Consumer Reviews of LENNOX heat pumps

Read more about LENNOX heat pumps

Date created: 2010-06-07 Name: John M.

"Lennox XP15 2.5ton"
Have had unit less than one year. Installed in new house. Heats and cools fairly well. Have two problems with it. First, there is an odor that comes out of the ducts that is irritating to my nose, like a burning feeling. I only smell the odor when the ac unit is working. I would appreciate any information from anyone that can help me determine what is causing it. Second, the problem-unit does not heat the far end of my house equally. Lennox dealer has promised to come out for 6 months and fix it. But always promises and never shows up.

Date created: 2010-06-07 Name: Mike O'Gara

"Heat pump freezing"
Heat pump freezes in winter and in summer. Dell Air finds nothing wrong.

Date created: 2010-06-02 Name: J. Dub

"Lennox Elite 1 year & 3 months - POS"
Bad expansion valve after 1 year & 3 months. The valve was under warranty (an $85 part) - Labor was $ 1100 bucks. The system costs $ 7000.00. Never again Lennox!! Next time, I'll go back to a cheap Trane - I have 2 units that are 15 years old without any problems.

Date created: 2010-05-29 Name: R. Bartleman

"Lennox Heat Pump"
Unit was installed in December 2005 in a new home. It has failed twice, repaired twice (pipe leaking freon) and now has failed a third time and it isn't even five years old. Hard to say if the problem is the quality of the unit or the competence of the servicing dealer. I've yet to contact Lennox, but after three failures in less than five years, I'd like to see some consideration; leaks are not covered by the warranty so I have had to pay for these repairs.

Date created: 2010-05-19 Name: Colt

"Lennox and unhappy"
We have been in the house for just over 6 years now and bought the house brand new, not a cheap house but it appears that the Lennox units they put on the house are. I had the installer come out to service the unit in 09 and he discovered a leaky coil and agreed to check and see if it was still under warranty. Of course not what I thought or was told was a 5 year warranty turned out to be a 3 year warranty. I had him fix the unit and although not happy, I was content to have my A/C working again. Last week returning from out of town, my wife heard a loud noise in the garage and I went to check on the unit, the cold air was being pumped out of my house and the house was being heated with an outside temp of 92. The reversing valve was stuck and I have the option of opening the system up again to the tune of $1,000 or replacing. I am retired military and that old unit is going to be target practice. Atta-B

Date created: 2010-05-14 Name: C. A.

"Will buy a lennox next time!"
Great system! I keep unit service change one part. Ants burn up relay.

Date created: 2010-05-11 Name: T. Riley
Location: Tempe, AZ

"Owner"
I am a Lennox, Trane, Goodman & Amana hvac dealer in Tempe, az. I have just read several complaints from customers that have purchased products where there have been leaks & failures in new equipment. The real issue here to me is the dealer they purchased the product from. Some failures can be due to improper installation by the dealer. All manufactures of a/c equipment have similar failures & they all only warranty parts. It is up to the dealer to cover the labor warranty. I would advise anyone purchasing a new a/c system to purchase an extended warranty from the manufacturer to cover parts, labor & refrigerant for repairs. If your system is under 5 years old, you may still be able to purchase a parts & labor warranty that would cover the system for 10 years from the date it was first installed. We provide an extended warranty with every installation we do.

Date created: 2010-05-08 Name: E. Coloney

"Lennox heat pump"
Two units (up/down stairs). Both installed incorrectly. It took nearly a year to get them operating properly. Repeat visits to check them until one fellow finally knew what the problem was. In the 7th year, one unit began to run continually from 9 am until nearly 9 pm at night and not able to maintain 77 degrees inside, even on a day of only 85 degrees outside. Same thing in the 8th year. 9th summer is coming up. I expect the same thing. They aren't able to fix it. Electric usage has nearly doubled. I'm eager for total failure so I can be forced into buying a different brand.

Date created: 2010-05-04 Name: T. Bzik

"Fan Motor Seizure"
Fan motor seized after 3 years. Neighbor bought the same Lennox Heat Pump. His fan motor seized after only 13 months; guess I should feel lucky in comparison. These units are not of high quality. Power usage was reduced for about first 18 months compared to retired 20 year old heat pump, then much worse (Yes, I adjusted for temperature in judging its power consumption performance). Noisier from the beginning than my old heat pump was in its relatively noisy last year of service. Nothing to recommend about this Lennox unit, stay away. Hope I have better luck going forward than what I see in many of the other Lennox reviews on this site.

Date created: 2010-04-01 Name: D. Riddell

"Heat pump repairs"
No air 5/16/09 till 8/3/09.$1200.00 In repairs, Txv, inside/outside coils, circuit board all replaced. $500.00+ heating bills all winter. Five phone calls to Costumer Affairs. No return calls. And guess what, I turned my air on today and you guessed it, it's not working.