Consumer Reviews of LENNOX heat pumps

Read more about LENNOX heat pumps

Date created: 2010-08-28 Name: Randy R.
Location: Missouri

"Individual"
Thinking about putting a new heat pump in before winter. Mainly because of the tax rebate running out. Everybody says we should. In doing some research and learning, I happened across this sight. We purchased a Lennox HP21-511-P (4 ton) heat pump about 9 years ago. It was their top-top of the line back then. We put a new filter in once-in-a-while, walk by it alot in the basement. Other that that, never gave it much thought about quitting. I'm not even sure anybody knows where the thermostat is.

Date created: 2010-08-23 Name: P.Jone
Location: Indianapolis

"Lemon"
Lennox 3 ton Heat Pump 11 seer Installed with 20kw Air Handler(complete new system). I had 3 compressor failures in 10 years and over $$$ in total repairs. Poor Warranty for Parts & Labor. If the compressor fails more than one time, the Waranty is not for the 10 years only 12 months on the replaced compressor. I was charged $ 650.00 to repace the 1st unit under the 10 year warrenty for labor. The other failures cost around twice as much. I also had other high $$$ repairs on systems. TXV valve replaced cost $738.89, Two bad doulbel pole breakers in air handler, because of loose wiring. $380.00, Found loose wire at Blower relay. $184.00. Replace 50 relay $223.00 I had a maintenacne service agreement. The dealer asked Lennox to review my failures and they said they would give me $ 1,000 credit on a new system, After getting Est. from 3 other companys - Trane, Carrier & Nutone systems, I did not see any saving in the on the Lennox Est. Where is the "discount"? The other companys have better Warranties. Many have 10 years on compressors with complete replacment on Mult-failures and 10 years on Parts and Labor. I'm having a new system installed, It will not a Lennox.

Date created: 2010-08-09 Name: P. Wilkins

"No problems"
Our house had a Lennox heat pump when we bought it that was more than 20 years old. It had not needed repair but we replaced it due to age. The current Lennox is about 13-14 and has been serviced but never has needed repair. It has held up to the Arizona heat quite well! I will probably buy another Lennox next time!

Date created: 2010-07-06 Name: Lynda Johnson

"Lennox heat pumpmy Lennox Heat Pump Model #HP29-042-4P"
This heat pump has had a problem leaking freon every year since 2005. It slowly leaks out and by January the heat pump is useless; backup electric heat has to be used until the Spring. Lennox says the unit is off warranty and they are not responsible for any parts. Apparently, the compressor only has a 10 year warranty. I would not recommend Lennox heat pumps to anyone. I feel that quality has definitely declined with the newer units compared with the ones installed in the 1970s.

Date created: 2010-07-06 Name: R. Hungerford
Location: Arizona

"Nineteen Arizona Summers"
Over nineteen summers of Arizona heat, I have needed only three service calls. The first related to a poor installation job. The remaining two involved replacement of parts. I have a five ton two stage compressor which has never failed. My only complaint is the high cost of failed components. I am planning to replace the unit this Fall, only because of age and I can't find anyone who knows how to work on such an old unit.

Date created: 2010-06-20 Name: T. Ankney

"Lennox BAD"
Since April, I have had the service technician out 14 times - replaced the "main board" - break and the fan has been replaced 4 times. The last, the technician at the suggestion of the Lennox trouble shooters installed a larger fan which necessitated the drilling out of the top cover - the unit ran for just over 24 hours! This unit is impacting the value of my home negatively. I am contacting the Lennox consumer affairs unit tomorrow and if I get no satisfaction, I will have my attorney contact them.

Date created: 2010-06-17 Name: J. Bartes

"Only twelve years and goodbye"
Installed a complete Lennox system 12 years ago replacing a 26 year old system that worked great except for being quite inefficient. The system worked ok for the first 5 years, then the problems started and never quit. Now, the coils are leaking and can't be fixed. Replacement cost is over $3000. Of course, now the freon is being changed, so I have to get a new system, which will certainly not be a Lennox. 12 years on a $6000 system is outrageous.

Date created: 2010-06-17 Name: Jason Manes

"Bad Reviews on Lennox"
I know there are some consumers on here that have had problems and I sell all brands for the most part but I sell more Lennox than anything. I will say after reading a bunch, it seems the people who put your equipment may be the problem. I read where they put wrong size equipment, installed improperly etc. I'm not saying that parts do not fail but installers who are not properly trained or don't care enough about their work can not be the fault of equipment. Also what has the sales rep done for you? Did he try to help the situation or did you call them? I personally go above and beyond for all my customers and if they did, maybe they could get something done for you. A major problem I see is that people are not checking the return sizing and supply sizing so the equipment is set up for failure right from the beginning. I have been in customers housed where the sales rep did not even come in the house to look at duct work and he tells customer she needs a bigger system, and one rep told her a 4 1/2 ton which is not even produced. Give me a break, this a major problem and can become your problem. If any of you on here have a problem or question, feel free to email me and I will return phone calls or emails as time allows to try to help. I am a Lennox Premier Dealer. Thanks, Jason Manes jason@atlanticheat.com 804 426 2315

Date created: 2010-06-12 Name: A. Filiatrault
Location: Canada

"XP14-030-230 heat pump"
Poor after sales service (none). Parts always breaking down. Fan motor, pc board, thermostatic expansion valve, and that's not counting the labour charges associated with these parts being replaced. Lennox just brushes you off when you reach them. Forget about any support from them. I would never recommend a Lennox product to anybody. If you're in Canada, it's even worse because they have nobody with to help you, except a secretary that answers the phone at a 1-800 number.

Date created: 2010-06-11 Name: B. Jackson

"Bob"
The aluminum fins on the condenser coil are all flaking off. I have 2 units that were installed 4 years ago and I just had to have the coil replaced on one as it was leaking. The other unit will soon need a replacement coil as some of the copper tubing inside the aluminum fins is bare.