Consumer Reviews of Lennox heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Lennox heat pumps

Date created: 2011-01-13 Name: Merrill
Location: Winnabow, NC

"Dont buy Lennox"
Our unit is not yet 5 1/2 years old and we have had to replace a part every year. Now the coil is leaking and Lennox will not cover the warranty (which is 5years). The only reason we found that it was leaking is our electric bill has been rising over the past several months and we were trying to conserve as much as possible.

Date created: 2011-01-13 Name: Cathy Lunner
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

"Don't buy Lenox"
We installed 3 Lenox Heat Pumps three years ago. Since that time there have been 16 service calls because one of the heat pumps is not working. Now I have another heat pump that is not working. When they fail they go on to strip heating that drives up my light bill so I now check weekly to make sure the fans are turning which is the only way I can be sure the heat pump is working. We have had a Lenox rep out here and have changed to a new HVAC company but the problems continue. If this new repair is over $500.00 I am going to replace the unit and start to rid myself of these. I want Lenox out of my life.
Date created: 2011-01-04 Name: katrina blackwood
Location: gulfport ms

"Do not buy"
Our unit is only 4 years 10 months old the compressor fan went bad.. cost 300 even under warrenty. They said the coils are corroding and none of my neighbors cheap units are doing this. do not buy lennox
Date created: 2011-01-02 Name: M. Allen
Location: Union, MO

"Lennox 19 SERE Heat Pump"
I had complete Unit put in just over 4 years ago. Since then I had to put a New Unit in right away because of the noise. They had to come back again and put a new mother board in. The Compressor went out when less than 4 years old and cost me $900. 6 Months later it went out again which Lennox paid for. When B&S Heating and cooling (Union MO) replaced the compressor last time they didn't change the filter. After reading the warranty I found out that it must be replaced when changing the compressor or it will void the warranty. It sounds like its getting ready to go out again. I wished I never would of replaced my old one that was 15 years old and I never had a problem with it. Lennox is the worst and so is the local dealer.
Date created: 2010-12-29 Name: M. Huff

"Had enough"
A Lennox HPXA12 unit was installed when I bought my new house in 2005. First the refrigerant leaked out one year, next the Lennox wall thermostat had died, and now finally after 5 years the compressor motor is locked up. I just checked the capacitor and it is fine so the compressor is indeed toast. The quote from the local HVAC Lennox dealer is over $2k. I'm planning on scrapping the entire system and installing a good old fashioned wood/coal furnace. Right now my primary source of heat is ventless propane heaters. Only the wealthy can afford to own a Lennox.
Date created: 2010-12-28 Name: B Bemmels
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada

"Do not Buy Lennox HP!"
We bought a Lennox XP25 heat pump 15 months ago and our story is similar to others posted here - nothing but problems! In 15 months we have had 9 service calls, tomorrow will be number 10. Fortunately it is all under warranty, but this is extremely annoying. So for they have replaced all sensors, the defrost board, and compressor. Still doesn't work properly. It worked fine during cooling season last summer, but it does not work for heating if temperature is below 45 F. Runs for hours just blowing cold air. Now the compressor is so loud I could hear it half a block away. Nothing consistent, just endless problems of it not working. We really regret buying this $6,700 piece of junk. Stay away! Do not buy one!
Date created: 2010-12-18 Name: Dennis Yackell
Location: AZ

" BUYER BEWARE"
SUN ENERGY INSTALLED 5 TON LENNOX heat pump unit dropping unit on roof and apparently destroying the calibration causing unit to run extremely loud resulting in service calls. Service calls showed high amps to motor causing capacitor to fail. Unit lasted six years with NO satisfaction from either SUN ENERGY or LENNOX. BUYER BEWARE extremely poor service, no service from dealer SUN ENERGY or manufacture LENNOX. Just the old passing the BUCK. BUYER BEWARE BEWARE.BEWARE
Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: p mistico
Location: st aug, fl

"Ac/heat pump"
I purchased a 3 ton ac/heat pump from Lennox 5 years ago cost over $5000.00, today I am sitting in a cold house because the compressor has died. The warrenty ended in August and here I am in December with a dead compressor. I contacted the contractor that I purchased the product from no help wants to charge $100.00 to check unit, told them I already had it checked and the compressor is done. No help there. I contacted Lennox guess what there is nothing that they can do. CAUTION DO NOT BUY LENNOX THEIR EQUIPMENT IS JUNK!!! I had a carrier unit for 20 years without problems. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER LENNOX PRODUCT DO NOT BELIEVE THE HYPE.
Date created: 2010-12-07 Name: Tom Bemberger
Location: Rock Port, MO

"DONT BUY LENNOX"
My 2nd lennox came with the house. It's noisy and frosts up. Brand new but junk. Also lennox builds their produts unique on purpose so you pretty much are stuck with only lennox high dollar parts and service. Will never buy another!
Date created: 2010-11-29 Name: G Dillon
Location: Vancouver Island, British Columbia

"XP17 - CBX32MXV"
Had a Lennox XP17 3.5 ton HP, CBX32MXV air handler and Carrier Edge thermostat installed 2 months ago. So far very pleased. Installers did a good job and the system is performing as expected. Noise level is very low. Multiple quotes were obtained and all installers were queried on installation practices. Chose system based on installer reputation, installation practices, system specs and cost. So far so good.