Consumer Reviews of LG heat pumps

Read more about LG heat pumps

Date created: 2017-03-17 Name: Digger
Location: Halifax, NS

"LG Heat Pumps are GARBAGE"
I bought an LG Heat Pump from Halifax Heating Residential 5 months ago. At a little under 4 months the motherboard and the indoor motor blew. Between the terrible service from Halifax Heating Residential, waiting for parts to arrive from Korea and the wrong parts being ordered, we are now 5 weeks with a non-operating LG Heat Pump. Totally unacceptable!!! And Halifax Heating Residential doesn't seem in any rush to get our Heat Pump back running. When the parts come in Halifax Heating Residential does nothing but schedule a regular appointment 2 days later. The technician has been to repair it 4 times and it is still not repaired!! Before we decided on what company in Halifax, N.S. to install our Heat Pump, we had over 12 companies come in and give us a quote. Based on their service they say they give on their website, with 24/7 emergency service and the salesperson said they have 4 service teams out doing repairs, we chose Halifax Heating Residential. Well the 24/7 service only exists if all that is wrong with the Heat Pump is a blown fuse. Otherwise good luck. When we called and complained, they said that this had happened to over 60 units. Based on that lg Heat Pumps are garbage. 5 weeks without a Heat Pump...that would never happen to a house with a furnace!!

Date created: 2017-01-18 Name: vwood
Location: Price Edward Island, Canada

"LG and source service"
Bought 4 LG units in 2014. One blew the compressor board on December 4th. Nobody could figure problem for two weeks. Then it took one month to get parts that literally meant rebuilding unit. Source and LG refused to give me a new unit. They quoted me $500.00 to $1000.00 to put it back together. The biggest rip off I've ever dealt with. Over 7 weeks in winter without unit. Would never purchase LG or anything from Source pei.

Date created: 2016-12-29 Name: Michael Berndt
Location: Good Corner, NB

"Never again LG"
Got my 3 units heat pumps installed through Hayward Healthy Home Solutions & Heat Pumps in Moncton, New Brunswick. Temperatures dropping to -10 degrees and they are just blowing out cold air on the inside units. Terrible service and the only advice they gave us was that we need a second heat system as back up. Was cold over Christmas and they offered us the next available service in one week. Got them installed 3 months ago. Does anyone know if I can cancel this and force them to take off the pumps again? Thx michael

Date created: 2016-12-07 Name: joe john
Location: ns

Had more problems with LG heatpumps than with all other brands put together. That's all I can say: junk parts.

Date created: 2016-07-25 Name: R. Strieter
Location: Williamsburg, VA

"Avoid LG ductless heat pumps"
My unit was installed in 10/10. Three months after warranty a temperature sensor failed. Now, 7 months later the compressor has failed. The service contractor I use told me that they no longer sell LG units due to (a) difficulty in getting tech support, (b) difficulty in getting parts, and (c) they are difficult to work on. My experience has been poor reliability soon after the warranty period. I'm looking at the highly recommended Mitsubishi units to replace the LG.

Date created: 2016-02-11 Name: Don Jones
Location: Telluride, CO

"Dishonorable manufacturer"
We are an HVAC contractor in Colorado with 12 employees. We purchased and installed an LG mini-split for a small business in April 2013. We leak tested our line sets repeatedly as we were adding refrigerant twice a year, and finally found the source of the leak in the indoor coil in September 2015. LG refused to replace the unit but provided only a new coil, costing us a huge amount of time to install. I complained about this to my supplier and they told me they are dropping LG because of this and other similar situations. So I write this review to warn others of poor quality and unfair warranty practices by LG.

Date created: 2015-11-04 Name: J. Watson
Location: Victoria, British Columbia

"Never buy LG again"
In September 2011 we bought a ductless LG heat pump with 2 outlets in the house. In April of this year one of them started making a noise like an airplane taking off each time it kicked in. We have had a service man here 5 times over the past few months and the problem has been that LG sends parts which do not fit anymore. On contacting LG we found that they do not have a service dealer in our area (in fact they weren't even sure where we lived when I gave them the city). We finally decided that we might have to replace the indoor unit. However, our mechanic discovered that they don't make it anymore and we would have to replace the whole system at great expense. This has been a very frustrating experience and as a result we will not buy another LG product again.

Date created: 2013-01-10 Name: J. Cook
Location: Brookings, OR

"LG is Junk"
I am an installer of heating systems and have installed 6 LG Minisplit systems. Since then, have pulled out all 6 and installed Mitsubishi systems in place of LG. I have installed about 1500 Mitsubishi systems with great results.

Date created: 2011-11-21 Location: NYC, New York

"Great Unit For the Price, is Easy to Install, Quiet"
I bought this heat pump over a year ago. It was fairly easy to install, and the instruction manual was direct. There wasn't much guess work involved, which I really like. Also, as advertised, it is extremely quiet. My previous heat pumps have all worked find, but have been very loud. This unit also came with a remote, which is very convenient and great product design. The air purifier and humidifier are also a great bonus. It is great for anyone who has allergies--no more dust floating around! I really have no complaints about this unit. This unit is a little pricey, and that is the only negative aspect. I believe, however, that you get what you pay for. I don't believe you will find a cheaper unit than this, that works better. I haven't had to replace it or repair it since I bought it just over a year ago. I do not regret buying this unit, and if I had to, I would buy this unit over again, or recommend it to anyone who asked.

Date created: 2011-11-21 Location: Eagan, Minnesota

"My Good and Bad Experiences With My LG Heat Pump and How I Feel About It"
I've owned this pump for about two years. In that time it's broken down once. It had to be repaired because there "was a problem with the power connection point" according to the handyman who fixed it. It cost $80 to fix, which I feel was too high to pay for half an hour of fiddling around. I like that it blends into the wall and doesn't take up too much space. I don't like that it had to be fixed and that it's performance seems to have slowed down after it had to be fixed. Otherwise, it's been fairly satisfactory. I was going to contact lb about the problem but I just never got around to it. Before the problem I would have recommended it to a friend, but I wouldn't anymore. As far I as I know my friend who bought it hasn't had any problems with it like I have.