Consumer Reviews of LENNOX heat pumps

Read more about LENNOX heat pumps

Date created: 2012-04-24 Name: B. Vessells
Location: Lake Havasu AZ

"10 years and still running very well"
After ten years now with our Lennox model hp21 2 speed I have very few complaints, a fan motor and a capcitor was replaced, which was under warranty so I'm pretty confused by all of the low ratings. We live in az where temps are very extreme and our power bill is 1/2 what neighbors are and the house is always cool. Unit is a little noisy but thats about it as far as complaints. If history is the guide than I'm very pleased with Lennox

Date created: 2012-04-06 Name: C Allen
Location: St Simons Island

"21 year old work horse will be missed"
Our Lennox heat pump just started leaking freon. We will replace it and found out it is 21 years old . We bought the house 6 years ago. It has never given us a day of trouble. It will be sadly missed.

Date created: 2012-02-17 Name: C.Rigby
Location: Peterborough, Ontario

"Almost done with Lennox"
Glad I found this informative site. I am currently in a very unsatisfied mood with Lennox. Several years ago, it was a furnace issue. Less than six months ago, I had a top of line Lennox heat pump installed. It makes loud frightening noises when it reverses in the heating cycle. Our house is small so the unit should easily heat our home. The dealer replaced the first unit, now the second one is doing the same stuff. The Lennox rep has been here twice. The first time consumer service was terrible. The second time the man was clearly wore out; most likely due to the numerous complaints over the company he had to represent. I am now heating the house in "emergency mode" with oil. The heat pump is off. Oh I forgot to mentioned the second one also blew the fuse. At this point I will never have another heat pump. Now I have to wait.......I Thought I researched well....regretfully I never saw this site sooner........

Date created: 2011-12-09 Name: james C. Barnes
Location: Camdenton Mo.

"Hp29-030-1p"
We put in Lennox heat pump 10 years ago. The compressor was replaced 5 years ago and now 5 years later we need another new compressor. We are replacing the whole unit with another brand that will hopefully last more than 5 years. We are very unsatisfied with your product and your advertising how reliable they are--Dave Lennox --I wouldn't talk on T.V. any more-- you're a sham.

Date created: 2011-08-30 Name: B.A.Jones
Location: Louisville,Ky

"Satisfied but still changing brands"
I had Lennox heat pump system installed in my new home 27 years ago. Replaced inside air handler 5years ago. Very satisfying but heat pump finally quit. I have decided to go with another brand because of price and reviews of all brands including Lennox. No one seems satisfied. I am staying with the r22 because of my air handler. My friend installer says that is a big problem with newer models. The newer refrigerant doesn't seem to be working as good as the old r22. Plus you can get some good deals on r22 dry charge units. Going with a Ruud for no other reason than I can pick it up here in town and the price is right, about $1000. It looks like you're taking a chance whatever you buy.

Date created: 2011-08-10 Name: D Allison
Location: Penticton, British Columbia

"Never again a lennox"
We never felt this unit reduced our heating and cooling costs. We had regular maintenance done. Four months after the warranty ended, the compressor went. While the local dealer in Penticton tried to be helpful, head office and the area manager were not sympathetic or helpful at all. For $3000 in repairs, I will purchase a new heat pump and it will not be a Lennox. By the way, the 10 year warranty doesn't go from the install date. It's from when the unit was made!

Date created: 2011-07-19 Name: PATTY CLIPNER
Location: CHILLICOTHE,OHIO

"PROBLEMS FROM THE START"
We had a Lennox heat pump and furnace unit installed less than a year ago. First off we notice a loud noise each time the furnace came on and the lights would dim. Called the installer who put on a part that they stated would not pull as much power when the heat pump kicked in. This didn't stop the problem. Then we had a fire in the electric box just a few days after installation. Was told by electrician that the old wire from prior furnace was used on the new unit and was not efficient for the new furnace/heat pump. They (the installers) refused to compensate for new electric box and wiring we had to install. Came home from work today and heard a noise from the heat pump only to find that now the bearings are bad. Called and the person they sent out to check it said that it is an 845rpm motor and is hard to find part. Not even a year old and it has cost us more that keeping the old system we had. Never would recommend a Lennox, sorry!

Date created: 2011-07-18 Name: Maggy
Location: New Brunswick, Canada

"Worst quality possible"
I had a Lennox heat pump installed with my newly built home in 2001 and something has broken on it at least once a year. My installer has been great at fixing it but the quality of this product is unacceptable. From what I can recall, the following items have been replaced: three fan motors, one compressor, a shut off switch of some sort and a controller board. The efficiency of the unit has not been what I expected. a coworker had the exact same unit installed around the same time and he has had identical problems. All around poor product and poor support from the manufacturer.

Date created: 2011-06-29 Name: Louise Fetaz
Location: Maple Ridge, BC

"Piece of junk! confirmed"
I bought a home with an existing 15 year old Lennox A/C. when it failed four years ago I was talked into a Lennox heat-pump. I am unsure that it ever really worked. I have had it serviced at least four times a year - compressors, valves, various excuses but always the same non-use. The company which sold it is now out of business. Paid $650 so far this year and I think the blades whirled for one day. After reading the rest of these reviews I wonder if it wouldn't be better to cut my losses and get a different A/C - NEVER a Lennox again.

Date created: 2011-06-13 Name: J Roach
Location: Parksville, B.C. Canada

"Poor workmanship, warranty sucks"
Commercial HVAC KHA12054BN Leaked all refrigerant into Dining room due too poor soldered connection, aux heat element wire burnt off blowing fuse and outdoor fan motor shaft broke damaging fan blade. Billed for labor and freon because Lennox does not cover labor or freon under warranty regardless if it is poor workmanship. Talked with factory rep and told labor or freon not covered no matter what the reason. I do fully understand their reasoning after all if you do sell an inferior product why would you stand behind it. I will also notify the rest of the hotel chain we are part of to warn them of our experience. Buyer Beware and those that have these experiences please list your problems online eventually consumer pressure will help improve product quality.