Consumer Reviews of LENNOX heat pumps

Read more about LENNOX heat pumps

Date created: 2016-05-10 Location: Statham, Georgia

"When designing a new home, make sure it's efficient enough."
Our heat pump was installed when we purchased the house in 2005. It has always been very efficient as far as the AC is concerned, but the heat portion has a tendency to be a bit underrated for this size of house. That is not the problem of the unit, but the company installing the unit installed one that is too small for this house. The only part that I have had to replace was the capacitor last year (2015) which went out because of overheating from constant use during one of our hottest summers. I purchased the part for around 8 bucks and replaced it myself. I would always trust this brand, because some of the more expensive brands can become very proprietary...meaning that their parts are not interchangeable, or generic parts could not be used. Since I have had no major problems, other than the capacitor and a leak or two from poor installation, I would recommend this brand and model for others, and if I were to build a house where this size unit would be efficient enough.

Date created: 2016-03-30 Name: bob dobson
Location: Duncan, BC, Canada

"Worst heat pumps"
The worst 3 heat pumps I bought. The warranty was 1 year. 1 heat pump crapped out at 13 months. I'll never buy another Lennox, don't know what model, etc. All 3 were 5 tons each.

Date created: 2016-01-03 Name: L Jones
Location: Ellensburg, WA

"No quality control"
Had a Lennox heat pump installed in October 2015. The first day it got cold the fan started hitting the shroud and making a pinging sound. Got hold of **** *** ***** Heating and Air, who put the unit in, and the owner said he would think on it. It only hits on cold temps of 15 f and colder. And as of January 2016 they still have not come to fix it but said they came out and looked at it. But no one talked to anyone or showed that they were there. It's more than likely a manufacturing defect in the metal, but if the company installing it doesn't react Lennox doesn't care enough about their product to help resolve the problem.

Date created: 2015-12-31 Location: Savannah, GA

"SUPER QUIET HEAT PUMP"
Our heat pump failed at 10 years old just this past January. We got several quotes from different A/C contractors and the brands that they feature. Lucky for us this happened in January in south coastal Georgia, so we did not suffer much. We found a wonderful company that installed Lennox. We knew the Lennox name, so we were confident that we would get a good machine. Our old heat pump was just builder grade, and right outside the master bedroom. It was so loud it often disturbed my sleep. With that in mind I wanted the quietest unit I could afford. Lennox to the rescue. This unit is very quiet, we have to strain to make sure it is running! Our old unit was a SEER 13, while this unit is SEER 18.5. We also were able to have an energy audit, and made the most of it for the rebates. They changed the air handler also. Our power bill with the new unit went down from $185.00 per month, to currently $145.00 per month, with expectations of that to finally end up in the neighborhood of $130.00. Yes this unit is a little pricey, but with the rebates, tax credits, and reduced energy costs it was well worth the investment. If for nothing else, I would highly recommend this Lennox heat pump for the super quiet features. Peace at last!

Date created: 2015-12-11 Location: Sioux City, IA

"Good Investment"
My heat pump is great. It replaced the 20 year old original one. It has the ability to control via Wi-Fi which is a great feature. The electric bills have gone down dramatically. Previously the house only had an old A/C and furnace. The furnace was the primary source of heat. Now the heat pump runs efficiently til around 35 degrees and saves big money. I have not had any issues with it in the 1.5 years I have owned it. I would likely buy another unit like it as I am very satisfied with the Lennox XP line. It is pretty quiet. I do not hear it unless I am in the room directly next to it. It was reasonably priced and a great value I feel.

Date created: 2015-10-16 Name: Justin Zlotky
Location: Tennessee

"Important to consider"
It is important to consider that if you look at all these HVAC reviews on any brand - Lennox, Trane, Amana, Goodman, Carrier, Rheem, Ruud, American standard, Bryant, Heil, etc. - the majority of comments are negative. Why? Because when people are upset with something they want to share it and vent that. Fair enough. I have a Goodman which has been giving problem after problem also. But most all these units have the same parts and that is the core of a Copeland compressor, etc. Just saying, because these reviews are useless because of consumers just complaining about everything.

Date created: 2015-10-12 Location: Overland Park, KS

"First time heat pump user, great purchase."
I had never heard of a heat pump until about a year ago when it came on the local news. When I had it installed it became one of the most efficient household products I have in my house. The best thing about it is the savings it provides compared to my old electric furnace. If what the salesman and news are saying is correct then I can save about $500 a year on costs. I haven't had to have any repairs but was told they will be easy fixes if needed. I would recommend this brand to a friend but also know installation is pricey.

Date created: 2015-09-24 Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon

"Works well Now!"
I have owned this heat pump ever since I moved into my current apartment, and so it has been about 6 years now. My water heater was kind of acting up and costing me a lot. I liked that it was pretty small and cheap. The fact that it is really easy to move is also really good. The only problem was that it turns off by itself sometimes, and it was very frustrating. I have never had to replace it, but I had to get it repaired one time when it would not turn back on at all. The technician came over and he said that there was a shortage in the wire. He replaced it for me, and I only had to pay $5.99. It went dead after 3 years of having it. After it was fixed and repaired, it ran just fine. There were no problems after that. I had called the guys from the Home Depot, and they fixed it very quickly.

Date created: 2015-09-24 Location: Fort thomas, ky

"Not sure what i have, but it has been working for a while, and still going strong!!"
I am not sure how long the pump has been here; it was in the house when I moved in. It has worked without issue for the four years I have lived here, and there have not been any major repairs that needed to be done. It is a little noisy, but I cannot complain about its performance. I like the fact that I know that it is a reliable pump, for it does not require constant costly repairs. I do not think the model is still on the market, but I do think that it is a great product, and I would recommend it. The most recent repair was the control board that got fried, and the part was not that expensive and the labor was okay, for it seem to be an easy task. Overall I believe this is a great appliance and a great brand.

Date created: 2015-08-27 Location: Horsham, PA

"Great product! Reliable and energy efficient!"
I have owned my heat pump as long as I have owned my house, which is about 2 and 1/2 years now. It was installed recently, right before we bought the home, which was a big selling point to have a newly installed heat pump only a few months old. I have never had to service it, and I love not having to worry about it. I can't say much about it that I don't dislike, since it heats our house nicely and doesn't run our heating bill through the roof (although we also have a fireplace so I don't heat the house to insane levels of heat with it either). I would definitely buy the brand again. Was my first time having a heat pump and has been a very nice experience.