Consumer Reviews of Lennox heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Lennox heat pumps

Date created: 2011-02-12 Name: t. whalen
Location: Goode va.

"Fin problem."
I was wondering if anyone has the same problem I have. The fins on the coil are falling off, leaving the copper tubing exposed. This is happening all around the bottom. From about 1 foot up. I was told by field tech that it would cost "me" about $600 to repair. Could be more if warrenty has expired, thats only a few months away. I am hoping to get feedback so I can pass it on to them. Other than that, the unit works fine.

Date created: 2011-02-12 Name: J. Young
Location: Atlanta, Indiana

"Has worked well in Indiana for 17 years - still going"
We bought the highest efficiency 5 ton heat pump you could buy in 1993. It is still running well. We did have to replace a relay and capacitor but I consider that minor for 17 years of use. Most heat pumps are not really supposed to run below about 32 but we keep ours running to below zero. Below 32 it can't raise the temperature of the house but it keeps the temperature fairly well. Depending on the wind it will maintain the temperature down to 10 above to 15 below. We use gas as a backup and to defrost. Temperature coming out of the register when it is 40 outside is 100. When it is 12 the temperature coming out of the register was 84. Would still like to find a heat pump that is made to work below 32 degrees as propane is very very expensive. The unit outside is very quiet. I do get somewhat tired of hearing the blower motor run and when it is below 32 you can pretty much expect to hear the blower run all day and night.
Date created: 2011-02-11 Name: Bruce Holmes
Location: Easton, PA

"Money Squandered on Lennox heat pump"
This is the second year for my Lennox heat pump and also the second February that it didn't work. They have replaced the ambient sensor, the defrost control board (twice), and I'm currrently waiting for a new expansion valve from the factory - two week wait so far. Worse, the installer (Edwin Stipe Inc.) has given up any pretense of 'service'. His advise is "it won't work if the temperature is under 35 degrees." What a piece of crap.
Date created: 2011-02-05 Name: Pete
Location: State College Pa.

"Mr."
I thought I had the heat pump from hell until I read the other complaints. They are the same as mine! New outdoor unit installed after the 6 year old original failed. Next I needed a new compressor in new outdoor unit after 2 years. Currently, after only 3 years, I need another compressor (this is #3) a TXZ valve, and there is a suspicion of a leak. I think we need to find a good law firm and we should file a class action suit. Anyone interested?
Date created: 2011-02-04 Name: Todd
Location: mt pleasant PA

We have been in our home for 4 years now and this will be second year in row we had to have pump repaired under warranty though we will pay nearly $900 again for labor and to have it recharged. Lennox sucks I want to sue them for this junk of a product and worst yet you have to fight with them in order to receive the parts they actually warranty.I want to spread this news everywhere so that lennox goes out of business because their product stinks.
Date created: 2011-01-31 Name: Greg Peterson
Location: Schertz, TX

"Another Repair"
I purchased my first Lennox system four years ago and in the past 45 days I have had to recharge the system three times, replace the coil, and today they are replacing the compressor. The parts are under warranty, however labor is not and every time they recharge the system the coolant is very expensive. I am extremely disappointed in the quality of the Lennox system we received and I will not purchase another Lennox system.
Date created: 2011-01-31 Name: Ron Rohrabaugh
Location: Mount Pleasant, PA

"Lennox is Junk"
We bought a brand new system 2007 and every winter we have a problem with it. This year the outside unit keeps freezing up. I've been dealing with this problem since December 2010 and a thousand dollars later I still have it freezing up. I've called Lennox so many times and talked to their consumer affairs people and they are just down right rude. I talked to the Lennox field rep and he is just as bad. Lennox is blaiming it on the techs and the techs are blaming it on Lennox (even though I had three different companys out here to look at it) Lennox is just junk and they dont seem to care about their customers. I just want this problem fixed. I have too much money in it now to start over.
Date created: 2011-01-29 Name: Scott
Location: Willow Spring NC

"Pissed in Raleigh"
We purchased 3 new Lennox heatpumps in 2007 for our new home after the HVAC rep insisted it would be the most reliable system I could own. After reading all of the other comments and problems my stomach aches. Everyone has had the exact problem I have encountered. Bad compressers bad fan motors, circuit boards, relays, thermostats, lost coolant and $100;s or $1000's of dollars in electric bills for the systems running on heat strips. WFT? Can't we form a class action suit against them for poor quality? Misleading advertising?
Date created: 2011-01-28 Name: B. Lindau
Location: Nebraska

"Thermal Expansion Valve and Defrost resistor"
The Lennox heat pump installed in our new home is less than two years old and already the Thermal Expansion valve required replacement. Service person also found that there is a discharge sensor fault and this indicates there is a bad resistor. This requires that the entire wiring harness needs replacement. Not only did our electric bill skyrocket when the TEV malfunctioned now here comes the repair bills. It is worth it to me to junk this worthless Lennox product and get a TRAIN unit.
Date created: 2011-01-26 Name: John Roach
Location: Charleston SC

"Very disappointed"
New system-2nd winter: had to replace compressor, o/d TXV & bi-flow drier = $928 (supposedly labor only?)