Consumer Reviews of Lennox heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Lennox heat pumps

Date created: 2011-08-30 Name: B.A.Jones
Location: Louisville,Ky

"Satisfied but still changing brands"
I had Lennox heat pump system installed in my new home 27 years ago. Replaced inside air handler 5years ago. Very satisfying but heat pump finally quit. I have decided to go with another brand because of price and reviews of all brands including Lennox. No one seems satisfied. I am staying with the r22 because of my air handler. My friend installer says that is a big problem with newer models. The newer refrigerant doesn't seem to be working as good as the old r22. Plus you can get some good deals on r22 dry charge units. Going with a Ruud for no other reason than I can pick it up here in town and the price is right, about $1000. It looks like you're taking a chance whatever you buy.

Date created: 2011-08-10 Name: D Allison
Location: Penticton, British Columbia

"Never again a lennox"
We never felt this unit reduced our heating and cooling costs. We had regular maintenance done. Four months after the warranty ended, the compressor went. While the local dealer in Penticton tried to be helpful, head office and the area manager were not sympathetic or helpful at all. For $3000 in repairs, I will purchase a new heat pump and it will not be a Lennox. By the way, the 10 year warranty doesn't go from the install date. It's from when the unit was made!
Date created: 2011-07-19 Name: PATTY CLIPNER
Location: CHILLICOTHE,OHIO

"PROBLEMS FROM THE START"
We had a Lennox heat pump and furnace unit installed less than a year ago. First off we notice a loud noise each time the furnace came on and the lights would dim. Called the installer who put on a part that they stated would not pull as much power when the heat pump kicked in. This didn't stop the problem. Then we had a fire in the electric box just a few days after installation. Was told by electrician that the old wire from prior furnace was used on the new unit and was not efficient for the new furnace/heat pump. They (the installers) refused to compensate for new electric box and wiring we had to install. Came home from work today and heard a noise from the heat pump only to find that now the bearings are bad. Called and the person they sent out to check it said that it is an 845rpm motor and is hard to find part. Not even a year old and it has cost us more that keeping the old system we had. Never would recommend a Lennox, sorry!
Date created: 2011-07-18 Name: Maggy
Location: New Brunswick, Canada

"Worst quality possible"
I had a Lennox heat pump installed with my newly built home in 2001 and something has broken on it at least once a year. My installer has been great at fixing it but the quality of this product is unacceptable. From what I can recall, the following items have been replaced: three fan motors, one compressor, a shut off switch of some sort and a controller board. The efficiency of the unit has not been what I expected. a coworker had the exact same unit installed around the same time and he has had identical problems. All around poor product and poor support from the manufacturer.
Date created: 2011-06-29 Name: Louise Fetaz
Location: Maple Ridge, BC

"Piece of junk! confirmed"
I bought a home with an existing 15 year old Lennox A/C. when it failed four years ago I was talked into a Lennox heat-pump. I am unsure that it ever really worked. I have had it serviced at least four times a year - compressors, valves, various excuses but always the same non-use. The company which sold it is now out of business. Paid $650 so far this year and I think the blades whirled for one day. After reading the rest of these reviews I wonder if it wouldn't be better to cut my losses and get a different A/C - NEVER a Lennox again.
Date created: 2011-06-13 Name: J Roach
Location: Parksville, B.C. Canada

"Poor workmanship, warranty sucks"
Commercial HVAC KHA12054BN Leaked all refrigerant into Dining room due too poor soldered connection, aux heat element wire burnt off blowing fuse and outdoor fan motor shaft broke damaging fan blade. Billed for labor and freon because Lennox does not cover labor or freon under warranty regardless if it is poor workmanship. Talked with factory rep and told labor or freon not covered no matter what the reason. I do fully understand their reasoning after all if you do sell an inferior product why would you stand behind it. I will also notify the rest of the hotel chain we are part of to warn them of our experience. Buyer Beware and those that have these experiences please list your problems online eventually consumer pressure will help improve product quality.
Date created: 2011-05-31 Name: Tonya Holmes
Location: Ellenwood

"Very unsatisfied"
I have had too many problems to list with my unit. How do we get action and not just keep complaining to others who are suffering as we are? I would never trust Lennox again after the 5 year experience that I have had. "Everyone excells at passing the buck" should be their company motto.
Date created: 2011-05-29 Name: Fran Horton
Location: Yukon, OKlahoma

"2008 Lennox Heat Pump woes"
Our old Lennox heat pump lasted for over 20 years before it gave out. In the spring of 2008 we had ours replaced with a new heat pump and have had nothing but trouble since. After numerous service calls and replacement parts we are now in our 3rd year on this lemmon and once again, when we need it most it breaks. What is going on? Does no one know how to fix anything? Or this is just a very bad product. Whatever it is I feel we are being nickel and dimed to death..personally I would never recomment a Lennox anything to anyone and I think they should be made to recall their lousy products. And Please, your terms of service is to change what I am saying about this product if you want? What is that about?
Date created: 2011-05-25 Location: Boise, ID

"The Lennox Heat Pump Experience"
Well I have owned this specific Lennox Heat Pump or so to say furnace, or air conditioner, for about 2 years and that was the time when I wanted to get rid of it. This specific heat pump, but I'm sure there are other brands that are worse off than this one didn't really function the way it was supposed to. Well first, I will start off with the pros. The main pro from this heat pump was the fact that it served the "name" purpose of the product, it blew hot air which is good for the cold days and also it is a good ranged product for the average consumer. The con of this product I have to say is that it is extremely bad for summer due to the fact it blew "hot" air and also, it costs quite a lot of money to repair. I have spent quite a few dollars replacing the cooling fans on this product due to the fact that the fans would not rotate creating the cold air. I personally sold this brand heat pump and just decided to save money by buying a personal heater and fan so I save on electricity, but also have the portability aspect covered. I personally would not recommend this product, but maybe I had a defective product, but if you're a median ended family than this may be just right for you.
Date created: 2011-05-17 Name: Tony

"Dumb Homeowners"
To all the people complaining about Lennox products and about compressers failing and other such things. I hate to tell you but its your fault that you dont do your homework when you hire a company to install your equiptment. The reason that all the compressers go bad is because the fly by companies dont flush the systems or replace the linesets. The 410 systems need to be flushed or the lineset needs to be replaced. Buyer be ware do your home work and hire a company that knows what they are doing.Lennox is a great brand