Consumer Reviews of Lennox heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Lennox heat pumps

Date created: 2014-11-06 Name: D. Shaw
Location: Florida

"Replaced most parts"
Even though I purchased a ten-year warranty, I have had parts replaced practically every year. Just about every major and minor part has been replaced, even though I pay to have it serviced twice a year. It the worst, in terms of reliability, that I have had.

Date created: 2014-10-18 Name: R.Piché
Location: Montreal, Québec, Canada

"Good work horse"
Bought the unit back in 1990. Other than a few minor repairs (about $500), it´s given me very reliable service. Other than having probably a poor HSPF and a low SEER, it did a nice job.
Date created: 2014-07-11 Name: B.W. Heat
Location: Atlanta, Ga

"You'd do better asking for herpes"
This thing is terrible. 5 out of 5 years had to get repaired. Now year 6 and the compressor went out. Not worth replacing unless I want to throw money at this thing every year. Lennox was a good name for a long time. Now, they make boat anchors masquerading as heat pumps.
Date created: 2014-04-23 Name: JT
Location: Georgia

"Replaced five compressors"
Lennox heat pump zone unit was installed in 2004. Have had to replace compressor approximately every two years. A total of five compressors replaced in a nine yr. Period. Dealer has been unable to find the problem. Lennox field rep. Refused to send a Lennox tech. Or an engineer out to trouble-shoot the problem. Have also had to replace the zone board and numerous other repairs unrelated to the compressor problem. Nevre want to hear the product name "Lennox" again.
Date created: 2013-09-09 Name: Dennis M. Woods
Location: 16 Harris Creek Road, HorseShoe Bend, ID. 83629

"XP17-36 Elite 17 Seer R410A Heat Pump"
My old heat pump over 36 months averaged 2709kw. The new heat pump over the last 26 months averaged 3031kw which is 322kw more per month. The new heat pump was to save me 20-30%. At 25% savings over my old heat pump, I should be using 999kw less than what I am. The company that sold it has checked it several times and say it is okay. The big boy from the factory came, studied my usage and the weather patterns over the last six years and determined it was the weather's fault. I wasn't convinced because I know that figures don't lie but liars do figure. I find it hard to believe the weather has been 30% more severe the last 26 months. Lennox was so proud of the unit they sold me, they don't even list the series or model in the heading of this review. If you decide to buy from Lennox, be careful. It's too late for me but not for you.
Date created: 2013-09-04 Name: Johnson
Location: Philadelphia, PA

"Went Out Early, But Lennox is Standing Behind It"
I bought one of the Dry Charge Lennox LPS13DC units as a replacement for a Trane XE1200 5 ton that was loud, bad, and doubling my electricity bill. The technician installed it immaculately. The unit worked perfectly for about a week and then gave up the ghost on at least the A/C portion of the heat pump (never got to use the heating portion). Needless to say, my antenna is up on this. But Lennox is standing by their product by giving me a new one, the unit was defective. I need to make sure that this doesn't cancel out my 5 year warranty though. When it worked, it was great. Am I worried about Lennox quality after this episode? I sure am, but as long as Lennox stands behind it, I will take the savings over getting a totally new system that would cost upwards of $9000.
Date created: 2013-06-22 Name: James Moore
Location: Tampa,FL

"Good Reliability for 10 Plus Years"
After reading reviews for air conditioning for my aunt who is replacing her unit after 25 years, I thought this is a good time to give my opinion on my Lennox heat pump that has only needed a run capacitor replaced in year 6 of its 11 year lifespan so far. I do not believe that we can expect these appliances to run 15-20 years under present manufacturing conditions(I.E. parts made with inferior metals). I do believe many problems stated are the result of poor installation. My unit is what was installed when house was built. Model 10hpb36-7p.
Date created: 2013-05-18 Name: S. Johnson

"Constant Issues"
I chose Lennox heat pumps for installation for my new home 13 years ago. Split units x 2. Issues started within days of installation. I have had complete failure of cooling on 20 occasions with the related service calls and part replacements. The problems continued after the warranty ran out. Just had complete failure and replacement of the outside unit at year 13 due to part costs.
Date created: 2013-04-26 Name: jeffgppp
Location: Ocoee, FL

"Poor quality"
Very disappointed to my Lennox unit. I purchased a CBX27UH last November of 2009. After 3 1/2 years I have to replace the evaporator. I had an old Carrier that came with the house built in 1993 and other than regular yearly maintenance, it lasted till 2009. I purchased this unit due to the Lennox name and reputation. Now, just the labor to replace the part is about 10% of what I paid for the unit. I wonder what the next 13 years will bring, especially once it is out of warranty in another year and a half!
Date created: 2013-04-13 Name: J Grindon
Location: Kamloops BC

"Not happy"
Problems started just within warranty period. Maybe not!!! Have had to be jump started a couple of times a year since new. I was told this is normal. For the past 6 months have been trying to have the problem fixed with no success. Heat pump shuts down and the furnace fan will keep running for hours cooling the house to about 5 degrees below where the temperature is set. Not very impressed with paying for a new furnace and heat pump when the old one worked better than the new.