Consumer Reviews of Lennox heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Lennox heat pumps

Date created: 2011-01-29 Name: Scott
Location: Willow Spring NC

"Pissed in Raleigh"
We purchased 3 new Lennox heatpumps in 2007 for our new home after the HVAC rep insisted it would be the most reliable system I could own. After reading all of the other comments and problems my stomach aches. Everyone has had the exact problem I have encountered. Bad compressers bad fan motors, circuit boards, relays, thermostats, lost coolant and $100;s or $1000's of dollars in electric bills for the systems running on heat strips. WFT? Can't we form a class action suit against them for poor quality? Misleading advertising?

Date created: 2011-01-28 Name: B. Lindau
Location: Nebraska

"Thermal Expansion Valve and Defrost resistor"
The Lennox heat pump installed in our new home is less than two years old and already the Thermal Expansion valve required replacement. Service person also found that there is a discharge sensor fault and this indicates there is a bad resistor. This requires that the entire wiring harness needs replacement. Not only did our electric bill skyrocket when the TEV malfunctioned now here comes the repair bills. It is worth it to me to junk this worthless Lennox product and get a TRAIN unit.
Date created: 2011-01-26 Name: John Roach
Location: Charleston SC

"Very disappointed"
New system-2nd winter: had to replace compressor, o/d TXV & bi-flow drier = $928 (supposedly labor only?)
Date created: 2011-01-26 Name: Jon_Doh
Location: North Carolina

"Made In China Crap"
New Lennox heat pump installed in 2005 and the fan motor has failed twice. Not surprisingly, their motors are made in China.
Date created: 2011-01-23 Name: ronald saunier
Location: salem oh

"Thank for nothing"
Ibought a new lenox france and heat pump in 95 and i had it serviced regrally and now they tell me my heat pump burned up i can not get a new one i have buy the a new furace and heat pump you people that made this peice of junk. i will tell all my freind what a peice of junk you people sell
Date created: 2011-01-22 Name: T, House
Location: Olympia, WA

"Very Quiet"
I just had a XP14 installed last week by One Hour and it is great how quiet is.
Date created: 2011-01-15 Name: J. Campbell
Location: Montreal, Canada

"Heat Pump"
We bought a new Lennox heat pump in 2007 and the expansion valve has failed every year requiring replacement. The valve cost $175 plus installation each time. In my opinion, a piece of garbage and wouldn't recommend to anyone I know!
Date created: 2011-01-14 Name: S. Smith
Location: Lansdale,Pa

"Another Lennox Lemon"
Bought a new complete heat pump system indoor and outdoor unit on October 5th,2006. One week after the one year warranty the outdoor compressor fan seizes up. Service man came to house and after shelling out $300 he imformed me that Lennox and other manufacturers have stopped using American made fans and they now use Chinese units that are seizing up in greater quantity. One and a half years later the unit stops working with a low pressure lockout. Service man discovers low freon in the system and kindly imforms me it will be another $435 charge. One and a half years and again a low pressure lockout and no heat pump for 3 days. Service man imforms me that the factory solder on the low pressure side of the compressor has a very slow leak in it and that it will cost $635 to evacuate freon, repair the solder joint, and replace the line filter but not for 2 weeks because they are backed up. Some people will say that the service stinks but this is not the case. I originally wanted a York unit reinstalled in my house but the salesman convince me that the Lennox was a better unit with higheer Seer rating than the York unit. What a mistake I have made. I spent $6500 for the unit, $300 for a fan, $435 for service call and freon, and $635 for a repair on a factory solder. What do you think are my chances with Lennox Consumer Affairs? Slim and None.
Date created: 2011-01-14 Name: Gloria Schultz
Location: Garner, NC

"Do Not Buy Lennox!"
My heat pump is 14 months old and was defective when installed. I have a 10 year parts and service warranty and now the company that installed it wants $2,500.00 to fix it. The defrosters have never worked (even after the board and sensors were replaced), the High Pressure Switch had to be replaced, and now the coil ruptured and let out all the freon. Not only is the heat pump a piece of junk, the companay that sells them has no idea what they are doing when they come out to do a quote. Lennox apparently isn't choosey about who is allowed to represent them.
Date created: 2011-01-13 Name: Lynda
Location: Winnabow, NC

"Don't buy a Lennox"
Our unit is not even 5 1/2 years old. The first year we had to add 3lbs coolant. The next year we had to replace the fan motor. Then the air flaps have had to be replace every year since we've had it and now the coil is leaking and Lennox will not cover it under warranty because the do not go over 5 years. We only called a tech to look at it because the last few months our electric bill kept going up alot. I waited for 1 hour and 45 min for someone from Lennox to talk to me and to tell me too bad. Never, Never, Never buy a Lennox!!!!!!!!!