Consumer Reviews of LENNOX heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about LENNOX heat pumps

Date created: 2009-06-13 Name: M Clayton

"Will Not Last"
I would not have another lennox. Worked great for the first 6 years but after that got the repairs got to be very expensive. The Rheam I had before lasted 15 years and only had to be repaired twice.

Date created: 2009-06-03 Name: Jim

"Installation"
I find that most of the very unsatisfied reviews on this website seem to be installation caused problems. Most are from builders and builder grade equipment. For instance the guy that said 40% of the homes in his development have had major problems with their systems. If an company had a failure rate of 40% they would not be around. These were all thrown into this development by, most likely, un-trained installers. I think the statistic is like up to 90% of all systems are installed incorrectly. Make sure you are going with a company that has trained employees that also do background checks, and keep your self in the upper 10%.

Date created: 2009-05-02 Name: E. Holland

"LENNOX"
Horrible Unit. Installed by the builder it breaks every winter and every summer. It broke the winter and summer after I moved in but it was covered by the first year builders warranty, I wish I had known that it was going to continue to break I would have asked them for another unit. I thought I just had a lemon but it seems that the entire line is no good. I have spent around $4000.00 repairing both the upstairs and downstairs units. I turned on the air yesterday and again it broke, I will never buy another Lennox unit.

Date created: 2009-04-25 Name: LENNOX
Location: Southern Maryland

"Lennox"
We live in a development of newly built homes (by Marrick Homes) in Southern Maryland. The development is approximately 6 years old and we have lived in our home for 3.5 years. The homes all came with Lennox Heat Pump systems. Bottom line up front, the Lennox system has proven to be the worst heat pump system ever known. There are 82 homes in our community and over 35 homes have had significant problems with their Lennox heat pump system. I know this because after so many problems with no help from the builder or Lennox (you try getting through their automated phone system to talk to a real person) I made my own survey and submitted it to the entire development. The results are truly unbelievable. The problems experienced by the 35 home owners (43% of the homes) that responded were pretty astonishing. These include leakage, compressor failures and replacements, indoor coil failure and replacements; all of them costing in thousands of dollars in repairs. We have two units – one for upstairs and on for downstairs – and below is the timeline of the problems we have encountered: 1. In 5/09/2006—only ten months after moving into the house—the unit downstairs had to be called in for a leak in the system. The indoor coil had to be replaced. Luckily the warranty covered the part but we got stuck with over $500 worth of labor. 2. In 4/3/2007—only 20 months after moving into the house—the unit upstairs had to be called in for a leak in the system. Turns out the inside coil was leaking and had to be replaced. Part was under warranty; however, the total cost of the repair was $700. 3. In 6/09/2008—only 33 months after moving into the house—the unit downstairs once again had to be called in for a leak in the system. The initial diagnostics indicated compressor damage and replacement. However, after a week long waiting for repair in 90+ degree weather we are told that the outdoor coil also needed to be replaced. The cost of the repair was well over $1,200. 4. In 4/25/2009—just this week, only 3.5 years since we’ve been living in the home—we turned on the upstairs unit to find out that is not cooling anymore. From past experience the unit likely has a leakage in the system and will likely need a coil replacement. I only wish there was something we could do other than spending our yearly savings on fixing this system every time it breaks. This has become a yearly occurrence. We will be dealing with fixing this unit one more time and depending on the cost of this latest repair we will likely be forced to replace the entire system (upstairs and downstairs). If you have any suggestions and/or recommendations by all means feel free to contact me, I would love to hear from you.

Date created: 2009-03-30 Name: LENNOX

"Lennox Elite Heat Pump"
We built a new home and had the top of the line Lennox heat pump 4 ton installed. The fan went out of "whack" after a few months and had to be replaced. Under warranty the bill was 150.00 trip charge, not covered under warranty. I called Lennox and was told I could "purchase" a warranty to cover labor at some ridiculous price. This is our third year, the fan went out of "whack" again, due to snow falling from the roof (so I was told), and when the fan went out it broke the mounts off the motor. The repairman was on the way out with the motor when I stopped him. I was then told that the motor was fine, just the mounts were bent off. I took the motor to a local electric shop and was charged 47.00 instead of the $1000 that the repair dealer charged. That bill was 180.00, now two weeks later in the worst blizzard we have seen, we are without heat again. The fan is out of "whack" again and making enough noise to wake the dead. We had to shut it off and call the dealer again. This unit cost 14,000.00 and I'm sick. I'm going to call the factory and ask for a factory rep.

Date created: 2009-03-27 Name: LENNOX

"Owner"
This is actually the worst system I have owned in over 25 homes I have built. 5 ton unit will not raise temperature above 62 degrees in 50 degree weather without kicking on auxiliary heat. Problems since day one, wish I had found this site before I bought a Lennox!

Date created: 2009-03-23 Name: LENNOX

"Heatpump"
This has been the worst experience that I ever went through, I would not recommend lennox to anyone as I only have mine snce Sept 2008 and I have had nothin but trouble and had 4 service calls and no satisfaction.

Date created: 2009-03-05 Name: Jeff Langton
Location: FL

"Planned Obsolescent"
We have been in our new builder home 1.7 Months. In that time we will have spent close to $400.00 in repairs. System was ok 1st year but now that we are out of the 1 yr labor warranty I have had to replace the blower fan relay switch and recently the outside fan motor. In looking at the reviews (here on line) it appears to me that a Lenox Unit is only good for the Lenox Co who is selling it, and the local hvac dealer who is installing it because they get the residual repairs, but very bad for the consumer.

Date created: 2009-02-20 Name: George McManus
Location: Valley Forge, PA

"Mad as hell and not going to take it anymore"
Like others here, the compressor failed last week. Sure, Lennox paid for the compressor but the labor charges were $1282.00!!! I will go out of my way to discourage anyone from buying these units. Lennox's scroll compressors are a disaster! Stay away!!!

Date created: 2009-02-19 Name: Barbara Jarrell
Location: Inez, KY

"Lennox hc26030-10"
Every year that I have had this heat pump and sometimes twice per year something has torn up. I had a warranty up to 5 years but that is out now and I am having to pay. I can't afford to pay a big service call and then parts too. I will never buy another lennox product, I have had too much trouble with the one I have.