Consumer Reviews of LENNOX heat pumps

Read more about LENNOX heat pumps

Date created: 2011-01-15 Name: J. Campbell
Location: Montreal, Canada

"Heat Pump"
We bought a new Lennox heat pump in 2007 and the expansion valve has failed every year requiring replacement. The valve cost $175 plus installation each time. In my opinion, a piece of garbage and wouldn't recommend to anyone I know!

Date created: 2011-01-14 Name: S. Smith
Location: Lansdale,Pa

"Another Lennox Lemon"
Bought a new complete heat pump system indoor and outdoor unit on October 5th,2006. One week after the one year warranty the outdoor compressor fan seizes up. Service man came to house and after shelling out $300 he imformed me that Lennox and other manufacturers have stopped using American made fans and they now use Chinese units that are seizing up in greater quantity. One and a half years later the unit stops working with a low pressure lockout. Service man discovers low freon in the system and kindly imforms me it will be another $435 charge. One and a half years and again a low pressure lockout and no heat pump for 3 days. Service man imforms me that the factory solder on the low pressure side of the compressor has a very slow leak in it and that it will cost $635 to evacuate freon, repair the solder joint, and replace the line filter but not for 2 weeks because they are backed up. Some people will say that the service stinks but this is not the case. I originally wanted a York unit reinstalled in my house but the salesman convince me that the Lennox was a better unit with higheer Seer rating than the York unit. What a mistake I have made. I spent $6500 for the unit, $300 for a fan, $435 for service call and freon, and $635 for a repair on a factory solder. What do you think are my chances with Lennox Consumer Affairs? Slim and None.

Date created: 2011-01-14 Name: Gloria Schultz
Location: Garner, NC

"Do Not Buy Lennox!"
My heat pump is 14 months old and was defective when installed. I have a 10 year parts and service warranty and now the company that installed it wants $2,500.00 to fix it. The defrosters have never worked (even after the board and sensors were replaced), the High Pressure Switch had to be replaced, and now the coil ruptured and let out all the freon. Not only is the heat pump a piece of junk, the companay that sells them has no idea what they are doing when they come out to do a quote. Lennox apparently isn't choosey about who is allowed to represent them.

Date created: 2011-01-13 Name: Lynda
Location: Winnabow, NC

"Don't buy a Lennox"
Our unit is not even 5 1/2 years old. The first year we had to add 3lbs coolant. The next year we had to replace the fan motor. Then the air flaps have had to be replace every year since we've had it and now the coil is leaking and Lennox will not cover it under warranty because the do not go over 5 years. We only called a tech to look at it because the last few months our electric bill kept going up alot. I waited for 1 hour and 45 min for someone from Lennox to talk to me and to tell me too bad. Never, Never, Never buy a Lennox!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2011-01-13 Name: Merrill
Location: Winnabow, NC

"Dont buy Lennox"
Our unit is not yet 5 1/2 years old and we have had to replace a part every year. Now the coil is leaking and Lennox will not cover the warranty (which is 5years). The only reason we found that it was leaking is our electric bill has been rising over the past several months and we were trying to conserve as much as possible.

Date created: 2011-01-13 Name: Cathy Lunner
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

"Don't buy Lenox"
We installed 3 Lenox Heat Pumps three years ago. Since that time there have been 16 service calls because one of the heat pumps is not working. Now I have another heat pump that is not working. When they fail they go on to strip heating that drives up my light bill so I now check weekly to make sure the fans are turning which is the only way I can be sure the heat pump is working. We have had a Lenox rep out here and have changed to a new HVAC company but the problems continue. If this new repair is over $500.00 I am going to replace the unit and start to rid myself of these. I want Lenox out of my life.

Date created: 2011-01-04 Name: katrina blackwood
Location: gulfport ms

"Do not buy"
Our unit is only 4 years 10 months old the compressor fan went bad.. cost 300 even under warrenty. They said the coils are corroding and none of my neighbors cheap units are doing this. do not buy lennox

Date created: 2011-01-02 Name: M. Allen
Location: Union, MO

"Lennox 19 SERE Heat Pump"
I had complete Unit put in just over 4 years ago. Since then I had to put a New Unit in right away because of the noise. They had to come back again and put a new mother board in. The Compressor went out when less than 4 years old and cost me $900. 6 Months later it went out again which Lennox paid for. When B&S Heating and cooling (Union MO) replaced the compressor last time they didn't change the filter. After reading the warranty I found out that it must be replaced when changing the compressor or it will void the warranty. It sounds like its getting ready to go out again. I wished I never would of replaced my old one that was 15 years old and I never had a problem with it. Lennox is the worst and so is the local dealer.

Date created: 2010-12-29 Name: M. Huff

"Had enough"
A Lennox HPXA12 unit was installed when I bought my new house in 2005. First the refrigerant leaked out one year, next the Lennox wall thermostat had died, and now finally after 5 years the compressor motor is locked up. I just checked the capacitor and it is fine so the compressor is indeed toast. The quote from the local HVAC Lennox dealer is over $2k. I'm planning on scrapping the entire system and installing a good old fashioned wood/coal furnace. Right now my primary source of heat is ventless propane heaters. Only the wealthy can afford to own a Lennox.

Date created: 2010-12-28 Name: B Bemmels
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada

"Do not Buy Lennox HP!"
We bought a Lennox XP25 heat pump 15 months ago and our story is similar to others posted here - nothing but problems! In 15 months we have had 9 service calls, tomorrow will be number 10. Fortunately it is all under warranty, but this is extremely annoying. So for they have replaced all sensors, the defrost board, and compressor. Still doesn't work properly. It worked fine during cooling season last summer, but it does not work for heating if temperature is below 45 F. Runs for hours just blowing cold air. Now the compressor is so loud I could hear it half a block away. Nothing consistent, just endless problems of it not working. We really regret buying this $6,700 piece of junk. Stay away! Do not buy one!