Consumer Reviews of LG heat pumps

Read more about LG heat pumps

Date created: 2016-07-25 Name: R. Strieter
Location: Williamsburg, VA

"Avoid LG ductless heat pumps"
My unit was installed in 10/10. Three months after warranty a temperature sensor failed. Now, 7 months later the compressor has failed. The service contractor I use told me that they no longer sell LG units due to (a) difficulty in getting tech support, (b) difficulty in getting parts, and (c) they are difficult to work on. My experience has been poor reliability soon after the warranty period. I'm looking at the highly recommended Mitsubishi units to replace the LG.

Date created: 2016-02-11 Name: Don Jones
Location: Telluride, CO

"Dishonorable manufacturer"
We are an HVAC contractor in Colorado with 12 employees. We purchased and installed an LG mini-split for a small business in April 2013. We leak tested our line sets repeatedly as we were adding refrigerant twice a year, and finally found the source of the leak in the indoor coil in September 2015. LG refused to replace the unit but provided only a new coil, costing us a huge amount of time to install. I complained about this to my supplier and they told me they are dropping LG because of this and other similar situations. So I write this review to warn others of poor quality and unfair warranty practices by LG.

Date created: 2015-11-04 Name: J. Watson
Location: Victoria, British Columbia

"Never buy LG again"
In September 2011 we bought a ductless LG heat pump with 2 outlets in the house. In April of this year one of them started making a noise like an airplane taking off each time it kicked in. We have had a service man here 5 times over the past few months and the problem has been that LG sends parts which do not fit anymore. On contacting LG we found that they do not have a service dealer in our area (in fact they weren't even sure where we lived when I gave them the city). We finally decided that we might have to replace the indoor unit. However, our mechanic discovered that they don't make it anymore and we would have to replace the whole system at great expense. This has been a very frustrating experience and as a result we will not buy another LG product again.

Date created: 2013-01-10 Name: J. Cook
Location: Brookings, OR

"LG is Junk"
I am an installer of heating systems and have installed 6 LG Minisplit systems. Since then, have pulled out all 6 and installed Mitsubishi systems in place of LG. I have installed about 1500 Mitsubishi systems with great results.

Date created: 2011-11-21 Location: NYC, New York

"Great Unit For the Price, is Easy to Install, Quiet"
I bought this heat pump over a year ago. It was fairly easy to install, and the instruction manual was direct. There wasn't much guess work involved, which I really like. Also, as advertised, it is extremely quiet. My previous heat pumps have all worked find, but have been very loud. This unit also came with a remote, which is very convenient and great product design. The air purifier and humidifier are also a great bonus. It is great for anyone who has allergies--no more dust floating around! I really have no complaints about this unit. This unit is a little pricey, and that is the only negative aspect. I believe, however, that you get what you pay for. I don't believe you will find a cheaper unit than this, that works better. I haven't had to replace it or repair it since I bought it just over a year ago. I do not regret buying this unit, and if I had to, I would buy this unit over again, or recommend it to anyone who asked.

Date created: 2011-11-21 Location: Eagan, Minnesota

"My Good and Bad Experiences With My LG Heat Pump and How I Feel About It"
I've owned this pump for about two years. In that time it's broken down once. It had to be repaired because there "was a problem with the power connection point" according to the handyman who fixed it. It cost $80 to fix, which I feel was too high to pay for half an hour of fiddling around. I like that it blends into the wall and doesn't take up too much space. I don't like that it had to be fixed and that it's performance seems to have slowed down after it had to be fixed. Otherwise, it's been fairly satisfactory. I was going to contact lb about the problem but I just never got around to it. Before the problem I would have recommended it to a friend, but I wouldn't anymore. As far I as I know my friend who bought it hasn't had any problems with it like I have.

Date created: 2011-06-15 Location: Smithtown, NY

"My Review of an Awesome LG Heat Pump"
I have owned the heat pump for a little over a year now. It was simple to install and for me to say that it has to mean something. Also, as promised, it's extremely quiet and this is important. My last heat pump worked well but it was so loud! Also, I like the remote that came with it. I really have no complaints about it. Maybe the price, it was expensive but I'm not sure there are better heat pumps cheaper. I haven't had to replace it or repair it since I bought it just over a year ago. I would definitely recommend this product. I love the air purifier and the dehumidifier I live in the basement where I rent, and the dehumidifier is a must. Also, I have terrible allergies and the air purifier helps without a doubt. When I first installed this product, you could see dust particles in the sunlight. Now, when it is running you can't see dust particles at all, I breathe great and the temperature is always perfect.