Consumer Reviews of Lennox heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Lennox heat pumps

Date created: 2010-06-17 Name: Jason Manes

"Bad Reviews on Lennox"
I know there are some consumers on here that have had problems and I sell all brands for the most part but I sell more Lennox than anything. I will say after reading a bunch, it seems the people who put your equipment may be the problem. I read where they put wrong size equipment, installed improperly etc. I'm not saying that parts do not fail but installers who are not properly trained or don't care enough about their work can not be the fault of equipment. Also what has the sales rep done for you? Did he try to help the situation or did you call them? I personally go above and beyond for all my customers and if they did, maybe they could get something done for you. A major problem I see is that people are not checking the return sizing and supply sizing so the equipment is set up for failure right from the beginning. I have been in customers housed where the sales rep did not even come in the house to look at duct work and he tells customer she needs a bigger system, and one rep told her a 4 1/2 ton which is not even produced. Give me a break, this a major problem and can become your problem. If any of you on here have a problem or question, feel free to email me and I will return phone calls or emails as time allows to try to help. I am a Lennox Premier Dealer. Thanks, Jason Manes [email protected] 804 426 2315

Date created: 2010-06-12 Name: A. Filiatrault
Location: Canada

"XP14-030-230 heat pump"
Poor after sales service (none). Parts always breaking down. Fan motor, pc board, thermostatic expansion valve, and that's not counting the labour charges associated with these parts being replaced. Lennox just brushes you off when you reach them. Forget about any support from them. I would never recommend a Lennox product to anybody. If you're in Canada, it's even worse because they have nobody with to help you, except a secretary that answers the phone at a 1-800 number.
Date created: 2010-06-11 Name: B. Jackson

"Bob"
The aluminum fins on the condenser coil are all flaking off. I have 2 units that were installed 4 years ago and I just had to have the coil replaced on one as it was leaking. The other unit will soon need a replacement coil as some of the copper tubing inside the aluminum fins is bare.
Date created: 2010-06-07 Name: John M.

"Lennox XP15 2.5ton"
Have had unit less than one year. Installed in new house. Heats and cools fairly well. Have two problems with it. First, there is an odor that comes out of the ducts that is irritating to my nose, like a burning feeling. I only smell the odor when the ac unit is working. I would appreciate any information from anyone that can help me determine what is causing it. Second, the problem-unit does not heat the far end of my house equally. Lennox dealer has promised to come out for 6 months and fix it. But always promises and never shows up.
Date created: 2010-06-07 Name: Mike O'Gara

"Heat pump freezing"
Heat pump freezes in winter and in summer. Dell Air finds nothing wrong.
Date created: 2010-06-02 Name: J. Dub

"Lennox Elite 1 year & 3 months - POS"
Bad expansion valve after 1 year & 3 months. The valve was under warranty (an $85 part) - Labor was $ 1100 bucks. The system costs $ 7000.00. Never again Lennox!! Next time, I'll go back to a cheap Trane - I have 2 units that are 15 years old without any problems.
Date created: 2010-05-29 Name: R. Bartleman

"Lennox Heat Pump"
Unit was installed in December 2005 in a new home. It has failed twice, repaired twice (pipe leaking freon) and now has failed a third time and it isn't even five years old. Hard to say if the problem is the quality of the unit or the competence of the servicing dealer. I've yet to contact Lennox, but after three failures in less than five years, I'd like to see some consideration; leaks are not covered by the warranty so I have had to pay for these repairs.
Date created: 2010-05-19 Name: Colt

"Lennox and unhappy"
We have been in the house for just over 6 years now and bought the house brand new, not a cheap house but it appears that the Lennox units they put on the house are. I had the installer come out to service the unit in 09 and he discovered a leaky coil and agreed to check and see if it was still under warranty. Of course not what I thought or was told was a 5 year warranty turned out to be a 3 year warranty. I had him fix the unit and although not happy, I was content to have my A/C working again. Last week returning from out of town, my wife heard a loud noise in the garage and I went to check on the unit, the cold air was being pumped out of my house and the house was being heated with an outside temp of 92. The reversing valve was stuck and I have the option of opening the system up again to the tune of $1,000 or replacing. I am retired military and that old unit is going to be target practice. Atta-B
Date created: 2010-05-14 Name: C. A.

"Will buy a lennox next time!"
Great system! I keep unit service change one part. Ants burn up relay.
Date created: 2010-05-11 Name: T. Riley
Location: Tempe, AZ

"Owner"
I am a Lennox, Trane, Goodman & Amana hvac dealer in Tempe, az. I have just read several complaints from customers that have purchased products where there have been leaks & failures in new equipment. The real issue here to me is the dealer they purchased the product from. Some failures can be due to improper installation by the dealer. All manufactures of a/c equipment have similar failures & they all only warranty parts. It is up to the dealer to cover the labor warranty. I would advise anyone purchasing a new a/c system to purchase an extended warranty from the manufacturer to cover parts, labor & refrigerant for repairs. If your system is under 5 years old, you may still be able to purchase a parts & labor warranty that would cover the system for 10 years from the date it was first installed. We provide an extended warranty with every installation we do.