Consumer Reviews of LENNOX heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about LENNOX heat pumps

Date created: 2008-07-07 Name: Brian Westlake
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana

"HP22-511-1P a few bumps but nothing major"
The unit was 6 years old when we moved in and initially just needed the correct fuses since ours were undersized. Worked great. 2 years later, simply needed a relay swapped out since the condensor would not shut off. 2 years after that, it needed the delay timer swapped out. Each time, only a bit of freon was needed so no leaks! A few months ago, it got a lil more expensive ($400) because we needed a new fan but at 13 yrs old, I wasn't surprised. Our avg monthly electric bill on a 2800 sqft house (all electric) with 20x40 swimming pool in Louisiana has only been $270 so I can't complain about that.

Date created: 2008-06-22 Name: Johnson
Location: Tucson, AZ

"Lennox makes junk"
Two years into a brand new house, my Lennox heat pump needed a new compressor motor, this thing is junk, and they set it up with a one year labor warranty, so you get taken to the cleaners on the labor, though the parts are supposedly under warranty, I'm not sure if I can change out the entire unit, I'd like to, everyone else who has owned one of these has had the same problem.

Date created: 2008-06-18 Name: D. Palmer

"Lennox rip-off"
To save the company the price of a $20 shut off valve it cost me over $850 in repair bills. You can bet I will never deal with Lennox again.

Date created: 2008-06-09 Name: J. Chase
Location: Nashville, TN

"Lennox all-in-one PHK10, 13 seer, R410-A"
Our Lennox is 15 months old. We were happy last summer with the 6 month old performance. We did notice however an increase in electric bills. This is the 2nd time we have run the A/C and it iced over and stopped cooling. Thermal expansion valve went bad. Part still under warranty ($191.00). But the $850.00 that Donelson A/C in Nashville wanted for labor and r410-a is absurd considering we gave them nearly $6,000.00 just 15 months ago. So not only does Lennox have quality control issues, but this Lennox dealer is taking advantage of customers.

Date created: 2008-06-09 Name: K Wilkins

"Lennox"
While it worked ok for most of the time owned, the fact that it died after just 12 years when it cost $7,000 works out to $600 / year to own this system. There was no reduction in heating or cooling cost. Our power company offers a rebate of $500 to install heat pumps. The economics don't work out.

Date created: 2008-06-08 Name: Joe Martin
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

"This unit a piece of junk..."
This unit was installed in June of '07. We've had nothing but problems since day 1. Had to have a service tech out at least 8 times to fix various problems. How is it that when your cooling unit runs constantly yet the temp in your house continues to go up???? Even had to have the owner of the dealership to visit and he assured me that this unit was top of the line. I had serious doubts. Will calling him tomorrow again...I'm sorry I even called them. Donít buy a Lennox !!!

Date created: 2008-06-01 Name: Brandi
Location: Waycross, GA

"Lennox has no clue"
When we moved in our home it came with a Lennox unit. Two days after we were here we began having problems with it. The unit leaks and floods our hardwood floors, the entire house is full of dust, we've replaced 2,000 dollars worth of parts in the past year alone. Total piece of junk.

Date created: 2008-05-25 Name: J Rowland
Location: Virginia

"My Lennox requires constant repairs"
In the fall of 2004, I purchased a house that had a 2001 top-of-the-line Lennox HVAC system installed. At the time of the home inspection, no problems were noted with the heating or cooling however my heating bills were high all winter. Every year I've had to pay for some sort of repair to get the unit to work. We've had the compressor replaced, the defrost board replaced, problems with fuses blowing, issues with intermittent cooling, problems with freon flowing through the system. Some work was done under warranty but the labor comes out of pocket (one service call was over $600). The weather is getting warm now & when I tried to turn on the AC guess what? It doesn't work. The fan blows warm air & the compressor doesn't come on. Last year I was told there may be a problem with the valve that controls the flow of freon and if it needs to be replaced the part is about $500. Someone is supposed to come out on Wednesday to diagnose the unit. In my opinion an HVAC system should not require yearly repairs after 4 years of use -- preventative maintenance is one thing but these are repairs that are averaging $500 per year. At this point, I am seriously considering replacing the Lennox unit with a different brand system. I'd never recommend Lennox to anyone.

Date created: 2008-04-23 Name: Don

I only had to replace a module on the unit once in all the years of service.

Date created: 2008-03-18 Name: S Smith
Location: Ohio

I will never own a Lennox unit again... it has cost me an average of about $500 a year in repair expenses. My electric bill is higher than anyone I know---Total junk from day one---