waiting for contractor and company response. We had York many years ago and it was very undependable. Swore I'd never have another York product in my life. Did not know Luxaire is York. My fault for not asking. Don't know what awaits when the summer weather arrives. I would never allow any York products in my home again.

Date created: 2015-05-14 Name: Dwight C. Steele
Location: Wilmington, DE

"Luxaire heat pump"
Have only had the unit one year ( one winter and one summer) - the unit seems to do a good job. I did have to have the circuit board replaced this past winter; water had gotten into it and caused "an outdoor equipment fault" to come up on the thermostat. The unit continued to run, but was unable to make any changes to the thermostat, e.g. change temperature, etc. until the contractor came out and replaced the board. I'm not too happy about this type of thermostat.

Date created: 2015-03-31 Name: M.rogoff
Location: Cleveland, OH

"Luxaire heat pump a nightmare to deal with!"
Have had this heat pump for almost ten years and have had nothing but problems. At least 3 dozen repairs and 1 total replacement of the pump have been made. A nightmare to say the least! Stay away!

Date created: 2015-01-08 Name: J. Don
Location: Pennsylvania

"Stay away from this piece of crap!"
This is a piece of junk. I installed it 5 years ago and have had at least 4 service calls on it. It took them forever to get it working correctly from day one. Last year was the only year that I didn't need to call for repairs. I thought they finally fixed it, but today it is broken again. The parts were under warranty but the labor wasn't. Every time they come to fix it, it costs $200 just for them to walk in the door and run a diagnostic test. Every time it gets below 5 degrees, the outside unit quits working. I bit the bullet and bought a new furnace, because I was tired of repair costs on my old furnace. Well, I should have kept the old furnace. Better the devil you know than the one you don't. Luxaire does nothing to help you, and good luck trying to get anything out of them. I no longer speak to my contractor who installed it, since I felt he recommended this piece of crap to me and then didn't stand behind it. Take the advice on this site and look elsewhere for a good furnace. If I could be assured that if I installed a new furnace (of course a different brand), that it would work correctly, this piece of crap would be gone. My unit has two stages, one for when it isn't that cold and one for when it is cold. I think the second stage doesn't work correctly but for some unknown reason no one knows how to fix the damn thing. I think it is possessed!

Date created: 2014-12-04 Name: c. parnell
Location: Stockton, AL

"My impression of new heat pump."
I am completely satisfied with the low noise of the unit. The dealer knew his craft well. Experience shows. The controls are easy to use. Much better than the one I replaced. I will buy this brand again and highly recommend it to my friends. The installer was well trained. Overall, an A+ grade from start to completion.

Date created: 2014-10-03 Name: Carol Holt
Location: Bolivar, MO

"Positive input concerning the installation of my heat pump and and removing the old system"
I am very satified with the equipment and very satified with the contractor that put it in. He does quality work. I have no dislikes about the system. Yes, I would buy the same system again and use the same contractor. Very satisfied.

Date created: 2014-09-12 Name: Scott D
Location: Houston, TX

"Breaks and no supply chain"
Our two Luxaire units have both failed multiple times within five years of installation. In all but one case, Luxaire did not have the part on hand to fix these, their upper priced, units. I live in Houston, Texas. This is the largest AC usage per capita area in the nation and Luxaire does not have a supply chain capable of fixing their units. Either they can't keep enough on hand to fix all the failures (likely) or they are more concerned about supply chain costs than the comfort of their customers. Talking to the local manager produces excuses and recriminations against the installer. Trying to correspond with the national company results in no response. Go elsewhere.

Date created: 2014-07-24 Name: J SHANE
Location: PA

"NOT WORTH THE METAL TO BUILD IT"
Luxaire heat pump 5 years old, replaced the coil the second year, freon leaked out 2 times, warranty just expired and no Freon. cost $400.00 to get Freon added. It does not do a good job of cooling a small home. Runs constantly and can't afford the electric bills for this non efficient junk

Date created: 2013-12-04 Name: M. LAMBERT
Location: Roseland, Louisiana

"Luxaire/Unitary Products = Crap!!!"
Junk! Junk! Junk!!! Have had this unit for 5 1/2 years (go figure warranty just expired and it broke again yesterday) and it's been a hunk of junk from day one!! Freon leaks, boards changed, wiring changed, now heat pump out! Luxaire will not help you, answer questions, back up the junk that they sell etc. Service calls at least twice a year from day one! Heat pump just went out! Can't afford to fix it! And we have a 20-month old child. Can't afford to replace it or I'd chunk it out in the street! Do not buy any of their products!!!! It's all crap!!!! I hope there will be a big lawsuit for this company and they go bankrupt!!!