Consumer Reviews of LENNOX heat pumps

Read more about LENNOX heat pumps

Date created: 2015-08-15 Name: B CARPENTER
Location: Augusta, GA

"Surprised at the poor quality"
What's in a name? Nothing! My home is 5 years old and I began having problems during year # 2. In the contract the builder said most HVAC units last 15-22 years. Well,they need to change that to months. These 2 heat pumps are worthless and they are not cheap! There is no quality in a brand you think is reliable!

Date created: 2015-06-30 Name: T. Barnes
Location: Salisbury, MD

"Very unhappy with Lennox!"
Eight years ago we bought the top of the line 4 zone Lennox heat pump. We paid $20,000. We thought we were getting a well made, energy efficient system, made by a reputable company. Boy, are we sorry! We've had nothing but trouble with it since day one. We've had to replace the compressor and several other parts. It is so high tech, no reputable HVAC service person wants to work on it. The Lennox dealer we bought it from has since gone out of business. I always thought Lennox was the best! We will never buy another Lennox product. After reading all these bad reviews about how Lennox is not standing behind their product, at least we have the satisfaction of knowing we weren't the only people who made the mistake of trusting Lennox. I just wish I had read the reviews before we bought a Lennox. Never again!

Date created: 2015-05-01 Location: College Station, Tx

"Mediocre Heating with Heat Pump"
We have had this heat pump for one and a half year's. We had to replace an almost five year old unit that was original to the home. Our sales man told us that you get a much more efficient heat with a gas unit, however our home is all electric and the gas lines were not run up to the house to even give us an option. We find in the winter time that the air blowing out of the vents can feel cool and it does need to operate many mornings on the highest setting which means it can be considerably louder than we would like. Overall, as far as a heat pump is concerned, I think this works as well as any other, our home does get heated. We have not had to repair this unit and find that it is much more efficient than our previous unit that we had.

Date created: 2015-04-03 Location: los angeles

"Quiet unit that i love"
I've owned the XP13 Heat Pump system for the past 2 years now, and I couldn't be happier with it. I like that the system is extremely quick and heats, or cools down my home fast and efficiently. I own a town home, so because of the size this unit gets to each room within minutes of turning it. The only thing that I am dissatisfied with is I had to replace the Capacitor last year. But I believe because I live in Los Angeles where I use the it quite a lot, it damaged it. I would still buy this heater pump again if I had too because I just feel like its prefect for my home and life style. Being someone who gets hot a lot, and even in the winter very cold. I want my home to cool down or heat up very fast. I also like a sound sleep, so it working quietly always is top priority.

Date created: 2014-11-06 Name: D. Shaw
Location: Florida

"Replaced most parts"
Even though I purchased a ten-year warranty, I have had parts replaced practically every year. Just about every major and minor part has been replaced, even though I pay to have it serviced twice a year. It the worst, in terms of reliability, that I have had.

Date created: 2014-10-18 Name: R.Piché
Location: Montreal, Québec, Canada

"Good work horse"
Bought the unit back in 1990. Other than a few minor repairs (about $500), it´s given me very reliable service. Other than having probably a poor HSPF and a low SEER, it did a nice job.

Date created: 2014-07-11 Name: B.W. Heat
Location: Atlanta, Ga

"You'd do better asking for herpes"
This thing is terrible. 5 out of 5 years had to get repaired. Now year 6 and the compressor went out. Not worth replacing unless I want to throw money at this thing every year. Lennox was a good name for a long time. Now, they make boat anchors masquerading as heat pumps.

Date created: 2014-04-23 Name: JT
Location: Georgia

"Replaced five compressors"
Lennox heat pump zone unit was installed in 2004. Have had to replace compressor approximately every two years. A total of five compressors replaced in a nine yr. Period. Dealer has been unable to find the problem. Lennox field rep. Refused to send a Lennox tech. Or an engineer out to trouble-shoot the problem. Have also had to replace the zone board and numerous other repairs unrelated to the compressor problem. Nevre want to hear the product name "Lennox" again.

Date created: 2013-09-09 Name: Dennis M. Woods
Location: 16 Harris Creek Road, HorseShoe Bend, ID. 83629

"XP17-36 Elite 17 Seer R410A Heat Pump"
My old heat pump over 36 months averaged 2709kw. The new heat pump over the last 26 months averaged 3031kw which is 322kw more per month. The new heat pump was to save me 20-30%. At 25% savings over my old heat pump, I should be using 999kw less than what I am. The company that sold it has checked it several times and say it is okay. The big boy from the factory came, studied my usage and the weather patterns over the last six years and determined it was the weather's fault. I wasn't convinced because I know that figures don't lie but liars do figure. I find it hard to believe the weather has been 30% more severe the last 26 months. Lennox was so proud of the unit they sold me, they don't even list the series or model in the heading of this review. If you decide to buy from Lennox, be careful. It's too late for me but not for you.

Date created: 2013-09-04 Name: Johnson
Location: Philadelphia, PA

"Went Out Early, But Lennox is Standing Behind It"
I bought one of the Dry Charge Lennox LPS13DC units as a replacement for a Trane XE1200 5 ton that was loud, bad, and doubling my electricity bill. The technician installed it immaculately. The unit worked perfectly for about a week and then gave up the ghost on at least the A/C portion of the heat pump (never got to use the heating portion). Needless to say, my antenna is up on this. But Lennox is standing by their product by giving me a new one, the unit was defective. I need to make sure that this doesn't cancel out my 5 year warranty though. When it worked, it was great. Am I worried about Lennox quality after this episode? I sure am, but as long as Lennox stands behind it, I will take the savings over getting a totally new system that would cost upwards of $9000.