Consumer Reviews of LENNOX heat pumps

Read more about LENNOX heat pumps

Date created: 2010-12-18 Name: Dennis Yackell
Location: AZ

" BUYER BEWARE"
SUN ENERGY INSTALLED 5 TON LENNOX heat pump unit dropping unit on roof and apparently destroying the calibration causing unit to run extremely loud resulting in service calls. Service calls showed high amps to motor causing capacitor to fail. Unit lasted six years with NO satisfaction from either SUN ENERGY or LENNOX. BUYER BEWARE extremely poor service, no service from dealer SUN ENERGY or manufacture LENNOX. Just the old passing the BUCK. BUYER BEWARE BEWARE.BEWARE

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: p mistico
Location: st aug, fl

"Ac/heat pump"
I purchased a 3 ton ac/heat pump from Lennox 5 years ago cost over $5000.00, today I am sitting in a cold house because the compressor has died. The warrenty ended in August and here I am in December with a dead compressor. I contacted the contractor that I purchased the product from no help wants to charge $100.00 to check unit, told them I already had it checked and the compressor is done. No help there. I contacted Lennox guess what there is nothing that they can do. CAUTION DO NOT BUY LENNOX THEIR EQUIPMENT IS JUNK!!! I had a carrier unit for 20 years without problems. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER LENNOX PRODUCT DO NOT BELIEVE THE HYPE.

Date created: 2010-12-07 Name: Tom Bemberger
Location: Rock Port, MO

"DONT BUY LENNOX"
My 2nd lennox came with the house. It's noisy and frosts up. Brand new but junk. Also lennox builds their produts unique on purpose so you pretty much are stuck with only lennox high dollar parts and service. Will never buy another!

Date created: 2010-11-29 Name: G Dillon
Location: Vancouver Island, British Columbia

"XP17 - CBX32MXV"
Had a Lennox XP17 3.5 ton HP, CBX32MXV air handler and Carrier Edge thermostat installed 2 months ago. So far very pleased. Installers did a good job and the system is performing as expected. Noise level is very low. Multiple quotes were obtained and all installers were queried on installation practices. Chose system based on installer reputation, installation practices, system specs and cost. So far so good.

Date created: 2010-11-21 Name: M. Burkhardt
Location: Quakertown, PA

"It's a lemon"
Having a Lennox XP-19 installed October 2007 is the single biggest mistake I ever made. As I write this I have no heat again. There have been 12 service calls so far, tomorrow will be number 13. The dealer keeps replacing parts, but the unit dies when the weather gets cold enought to call for unit to defrost. Lennox is no help, so I have contacted a lawyer to assist. NO NOT BUY LENNOX!

Date created: 2010-11-12 Name: randall redmon
Location: ASHEVILLE N C

"Hp25-311-p"
Bought new complete unit new in 1993 every 6 months needs re pair cant find parts no one wants to work on it they say lenox is junk iagree never buy anything lenox sells im going to train

Date created: 2010-10-23 Name: wayne Perry
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Home owner"
Have had Lennox HSXA19, 4 ton unit (seer 16) since 3-05 with a split Lennox 2 stage gas furnace. Had much experience in past life repairing many different AC units. I spent the entire installation time with the two installers since I had some unusual installation requirements (they did not really like this). with the exception of a couple installation problems, I have been very satisfied over 5 years of experience. The only problems I had was a cracked plastic fitting at exp valve which caused a very small gas/oil leak exp. valve (replace under warranty) and improper set up on recirc. fan motor speed board. The unit has easily exceeded all performance expectations. It reduced summer bills by 20-30 $ per month. It runs mostly in the 1st stage (about 60% capacity). The winter performance is excellent due to the two stage heating. Now on to some comments about the other opinions that are in this review thread. Lennox makes very few of the major components which make up their equipment outside of sheet metal and coils. All manufactures that use scroll compressors have only one source - Copeland. All valves and other components come from various manufactures. Herein lies the problem for Lennox (and others). Lennox, Trane and all others buy the these components from many different manufactures. They are always changing from one to another looking for the lowest price. All AC manufactures go thru cycle of changing suppliers for things and suffer the consequences of the cheapest piece of junk and then paying with negative threads like this one. It may be likely that Trane, Lennox and others may use the same exp valve. within the same year you may find that any one of the same manufactures may switch exp valves or reversing valve suppliers. On the use of suction accumlator. I believe that many AC manufactures that use scroll comps overestimate the slugging capability of this comp. Many manufactures avoid their use since the scroll if far more (claimed) forgiving to slugging. There was one responder who claimed his model did not use hi or lo pressure switches. I have seen this from all manufactures at different years. This is serious omission in my view. More comments on the installation experience. I had two guys, one on furnace/expansion coil change and one on condensing unit. The guy on the furnace change out was old experience hand and the kid on condensing unit was very green. I had to mentor him thru running gas lines and brazing technique. I had to lend him my googles when he brazed! Since there was significant extra tubing run, I calculated extra gas over what was stored in the compressor. They did not agree with this. However this was corrected upon repair of the previously mention gas leak at later date. The satisfaction index is really dependent on installation for a split unit. I am a satisfied customer and will consider another Lennox

Date created: 2010-10-07 Name: Charlie Suggs
Location: Jacksonville , Florida

"XP-19 5 Ton Piece of Junk"
Less than two years old and the compressor exploded last sat. the breaker had tripped feeding the unit after resetting it heard a hissing sound and bang like a 22 rife going off and freon spraying out everywhere, it blew out where the 230 volt wires go into the compressor, no excuse this unit cost me $8000.00 now have to pay labor $700.00 to fix this piece of junk, very unhappy with Lennox, stay away from them, after reading all the problems on this website they should be closed down by consumers union or whoever has the power to SHUT THEM DOWN !!!!

Date created: 2010-10-01 Name: G. Martin
Location: Dothan, Alabama

"FIRE ALARM!!!!"
We downsized back in 2007. The house we bought had a Lennox unit (3 ton). It had problems right before we closed on the house and I made the owners buy me a home warranty. Good thing I did. We had to replace the compressor about 6 months after I moved in. About a year ago it started acting up. We had two different companies come out and look it over. they could not make it repeat the problem. Long story short it has not worked right for about a year. A week ago it caught on fire and almost burned my house down. NO, I am not making this up. My neighbor came running and pounding on my front door screaming "your house is on fire, your house is on fire!!!". I ran out grabbed a hose and while my wife called 911 I proceeded to put out the flower bed and bushes where the unit was located. Thank goodness it had not gotten big enough to actually catch the house on fire. The Fire Department got there and would not leave until a HVAC tech could explain what happened, turn all power off to the unit and verify it would not flare up again. Seems a capacitor blew up, melted a bunch of wires together and the hot melted insulation dripped down onto the leaves on the ground around the unit. I am VERY lucky that I was home and my neighbor saw it on fire. otherwise I would be lawyered up and suing in all directions. My home owners is paying for most on the new unit and you can bet it WILL NOT be a Lennox.

Date created: 2010-09-28 Name: G. Doherty
Location: Sikeston Mo.

Had this heat pump installed in 2003. First 5 years no problem. After that nothing but. Circut boards started blowing. The a coil sprung a leak. Now my service man tells me it needs a new expansion valve, and another circut board. The thing is literlly falling apart. NEVER BUY ANOTHER LENNOX.