Consumer Reviews of LENNOX heat pumps

Read more about LENNOX heat pumps

Date created: 2008-11-24 Name: d
Location: Blackfoot, Idaho

"Labor"
Wont stay running starts and shuts down then restarts appropriately four times after being off and does this even after repairs changed diaphram and sensor and module and spark plug by repair man and it still stutters

Date created: 2008-11-21 Name: Steve S
Location: Bellingham, Wa

"1 year 2 months and still waiting"
Well still waiting!! Brand new home and unit never used yet. The day it was installed the installer tech turned it on for a while and said there you go alls good.The building wasn't done at that time so the unit was kept off till last spring when the home was completed. Then when the unit was turned on it was just making a loud vibrating noise through out the house so I turned it off and called in the people that sold and installed the system. ( 1-5 ton top of the line heat pump and air handler.) So a tech was sent out to inspected the system and decided to get a hold of Lennox to figure out the problem. After a few months and back forth a couple of times on the phone the tech returned saying Lennox had finally returned the call with a few idea's of cutting the lines and adding more elbows to the line should fix it right up. ( The way I saw it, it was just putting more resistance on the line. Well that didn't work. So Lennox did send a regional Tech out ( I was impressed)and he concluded it was the compressor, so they swapped that. No help there! So a while later they swapped a few valves out inside the unit and still no luck but, there was change, things got worst because now the unit built to much pressure and became a hazard also the air handler started going off on it's own tangent with wanting to run full steam with out good cause. I must say though lennox approve to completly replace the heat pump with a new one,no argument at all from Lennox or the contractor they also replace the heat strip for more owner control. Last week the tech came back to changed a valve in the heat exchanger with no luck. I noticed just by turning the fuse breaker on to the air handler it burns 1800 watts of power to just turn on the thermostat & circuitry not asking for heat or cooling but just to turn the power source on for the stat. ( Thats 18 100w light bulbs)keep in mind your not asking for heat or cooling!!! So I penciled this out knowing a bit about electricity and this comes to $110.00 just to power the thermostat or what ever is waisting the power inside of the air handler but again no heat no nothing!!! I haven't heard back from the contractor in the last week don't expect I will till after thanksgiving. The new plan is to change out the heat exchanger in the air handler will let you how that goes. Being a general contractor myself I must say though in spite of having no heat from the system in a year and two months the contractor and Lennox have barred no holes and seem to be trying to make this right.. How have I stayed warm through all of this you wonder? Very easy, a wood fire place vented and a pellet stove in the basement, very primal and also very proven... Something to think about as technology seems to evolve faster then where're ready for it.. cost can add even more frustration to the mix.

Date created: 2008-11-21 Name: M. Kissner
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Too many freon leaks Model #CHP20R0302P"
In the five and a half years I have owned this unit we have had 3 freon leaks. The first two were covered under the warranty but now we're responsible for the third. I am in the process of seeing if the manufacturer will cover this cost as something was obviously wrong with the welding. I will let you know how it goes.

Date created: 2008-11-19 Name: R Jones
Location: Richmond, Va.

"Homeowner"
Look up junk in the dictionary and Lennox heatpumps are first on the list.The automated phone system to contact them is atrocious.I Have a 3 yr. old package unit that parts are no longer available for.Buy Rheem, Trane, Carrier, Goodman,or any other brand for your home, but let Dave Lennox keep his junk and phone flunkies and ripoff repair crews to himself.

Date created: 2008-10-23 Name: J. W. Smith
Location: Orlando, FL

"Expansion valve bad again, 5 years 4 valves"
Bought a new town home in 2003 with a Lennox heat pump/air conditioner. It worked well for three years. Then the expansion valve stopped working. Wouldn't cool or heat. Had the people that installed the unit make a service call. Imagine my surprise when I got the bill for almost $600.00. Guess what? Less than 90 days later it stopped working again. Valve replaced again under part warranty. Less than one week later, stopped working again. They replaced it again. Now, here it is seven months down the road and guess what? Air conditioner down again! Would I buy another Lennox unit? Not likely!!

Date created: 2008-09-13 Name: Jim Welch
Location: Grain Valley, MO

"Avoid Lennox"
Brand new unit in 2003 and it has been serviced 6 times and Lennox has refused to replace it saying that it is normal. Some parts were covered minus labor. I have an additional 1500.00 in this unit on top of the initial cost. Looking for new unit since it just went out again #7 in 5 yrs. Avoid at all cost.

Date created: 2008-09-02 Name: Joe K

"Home owner"
The compressor went bad in less than three years, that is covered, but they want $1200.00 for labor cost. What a rip off.

Date created: 2008-08-01 Name: N
Location: Indiana

"Terrible!!!"
Moved into a 3 year old house with what was supposed to be a top-of-the- line Lennox Heat Pump. I had $600 in repairs within the first 3 months, then another $350 that winter. Now it keeps kicking my breaker and occasionally will not cool the house. I donít know how much more I can take from this "top of the line" piece of crap!!!

Date created: 2008-07-25 Name: Debbie
Location: Wichita, KS

"Lennox 3T (10 SEER) Heat Pump"
We had our Lennox installed new when we built our house in 1992. It's a total electric heat pump 3t unit. In the 16 years we've had it, we have spent approx. $2,000 in repairs. $1,250 was the biggest expense in 1992 which was the a coil on the inside unit. We've had a couple freon leaks and a couple other parts that have broken and/or wore out. Basically that averages out to be $125.00 a year in annual maintenance in addition to yearly spring & fall tune-ups for preventative maintenance. Our unit will have to be replace by Summer 2010 because the r22 freon is being phased out. Will we buy another Lennox? I'm still on the fence post about that. Have been pricing Carriers because they are approx. $1,000 cheaper for the same base unit and have a local distribution center for parts whereas Lennox has to order parts and overnight them every time something breaks. Which you know that shipping is being passed onto the consumer and is simply in the price of the part(s).

Date created: 2008-07-22 Name: Eric
Location: Longview, TX

"Eric"
We have a g60uhv furnace and hp25 condenser which is a 2 stage dual fuel system and love it. It killed the gas bill by $100 a month during the winter. The 2 stage operations also keep our home a lot more comfortable. Keeps the humidity at around 50%. The electric bills are around $150-170 during the heat of the summer for a 2100 sq ft pier and beam home. I had two small repairs to it this summer but nothing major. Would buy another one!!