Consumer Reviews of LENNOX heat pumps

Read more about LENNOX heat pumps

Date created: 2009-02-19 Name: Barbara Jarrell
Location: Inez, KY

"Lennox hc26030-10"
Every year that I have had this heat pump and sometimes twice per year something has torn up. I had a warranty up to 5 years but that is out now and I am having to pay. I can't afford to pay a big service call and then parts too. I will never buy another lennox product, I have had too much trouble with the one I have.

Date created: 2009-02-10 Name: P. D'Spain
Location: Roanoke, TX

"Lennox"
This unit has had 7 failures in two years. I have never had a product that was this bad.

Date created: 2009-02-09 Name: B. Mackey
Location: Jacksonville, FL

"18 Years on this 3 ton unit"
Very few problems. I bought one of their top models (High seer rating). The biggest repair was to seal a hole in the air-handler coils three years back, for a total cost of $380. Other than that there have been about 4 service inspections over the 18 years. Those have resulted in minor additional charges - if any.

Date created: 2009-02-04 Name: Eric
Location: Missouri

"Lennox xp15"
Paid $7000 for my Lennox heat pump. Worked fine for the first 2 years then the heat pump fan motor seized up. Parts are covered, but labor to replace it is over $100 per hour...2 hour minimum. I wish I had seen this web site prior to my purchase.

Date created: 2009-01-13 Name: Tom Nutt
Location: Plano, TX

"Can't Kill It"
I believe unit was installed when house was built in 1984. Never has required any service work in 14 years of ownership. Filters are changed regulary and condensor coil washed once each year. I am considering replacing indoor and outdoor unit because it is 25 years old. I think I must have the best (reliable) heat pump ever made.

Date created: 2009-01-10 Name: E. Scott

"Elite 11 Heat pump"
My unit just turned 12 years old. I've replaced the reversing valve, compressor cooling fan, and found out about 2 years ago my evaporator had a leak. The technician put leak stop in the system and it worked fine until a solder joint popped on the condenser unit about a year ago. Since fixing that leak, I now have another small leak and am having to add freon about every 3 months. As soon as it warms up, I'm going to be shopping for a new unit. I can say that I did not have the first problem with my unit until it was 8 years old.

Date created: 2009-01-06 Name: Jeff
Location: ofjof

"Armstrong (Lennox brand)"
Three year old unit compressor and expansion valve went bad at separate times. It was covered under warranty, but labor is expensive. Complained to the company who seemed not to care. Won't buy a Lennox/ Armstrong again.

Date created: 2008-12-22 Name: A. McDowell
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"A. McDowell"
The Lennox Elite 11 residential heat pump was purchased new in January, 2003, 10 months before we bought our house. It had been used 2 months by the previous owner (he was a snowbird from Alaska), and we bought the property in October, 2003 but did not move to az until February, 2005. We weren't even totally moved in when the condensor had to be replaced. With that unhappy welcome and in the four years we have been here, we have paid a total of $1,750 in repairs, many freon replacements and who knows what else. This unit was a piece of junk literally and everyone I talked with who was familiar with Lennox had the same opinion: cheap materials, shoddy workmanship, etc. I will tell everyone I know that Lennox is a very poor investment for heating and cooling. They do not stand behind their product. The original dealer and installer gave an extraordinarily high price for a condensor replacement. I gave up on them and used another dealer for repair work who at the time sold Lennox units. Now even they will have nothing to do with Lennox, they could never get a timely response from the manufacturer and were on the phone waiting to speak with someone for hours. It got to be a joke...they'd dial in, be put on hold and just automatically put the phone on speaker so they could go about their work while waiting for a response. So...I Hope Lennox gets a hunk of coal in their Christmas stocking this year. That will provide more reliable heat than their undependable units.

Date created: 2008-12-07 Name: Ray A Rorabaugh
Location: Ebensburg, PA

"R Rorabaugh"
Heat pump installed Oct 08 - as temperature dropped below 45 degrees circuit breaker would trip - technician came out twice and said they would order part - now Dec and temperature is around 14 degrees at night we have to run kerosene heater 24/7 because emergency heat breaker is taped in off position - called installer - they said ordered part but would be 10 days - after 8200.00 dollar investment I don't have a good feeling - would not buy anything Lennox ever again!

Date created: 2008-12-03 Name: Tim Cuneio
Location: Winder, GA

"Installed a hpx 13 heat pump"
I replaced a Goodman 10 seer with this 13 seer Lennox heat pump. It cooled very well the first summer and although it was a hot summer I did see a 10 to 15% savings in power bill. Now that we are having a very cold start to winter than normal I have noticed that the unit runs loader than it did in the summer and the colder it gets the loader it gets, one morning we got down to 15 degrees on November 20 and here in Atlanta that is very cold, I woke up and my thermostat is set at 66 degrees during the night, it was reading a room temp of 62 that is a huge difference, my older unit which was 13 years old never let it fall below 64 because the emergency heat would click on, I called a a/c company this morning and I am going to sign up for the service plan which they will come and check it twice a year for $149.00, I hope all the troubles I have read here do not happen to me. And I have also noticed that the line running from my unit to the air handler is humming very load when it is in heat mode. Right now I am nervous I paid $3,800.00 dollars for a new system and I pray it stays running well