Consumer Reviews of LENNOX heat pumps

Read more about LENNOX heat pumps

Date created: 2010-03-11 Name: J. Armour

"J Armour"
I have a new Lennox heat pump 15 seer series and I am happy with this product. I had a mixed match system with York air handler and Goodman outdoor unit. Cooled ok but never created any heat. I would like to comment on all the negativity towards Lennox. I personally feel like a lot of the problems are caused by products being massed produced in general. If you take the time to look at anything, you will see that "made in Mexico"..."made in Japan"...made in China"...etc. etc. etc. Thus the old saying, "They don't make 'em like they used to!!"

Date created: 2010-02-16 Name: Very Unhappy Lennox Owner

"Lennox heat pump"
I unfortunately have two Lennox air to air heat pumps, one for downstairs and the other for upstairs. We are in our sixth year of ownership. Both have been worked on numerous times. Right now, the compressor is locked on the upstairs unit, my electric bill last month was 43% higher than my previous all-time high. Although, "parts" are under warranty, this will cost me at least $500 to $600 dollars if not more. I am thinking about replacing the whole unit with another brand. No more Lennox. NEVER again.

Date created: 2010-02-08 Name: Evelyn Hogans

"Mrs Evelyn Hogans"
When my late husband and I first had a heat pump installed, it was a Trane. In the twenty years that we had it, it was repaired once. When the unit went out, I was told it could not be replaced so the company that I was using replaced it with a Lennox. Ever since then, it has a problem repair in the winter and repair in the summer. Two years ago, most of the insides were replaced. Still, I have a problem today. In 2/8/10, the outside unit is completely frozen over. If I ever get enough funds to replace it, it will not be a Lennox. I warn anyone planning to get a heat pump, stay away from a Lennox. You will pay for it over and over in repair bills.

Date created: 2010-01-15 Name: J Mac

"It's not the heat pump!"
Any heat pump not installed by a factory trained, reliable contractor is always going to be unreliable, expensive to operate and repair. It's not the heat pump, rather it's the installing contractor. That's the problem. I have being in the trade for 30 years and can tell you that if there is a factory problem with any make it's addressed by the manufacture, and the installing contractor. The Better Business Bureau is the place to complain. Any company that's in it for the long run will not allow a problem unit smear their reputation.

Date created: 2010-01-15 Name: D. Hargraves

"LENNOX 15CHPX =JUNK"
I replaced a 21 year old Tempstar 2.5 ton 12seer package unit with a brand new Lennox 2.5 ton 15seer package unit in February 2008. It is less than 2 years old and I already have 7 service calls due to two bad defrost boards, a defrost timer jumper wire removed one control board, one new condenser fan replacement, freon change because they didn't know what else to do and a defrost sensor replaced. I will never own another Lennox product.

Date created: 2010-01-14 Name: T. Clark

"Lots of hype but poor product"
We are currently having a third compressor installed on what was supposed to be the Rolls Royce of heating/cooling solutions. The workmanship and quality of the top of the line Lennox products we bought have been a major disappointment. Look elsewhere for your next heat pump.

Date created: 2010-01-04 Name: D Smith

"You will not believe this"
I had this new unit put in last September 2009. It has not worked right yet. I have had the service man out three times. I am waiting for a service man to come right now. Good luck with that, right. I have had Lennox heat pumps in my other homes for 23 years and never had any problems with them. I believe that the problem is 99.9% with the people its in. They have no idea what the &^%$#^^ they are doing. I can not believe a company as big and well know as Lennox would let a company, like the one I mistakenly used, have anything to do with installing or servicing their product.

Date created: 2010-01-04 Name: David

"Lennox no good"
I bought this house November 07 and the heat pump came with it. Lennox heat pump is nothing but problems. I've had many heat pumps but never had this many problems. Compressor blew on December 15, 09 pump was installed in 2001.

Date created: 2009-12-16 Name: L.Thompson

"Heat pump"
Replaced one fan motor and had freon put in several times. The defrost switch went out and service said would cost $1000 to replace what was needed. I will get another Lennox.

Date created: 2009-12-11 Name: Terry Stinson

"Stonewalled"
I replaced a 28 year old unit that almost never gave me problems...was loud, but ran very well. I felt like I needed to upgrade. I took the sales rep's advice and replaced my entire system to the tune of $12k. It would take a 100 page book to relate all the problems I have had and the service calls are endless. My power bill is through the roof because the heat pump will not stop running, even when the house is at the temperature set on the thermostat. I cannot get a Lennox rep to call me back. My service company keeps coming, but will not admit that the unit is a dog. I wish I had checked and taken better advice before putting money into this clunker.