Consumer Reviews of Lennox heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Lennox heat pumps

Date created: 2008-10-23 Name: J. W. Smith
Location: Orlando, FL

"Expansion valve bad again, 5 years 4 valves"
Bought a new town home in 2003 with a Lennox heat pump/air conditioner. It worked well for three years. Then the expansion valve stopped working. Wouldn't cool or heat. Had the people that installed the unit make a service call. Imagine my surprise when I got the bill for almost $600.00. Guess what? Less than 90 days later it stopped working again. Valve replaced again under part warranty. Less than one week later, stopped working again. They replaced it again. Now, here it is seven months down the road and guess what? Air conditioner down again! Would I buy another Lennox unit? Not likely!!

Date created: 2008-09-13 Name: Jim Welch
Location: Grain Valley, MO

"Avoid Lennox"
Brand new unit in 2003 and it has been serviced 6 times and Lennox has refused to replace it saying that it is normal. Some parts were covered minus labor. I have an additional 1500.00 in this unit on top of the initial cost. Looking for new unit since it just went out again #7 in 5 yrs. Avoid at all cost.
Date created: 2008-09-02 Name: Joe K

"Home owner"
The compressor went bad in less than three years, that is covered, but they want $1200.00 for labor cost. What a rip off.
Date created: 2008-08-01 Name: N
Location: Indiana

"Terrible!!!"
Moved into a 3 year old house with what was supposed to be a top-of-the- line Lennox Heat Pump. I had $600 in repairs within the first 3 months, then another $350 that winter. Now it keeps kicking my breaker and occasionally will not cool the house. I donít know how much more I can take from this "top of the line" piece of crap!!!
Date created: 2008-07-25 Name: Debbie
Location: Wichita, KS

"Lennox 3T (10 SEER) Heat Pump"
We had our Lennox installed new when we built our house in 1992. It's a total electric heat pump 3t unit. In the 16 years we've had it, we have spent approx. $2,000 in repairs. $1,250 was the biggest expense in 1992 which was the a coil on the inside unit. We've had a couple freon leaks and a couple other parts that have broken and/or wore out. Basically that averages out to be $125.00 a year in annual maintenance in addition to yearly spring & fall tune-ups for preventative maintenance. Our unit will have to be replace by Summer 2010 because the r22 freon is being phased out. Will we buy another Lennox? I'm still on the fence post about that. Have been pricing Carriers because they are approx. $1,000 cheaper for the same base unit and have a local distribution center for parts whereas Lennox has to order parts and overnight them every time something breaks. Which you know that shipping is being passed onto the consumer and is simply in the price of the part(s).
Date created: 2008-07-22 Name: Eric
Location: Longview, TX

"Eric"
We have a g60uhv furnace and hp25 condenser which is a 2 stage dual fuel system and love it. It killed the gas bill by $100 a month during the winter. The 2 stage operations also keep our home a lot more comfortable. Keeps the humidity at around 50%. The electric bills are around $150-170 during the heat of the summer for a 2100 sq ft pier and beam home. I had two small repairs to it this summer but nothing major. Would buy another one!!
Date created: 2008-07-07 Name: Brian Westlake
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana

"HP22-511-1P a few bumps but nothing major"
The unit was 6 years old when we moved in and initially just needed the correct fuses since ours were undersized. Worked great. 2 years later, simply needed a relay swapped out since the condensor would not shut off. 2 years after that, it needed the delay timer swapped out. Each time, only a bit of freon was needed so no leaks! A few months ago, it got a lil more expensive ($400) because we needed a new fan but at 13 yrs old, I wasn't surprised. Our avg monthly electric bill on a 2800 sqft house (all electric) with 20x40 swimming pool in Louisiana has only been $270 so I can't complain about that.
Date created: 2008-06-22 Name: Johnson
Location: Tucson, AZ

"Lennox makes junk"
Two years into a brand new house, my Lennox heat pump needed a new compressor motor, this thing is junk, and they set it up with a one year labor warranty, so you get taken to the cleaners on the labor, though the parts are supposedly under warranty, I'm not sure if I can change out the entire unit, I'd like to, everyone else who has owned one of these has had the same problem.
Date created: 2008-06-18 Name: D. Palmer

"Lennox rip-off"
To save the company the price of a $20 shut off valve it cost me over $850 in repair bills. You can bet I will never deal with Lennox again.
Date created: 2008-06-09 Name: J. Chase
Location: Nashville, TN

"Lennox all-in-one PHK10, 13 seer, R410-A"
Our Lennox is 15 months old. We were happy last summer with the 6 month old performance. We did notice however an increase in electric bills. This is the 2nd time we have run the A/C and it iced over and stopped cooling. Thermal expansion valve went bad. Part still under warranty ($191.00). But the $850.00 that Donelson A/C in Nashville wanted for labor and r410-a is absurd considering we gave them nearly $6,000.00 just 15 months ago. So not only does Lennox have quality control issues, but this Lennox dealer is taking advantage of customers.