Consumer Reviews of Lennox heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Lennox heat pumps

Date created: 2011-07-18 Name: Maggy
Location: New Brunswick, Canada

"Worst quality possible"
I had a Lennox heat pump installed with my newly built home in 2001 and something has broken on it at least once a year. My installer has been great at fixing it but the quality of this product is unacceptable. From what I can recall, the following items have been replaced: three fan motors, one compressor, a shut off switch of some sort and a controller board. The efficiency of the unit has not been what I expected. a coworker had the exact same unit installed around the same time and he has had identical problems. All around poor product and poor support from the manufacturer.

Date created: 2011-06-29 Name: Louise Fetaz
Location: Maple Ridge, BC

"Piece of junk! confirmed"
I bought a home with an existing 15 year old Lennox A/C. when it failed four years ago I was talked into a Lennox heat-pump. I am unsure that it ever really worked. I have had it serviced at least four times a year - compressors, valves, various excuses but always the same non-use. The company which sold it is now out of business. Paid $650 so far this year and I think the blades whirled for one day. After reading the rest of these reviews I wonder if it wouldn't be better to cut my losses and get a different A/C - NEVER a Lennox again.

Date created: 2011-06-13 Name: J Roach
Location: Parksville, B.C. Canada

"Poor workmanship, warranty sucks"
Commercial HVAC KHA12054BN Leaked all refrigerant into Dining room due too poor soldered connection, aux heat element wire burnt off blowing fuse and outdoor fan motor shaft broke damaging fan blade. Billed for labor and freon because Lennox does not cover labor or freon under warranty regardless if it is poor workmanship. Talked with factory rep and told labor or freon not covered no matter what the reason. I do fully understand their reasoning after all if you do sell an inferior product why would you stand behind it. I will also notify the rest of the hotel chain we are part of to warn them of our experience. Buyer Beware and those that have these experiences please list your problems online eventually consumer pressure will help improve product quality.

Date created: 2011-05-31 Name: Tonya Holmes
Location: Ellenwood

"Very unsatisfied"
I have had too many problems to list with my unit. How do we get action and not just keep complaining to others who are suffering as we are? I would never trust Lennox again after the 5 year experience that I have had. "Everyone excells at passing the buck" should be their company motto.

Date created: 2011-05-29 Name: Fran Horton
Location: Yukon, OKlahoma

"2008 Lennox Heat Pump woes"
Our old Lennox heat pump lasted for over 20 years before it gave out. In the spring of 2008 we had ours replaced with a new heat pump and have had nothing but trouble since. After numerous service calls and replacement parts we are now in our 3rd year on this lemmon and once again, when we need it most it breaks. What is going on? Does no one know how to fix anything? Or this is just a very bad product. Whatever it is I feel we are being nickel and dimed to death..personally I would never recomment a Lennox anything to anyone and I think they should be made to recall their lousy products. And Please, your terms of service is to change what I am saying about this product if you want? What is that about?

Date created: 2011-05-25 Location: Boise, ID

"The Lennox Heat Pump Experience"
Well I have owned this specific Lennox Heat Pump or so to say furnace, or air conditioner, for about 2 years and that was the time when I wanted to get rid of it. This specific heat pump, but I'm sure there are other brands that are worse off than this one didn't really function the way it was supposed to. Well first, I will start off with the pros. The main pro from this heat pump was the fact that it served the "name" purpose of the product, it blew hot air which is good for the cold days and also it is a good ranged product for the average consumer. The con of this product I have to say is that it is extremely bad for summer due to the fact it blew "hot" air and also, it costs quite a lot of money to repair. I have spent quite a few dollars replacing the cooling fans on this product due to the fact that the fans would not rotate creating the cold air. I personally sold this brand heat pump and just decided to save money by buying a personal heater and fan so I save on electricity, but also have the portability aspect covered. I personally would not recommend this product, but maybe I had a defective product, but if you're a median ended family than this may be just right for you.

Date created: 2011-05-17 Name: Tony

"Dumb Homeowners"
To all the people complaining about Lennox products and about compressers failing and other such things. I hate to tell you but its your fault that you dont do your homework when you hire a company to install your equiptment. The reason that all the compressers go bad is because the fly by companies dont flush the systems or replace the linesets. The 410 systems need to be flushed or the lineset needs to be replaced. Buyer be ware do your home work and hire a company that knows what they are doing.Lennox is a great brand

Date created: 2011-05-11 Name: R. Summer
Location: Newberry, SC

"Very Low Quality"
Compressor gave out after less than 5 years. Even though under warranty cost over $800 to install new compressor. Lennox does not cover labor. I would not recommend this brand. Go with Carrier - I have never had a problem with Carrier units.

Date created: 2011-05-06 Location: Macomb, MI

"A Very Quiet Experience"
I have owned my XP21 heat pump for about a couple of weeks now. I like the fact that it is so quiet compared to the one which I had owned previously. I mean seriously my old one was so loud that it would drive me insane at times. There are not many things that I dislike about this product except maybe just one minor thing which is that when I first got it I had trouble understanding how to use it. Maybe it was just me but, afterwords now I have not problem figuring it out. I have not needed to repair or replace it yet and hope not too for a long time because I just recently got it. I would buy the same again if I had another home or even tell my buddies to give it a try because things in my home are really peaceful now.

Date created: 2011-04-29 Location: Frederick Maryland.

"My Review of The Heat pump"
I have owned my heat pump for approximately six months. It has never worked properly for heating purposes at all, especially during the winter months. The unit shuts off or will blow cold air into my home, rather than heat. The only way to heat my home is to use the emergency heat option on the unit which can be very costly. I have had to reset the unit several times in order for it to actually work. I have had several technicians out to my home to look at the unit, and they have had to reset it, or give it a boost in order for it to work. During the spring/summer months, the cooling system works much better. It blows cold air which can cool my home down quickly. I would never buy the same brand of heat pump again, in fact i would prefer not to use a heat pump at all as it is very costly and for a unit that rarely works it is not economical.