Consumer Reviews of Lennox heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Lennox heat pumps

Date created: 2007-01-03 Name: P. Kelly
Location: Wenatchee, WA

I built a new home 5 years ago and the builder installed a Lennox heat pump/furnace system. This is the first and only heat pump/furnace I have owned. Almost every 12 months something has failed. I have gone through 2 blower fans (though Lennox says they "cannot understand what has happened"), and twice my heat pump unit has failed. When my heat pump failed during a heat wave, I was told it was "too hot" for the air conditioner to run! When else do you need an air conditioner? The greatest insight I got was from a service technician. He stated that as Lennox has tried to make the parts cheaper and more energy efficient, they have had many more failures. Lennox has been horrible in their customer service. They do not return calls, promising you they will get back with you, have someone contact you, etc. and they never do. You have to constantly keep contacting them, threatening them, etc. Take my word for it. It is very difficult and expensive to change your home heating/cooling system. Do not buy a Lennox. Make sure your builder does not install a Lennox system without asking you.