Consumer Reviews of Lennox heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Lennox heat pumps

Date created: 2010-01-15 Name: D. Hargraves

"LENNOX 15CHPX =JUNK"
I replaced a 21 year old Tempstar 2.5 ton 12seer package unit with a brand new Lennox 2.5 ton 15seer package unit in February 2008. It is less than 2 years old and I already have 7 service calls due to two bad defrost boards, a defrost timer jumper wire removed one control board, one new condenser fan replacement, freon change because they didn't know what else to do and a defrost sensor replaced. I will never own another Lennox product.

Date created: 2010-01-14 Name: T. Clark

"Lots of hype but poor product"
We are currently having a third compressor installed on what was supposed to be the Rolls Royce of heating/cooling solutions. The workmanship and quality of the top of the line Lennox products we bought have been a major disappointment. Look elsewhere for your next heat pump.
Date created: 2010-01-04 Name: D Smith

"You will not believe this"
I had this new unit put in last September 2009. It has not worked right yet. I have had the service man out three times. I am waiting for a service man to come right now. Good luck with that, right. I have had Lennox heat pumps in my other homes for 23 years and never had any problems with them. I believe that the problem is 99.9% with the people its in. They have no idea what the &^%$#^^ they are doing. I can not believe a company as big and well know as Lennox would let a company, like the one I mistakenly used, have anything to do with installing or servicing their product.
Date created: 2010-01-04 Name: David

"Lennox no good"
I bought this house November 07 and the heat pump came with it. Lennox heat pump is nothing but problems. I've had many heat pumps but never had this many problems. Compressor blew on December 15, 09 pump was installed in 2001.
Date created: 2009-12-16 Name: L.Thompson

"Heat pump"
Replaced one fan motor and had freon put in several times. The defrost switch went out and service said would cost $1000 to replace what was needed. I will get another Lennox.
Date created: 2009-12-11 Name: Terry Stinson

"Stonewalled"
I replaced a 28 year old unit that almost never gave me problems...was loud, but ran very well. I felt like I needed to upgrade. I took the sales rep's advice and replaced my entire system to the tune of $12k. It would take a 100 page book to relate all the problems I have had and the service calls are endless. My power bill is through the roof because the heat pump will not stop running, even when the house is at the temperature set on the thermostat. I cannot get a Lennox rep to call me back. My service company keeps coming, but will not admit that the unit is a dog. I wish I had checked and taken better advice before putting money into this clunker.
Date created: 2009-11-09 Name: J. Joyner

"SERVICEMAN"
I am a service tech and I work on alot of different brands of equiptment. I agree with everyone else saying there is no excuse in new systems breaking down. I think alot of this is caused by improper installation. Units today are not like systems of the past which had fixed pistons instead of expansion valves, and relays instead of circit boards. Alot of compressor and expansion valve failure is due to not vacumming air out before turning freon loose. Not running small amount of nitrogen through system while brazing to prevent oxidation and flaking inside the copper tubing which will clog TXVs and stainers. And not having proper static pressure running through airhandler by not sizing duct properly. These things you see are not things caused by who makes the system. The best thing you can do is make these suggestions to you installer before its put in. Sometimes you do get what you pay for by going with the cheaper service provider
Date created: 2009-10-02 Name: F grenberg

"Best system is the Lennox XC21"
I purchase a 3 ton Lennox XC 21, 19.25 SEER unit 3 years ago. From the first month in the middle of the summer I saved $100 in electrical (from $250 a month to $150 a month ). The way I see all these reviews I think you are having very bad installations. I am sure the secret for a good unit is the installation. I paid more than my friend for this unit. And some, they got Trane or Carrier units and all they had problem in the first 2 years with the units. My advice is to make sure you get the best install. It makes the difference. And I have a 10 year parts and labor warranty. Make sure you maintain the unit, too.
Date created: 2009-09-27 Name: M Clayton

"Ms"
For the past 2 years I have had to have the air conditioner repaired not once but twice each year, at almost $300 a visit I might add. I feel like I am replacing this system one piece at a time and it is only 8 years old. The next system will not be a Lennox
Date created: 2009-08-24 Name: BRM

"Lennox Heat Pump"
The story is not finished yet. It`s just starting. I`m just visiting my family now, and it is warmer in the house than it is outside. They`ve been complaining and calling since they got it. They`ve been waiting three weeks for the service man to come by. He should have been here at least two weeks ago. I`m not promoting other websites, but I really hope people can post their complaints on planetfeedback. It does get results. I`ve used it before with my problems with the Microsoft XBOX. I hope this site does the same, but PF is much bigger. I will post the follow up to this story, we`re calling tomorrow, and I`ll be on Planet Feedback tomorrow too.