Consumer Reviews of LENNOX heat pumps

Read more about LENNOX heat pumps

Date created: 2013-06-22 Name: James Moore
Location: Tampa,FL

"Good Reliability for 10 Plus Years"
After reading reviews for air conditioning for my aunt who is replacing her unit after 25 years, I thought this is a good time to give my opinion on my Lennox heat pump that has only needed a run capacitor replaced in year 6 of its 11 year lifespan so far. I do not believe that we can expect these appliances to run 15-20 years under present manufacturing conditions(I.E. parts made with inferior metals). I do believe many problems stated are the result of poor installation. My unit is what was installed when house was built. Model 10hpb36-7p.

Date created: 2013-05-18 Name: S. Johnson

"Constant Issues"
I chose Lennox heat pumps for installation for my new home 13 years ago. Split units x 2. Issues started within days of installation. I have had complete failure of cooling on 20 occasions with the related service calls and part replacements. The problems continued after the warranty ran out. Just had complete failure and replacement of the outside unit at year 13 due to part costs.

Date created: 2013-04-26 Name: jeffgppp
Location: Ocoee, FL

"Poor quality"
Very disappointed to my Lennox unit. I purchased a CBX27UH last November of 2009. After 3 1/2 years I have to replace the evaporator. I had an old Carrier that came with the house built in 1993 and other than regular yearly maintenance, it lasted till 2009. I purchased this unit due to the Lennox name and reputation. Now, just the labor to replace the part is about 10% of what I paid for the unit. I wonder what the next 13 years will bring, especially once it is out of warranty in another year and a half!

Date created: 2013-04-13 Name: J Grindon
Location: Kamloops BC

"Not happy"
Problems started just within warranty period. Maybe not!!! Have had to be jump started a couple of times a year since new. I was told this is normal. For the past 6 months have been trying to have the problem fixed with no success. Heat pump shuts down and the furnace fan will keep running for hours cooling the house to about 5 degrees below where the temperature is set. Not very impressed with paying for a new furnace and heat pump when the old one worked better than the new.

Date created: 2013-03-27 Name: Tom
Location: Ohio

"Never shuts off"
Unit never shuts off. Set it at 68 and it goes to 67.5, then blows cold air until back to 67, goes back to heat to 67.5, then cold Air again. Cycle again. Problems started at three years. Company no help. Everything has been replaced at least once. Electric bills have doubled. Any suggestions?

Date created: 2012-12-11 Name: Jacques Poulin
Location: Montreal

"Worse purchase of my life"
Had the product installed late 2004. Problems started in 2007. Had 17 repair calls and $5200 of repair bills since. Virtually every part failed, including the compressor. The worse thing is I hardly used it as we cool perhaps 10 days each summer and the heating is limited only during the spring and fall before the furnace takes over at low temperature. In my book, Lennox equates to only problems, expenses and anger.

Date created: 2012-12-08 Name: S. Bennett
Location: Edgewater, FL

"PIECE of CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
We purchased this unit in May 2010. On Thanksgiving Day 2012 the unit ran for 4 hours and only brought the temp up 2 degrees. Service tech came and said it was a Manufactures defect the coil was leaking and it took 8 lbs of freon at that time. He ordered a new coil, which he said was under Warranty and it was replaced. I did not expect to pay a cent due to the unit being just over 2 yrs old. When we got a bill for over $500.00 I refused to pay and told him I felt the Manufactuor should foot the bill as it was not my fault the product was defective and they knew it.

Date created: 2012-07-18 Name: KIP JONES
Location: walla walla , wa

"PURE JUNK"
Poor system from day 1 - not happy with dealer or products- have 2 homes with lennox heat pumps, both require lots of maintenance and expensive repairs!

Date created: 2012-07-05 Name: Mrs.david Vollmar
Location: 400 Dutch hill Desoto mo.

"Mrs David Vollmar"
We have grown up with Lenox so when we built our new home that is what we got a a new furnish and heat pump . I thought it was the best bit boy was I wrong wrong wrong . We have had this unit for 5 years and every part and Irsn every part has had to be replaced . I will never buy another Lenox product again . This is the worst heat pump I have ever had. It is a 3 1/2 ton unit and it is what the company said we should have for our size home it is a peace of trash . And we bought the top model . Sorry we did not get another brand . So my feeling is all 100% thumbs down. It does not even get a star. Bad product.

Date created: 2012-06-17 Name: carrie
Location: indiana

"DO NOT BUY A LENNOX"
We got this heat pump in 2007 and have nothing but trouble with it. MAJOR Money pit! Do not buy a Lennox!