Consumer Reviews of Lennox heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Lennox heat pumps

Date created: 2009-03-23 Name: LENNOX

"Heatpump"
This has been the worst experience that I ever went through, I would not recommend lennox to anyone as I only have mine snce Sept 2008 and I have had nothin but trouble and had 4 service calls and no satisfaction.

Date created: 2009-03-05 Name: Jeff Langton
Location: FL

"Planned Obsolescent"
We have been in our new builder home 1.7 Months. In that time we will have spent close to $400.00 in repairs. System was ok 1st year but now that we are out of the 1 yr labor warranty I have had to replace the blower fan relay switch and recently the outside fan motor. In looking at the reviews (here on line) it appears to me that a Lenox Unit is only good for the Lenox Co who is selling it, and the local hvac dealer who is installing it because they get the residual repairs, but very bad for the consumer.
Date created: 2009-02-20 Name: George McManus
Location: Valley Forge, PA

"Mad as hell and not going to take it anymore"
Like others here, the compressor failed last week. Sure, Lennox paid for the compressor but the labor charges were $1282.00!!! I will go out of my way to discourage anyone from buying these units. Lennox's scroll compressors are a disaster! Stay away!!!
Date created: 2009-02-19 Name: Barbara Jarrell
Location: Inez, KY

"Lennox hc26030-10"
Every year that I have had this heat pump and sometimes twice per year something has torn up. I had a warranty up to 5 years but that is out now and I am having to pay. I can't afford to pay a big service call and then parts too. I will never buy another lennox product, I have had too much trouble with the one I have.
Date created: 2009-02-10 Name: P. D'Spain
Location: Roanoke, TX

"Lennox"
This unit has had 7 failures in two years. I have never had a product that was this bad.
Date created: 2009-02-09 Name: B. Mackey
Location: Jacksonville, FL

"18 Years on this 3 ton unit"
Very few problems. I bought one of their top models (High seer rating). The biggest repair was to seal a hole in the air-handler coils three years back, for a total cost of $380. Other than that there have been about 4 service inspections over the 18 years. Those have resulted in minor additional charges - if any.
Date created: 2009-02-04 Name: Eric
Location: Missouri

"Lennox xp15"
Paid $7000 for my Lennox heat pump. Worked fine for the first 2 years then the heat pump fan motor seized up. Parts are covered, but labor to replace it is over $100 per hour...2 hour minimum. I wish I had seen this web site prior to my purchase.
Date created: 2009-01-13 Name: Tom Nutt
Location: Plano, TX

"Can't Kill It"
I believe unit was installed when house was built in 1984. Never has required any service work in 14 years of ownership. Filters are changed regulary and condensor coil washed once each year. I am considering replacing indoor and outdoor unit because it is 25 years old. I think I must have the best (reliable) heat pump ever made.
Date created: 2009-01-10 Name: E. Scott

"Elite 11 Heat pump"
My unit just turned 12 years old. I've replaced the reversing valve, compressor cooling fan, and found out about 2 years ago my evaporator had a leak. The technician put leak stop in the system and it worked fine until a solder joint popped on the condenser unit about a year ago. Since fixing that leak, I now have another small leak and am having to add freon about every 3 months. As soon as it warms up, I'm going to be shopping for a new unit. I can say that I did not have the first problem with my unit until it was 8 years old.
Date created: 2009-01-06 Name: Jeff
Location: ofjof

"Armstrong (Lennox brand)"
Three year old unit compressor and expansion valve went bad at separate times. It was covered under warranty, but labor is expensive. Complained to the company who seemed not to care. Won't buy a Lennox/ Armstrong again.