Consumer Reviews of Lennox heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Lennox heat pumps

Date created: 2010-05-19 Name: Colt

"Lennox and unhappy"
We have been in the house for just over 6 years now and bought the house brand new, not a cheap house but it appears that the Lennox units they put on the house are. I had the installer come out to service the unit in 09 and he discovered a leaky coil and agreed to check and see if it was still under warranty. Of course not what I thought or was told was a 5 year warranty turned out to be a 3 year warranty. I had him fix the unit and although not happy, I was content to have my A/C working again. Last week returning from out of town, my wife heard a loud noise in the garage and I went to check on the unit, the cold air was being pumped out of my house and the house was being heated with an outside temp of 92. The reversing valve was stuck and I have the option of opening the system up again to the tune of $1,000 or replacing. I am retired military and that old unit is going to be target practice. Atta-B

Date created: 2010-05-14 Name: C. A.

"Will buy a lennox next time!"
Great system! I keep unit service change one part. Ants burn up relay.
Date created: 2010-05-11 Name: T. Riley
Location: Tempe, AZ

"Owner"
I am a Lennox, Trane, Goodman & Amana hvac dealer in Tempe, az. I have just read several complaints from customers that have purchased products where there have been leaks & failures in new equipment. The real issue here to me is the dealer they purchased the product from. Some failures can be due to improper installation by the dealer. All manufactures of a/c equipment have similar failures & they all only warranty parts. It is up to the dealer to cover the labor warranty. I would advise anyone purchasing a new a/c system to purchase an extended warranty from the manufacturer to cover parts, labor & refrigerant for repairs. If your system is under 5 years old, you may still be able to purchase a parts & labor warranty that would cover the system for 10 years from the date it was first installed. We provide an extended warranty with every installation we do.
Date created: 2010-05-08 Name: E. Coloney

"Lennox heat pump"
Two units (up/down stairs). Both installed incorrectly. It took nearly a year to get them operating properly. Repeat visits to check them until one fellow finally knew what the problem was. In the 7th year, one unit began to run continually from 9 am until nearly 9 pm at night and not able to maintain 77 degrees inside, even on a day of only 85 degrees outside. Same thing in the 8th year. 9th summer is coming up. I expect the same thing. They aren't able to fix it. Electric usage has nearly doubled. I'm eager for total failure so I can be forced into buying a different brand.
Date created: 2010-05-04 Name: T. Bzik

"Fan Motor Seizure"
Fan motor seized after 3 years. Neighbor bought the same Lennox Heat Pump. His fan motor seized after only 13 months; guess I should feel lucky in comparison. These units are not of high quality. Power usage was reduced for about first 18 months compared to retired 20 year old heat pump, then much worse (Yes, I adjusted for temperature in judging its power consumption performance). Noisier from the beginning than my old heat pump was in its relatively noisy last year of service. Nothing to recommend about this Lennox unit, stay away. Hope I have better luck going forward than what I see in many of the other Lennox reviews on this site.
Date created: 2010-04-01 Name: D. Riddell

"Heat pump repairs"
No air 5/16/09 till 8/3/09.$1200.00 In repairs, Txv, inside/outside coils, circuit board all replaced. $500.00+ heating bills all winter. Five phone calls to Costumer Affairs. No return calls. And guess what, I turned my air on today and you guessed it, it's not working.
Date created: 2010-03-11 Name: J. Armour

"J Armour"
I have a new Lennox heat pump 15 seer series and I am happy with this product. I had a mixed match system with York air handler and Goodman outdoor unit. Cooled ok but never created any heat. I would like to comment on all the negativity towards Lennox. I personally feel like a lot of the problems are caused by products being massed produced in general. If you take the time to look at anything, you will see that "made in Mexico"..."made in Japan"...made in China"...etc. etc. etc. Thus the old saying, "They don't make 'em like they used to!!"
Date created: 2010-02-16 Name: Very Unhappy Lennox Owner

"Lennox heat pump"
I unfortunately have two Lennox air to air heat pumps, one for downstairs and the other for upstairs. We are in our sixth year of ownership. Both have been worked on numerous times. Right now, the compressor is locked on the upstairs unit, my electric bill last month was 43% higher than my previous all-time high. Although, "parts" are under warranty, this will cost me at least $500 to $600 dollars if not more. I am thinking about replacing the whole unit with another brand. No more Lennox. NEVER again.
Date created: 2010-02-08 Name: Evelyn Hogans

"Mrs Evelyn Hogans"
When my late husband and I first had a heat pump installed, it was a Trane. In the twenty years that we had it, it was repaired once. When the unit went out, I was told it could not be replaced so the company that I was using replaced it with a Lennox. Ever since then, it has a problem repair in the winter and repair in the summer. Two years ago, most of the insides were replaced. Still, I have a problem today. In 2/8/10, the outside unit is completely frozen over. If I ever get enough funds to replace it, it will not be a Lennox. I warn anyone planning to get a heat pump, stay away from a Lennox. You will pay for it over and over in repair bills.
Date created: 2010-01-15 Name: J Mac

"It's not the heat pump!"
Any heat pump not installed by a factory trained, reliable contractor is always going to be unreliable, expensive to operate and repair. It's not the heat pump, rather it's the installing contractor. That's the problem. I have being in the trade for 30 years and can tell you that if there is a factory problem with any make it's addressed by the manufacture, and the installing contractor. The Better Business Bureau is the place to complain. Any company that's in it for the long run will not allow a problem unit smear their reputation.