Consumer Reviews of LENNOX heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about LENNOX heat pumps

Date created: 2015-07-17 Location: Perris, CA

"Great heat pump!"
I installed this about 7 months ago and I love it! The results of it are very quick and never disappoint. It circulated throughout the house very well and keeps the temperature that I want it to be at. The warranty on it is also amazing and leaves me feeling comfortable with my purchase. Also, the unit is incredibly silent! I used to have an older one and it was so loud. But with this one, I honestly never even know when it is on. Even though it runs practically nonstop, it is crazy good in the energy efficient category. My electricity bill has gone down so much! I dont think I can think of anything that I dislike about it. The price was affordable so I can't even say I dislike that! I have never had to have a repair, which is amazing considering I have almost had it for a year and it runs so much. But even if I do have to get a repair on it, the company is extremely nice and I have a warranty, so I am stress free about it. I would definitely buy the same brand again! And I already have recommended it to my family members and two of them have already bought one! So, overall, I am a very satisfied customer! And so are my family members, too.

Date created: 2015-06-30 Name: T. Barnes
Location: Salisbury, MD

"Very unhappy with Lennox!"
Eight years ago we bought the top of the line 4 zone Lennox heat pump. We paid $20,000. We thought we were getting a well made, energy efficient system, made by a reputable company. Boy, are we sorry! We've had nothing but trouble with it since day one. We've had to replace the compressor and several other parts. It is so high tech, no reputable HVAC service person wants to work on it. The Lennox dealer we bought it from has since gone out of business. I always thought Lennox was the best! We will never buy another Lennox product. After reading all these bad reviews about how Lennox is not standing behind their product, at least we have the satisfaction of knowing we weren't the only people who made the mistake of trusting Lennox. I just wish I had read the reviews before we bought a Lennox. Never again!

Date created: 2015-05-22 Name: D. V.
Location: Winter Springs, FL

"XP21 is a great heat pump!"
We live in Central Florida. Quite simply, we run the you know what out of heat pumps! Very few places in the country will compare with the high humidity and hot days we experience in a normal year. Even on a relatively cool winter day, after using heat in the overnight/morning, the sun will heat the house and roof until the A/C runs during the afternoon! Our hours of operation will beat or match any climate in the country. The Lennox XP21 two stage unit has been a trouble free dream come true. 15% to 19% average electricity savings with 90+ degree average June, July and August in the 20% to 22% range. We replaced a 3.5 ton Trane single stage, reliable but admittedly old and inefficient compared to today's equipment, with the 4.5 ton two stage Lennox. Completely trouble free so far, two years in and loving it!

Date created: 2015-05-22 Location: Dallas, TX

"The heat pump that I use in my home the Dave Lennox XP25 Heat Pump"
My husband and I built our home four years ago after we had our third child. We picked out this Lennox XP25 heat pump for our new home, which is four years old. I highly recommend this heat pump. We have purchased quite a bit of Lennox and have had very positive experiences with all of the items we have purchased. I highly recommend buying this to anyone that is in need of a heat pump. We haven't had any problems with it and haven't had to call anyone out for any repairs or services. I would definitely buy this heat pump again if I was in need of another one. One of the things that I like about it is that it is Solar Ready so we have the option to add that to the heat pump if we want. It also is extremely energy efficient. It is also very quiet, which I love since I have small kids that need naps.

Date created: 2015-05-01 Location: College Station, Tx

"Mediocre Heating with Heat Pump"
We have had this heat pump for one and a half year's. We had to replace an almost five year old unit that was original to the home. Our sales man told us that you get a much more efficient heat with a gas unit, however our home is all electric and the gas lines were not run up to the house to even give us an option. We find in the winter time that the air blowing out of the vents can feel cool and it does need to operate many mornings on the highest setting which means it can be considerably louder than we would like. Overall, as far as a heat pump is concerned, I think this works as well as any other, our home does get heated. We have not had to repair this unit and find that it is much more efficient than our previous unit that we had.

Date created: 2015-04-03 Location: los angeles

"Quiet unit that i love"
I've owned the XP13 Heat Pump system for the past 2 years now, and I couldn't be happier with it. I like that the system is extremely quick and heats, or cools down my home fast and efficiently. I own a town home, so because of the size this unit gets to each room within minutes of turning it. The only thing that I am dissatisfied with is I had to replace the Capacitor last year. But I believe because I live in Los Angeles where I use the it quite a lot, it damaged it. I would still buy this heater pump again if I had too because I just feel like its prefect for my home and life style. Being someone who gets hot a lot, and even in the winter very cold. I want my home to cool down or heat up very fast. I also like a sound sleep, so it working quietly always is top priority.

Date created: 2014-11-06 Name: D. Shaw
Location: Florida

"Replaced most parts"
Even though I purchased a ten-year warranty, I have had parts replaced practically every year. Just about every major and minor part has been replaced, even though I pay to have it serviced twice a year. It the worst, in terms of reliability, that I have had.

Date created: 2014-10-18 Name: R.Piché
Location: Montreal, Québec, Canada

"Good work horse"
Bought the unit back in 1990. Other than a few minor repairs (about $500), it´s given me very reliable service. Other than having probably a poor HSPF and a low SEER, it did a nice job.

Date created: 2014-07-30 Name: M. Burk
Location: Antelope, CA

"Lennox 15CHPXA-30-230-1A"
I purchased a Lennox roof-mounted 15chpxa-30-230-1a packaged heat pump system in March 2008. My old unit was 30 years old (original equipment) and was working properly. I live in the Sacramento California area and it typically reaches 100 degrees June through September and I simply wanted a more efficient, energy-saving unit. In July 2014 the unit suddenly stopped cooling normally. I called the installer and arranged a service call. After an inspection and pressure test the repairman told me the evaporator coil developed a leak. I was told the failed part was not covered under warranty and that the cost for replacement and repair would be $3300.00. I phoned the Lennox corporate office and was basically told “stuff happens” and there was nothing Lennox was going to do to help rectify the issue. I paid $8000.00 for the unit. I assume a significant portion of this cost is installation and removal of the old unit. It is unacceptable for a single, vitally functional part of this appliance to fail after six years. It is unacceptable for a single, vitally functional part of this appliance does not have a better warranty. It is unacceptable for a single part of this appliance to cost about half the cost of the total unit. It is unacceptable that Lennox does not stand by their product. I stopped running the unit to prevent further damage. The outside temperature was 100 degrees today. At 8:00pm the temperature inside my home is 86 degrees.

Date created: 2014-07-11 Name: B.W. Heat
Location: Atlanta, Ga

"You'd do better asking for herpes"
This thing is terrible. 5 out of 5 years had to get repaired. Now year 6 and the compressor went out. Not worth replacing unless I want to throw money at this thing every year. Lennox was a good name for a long time. Now, they make boat anchors masquerading as heat pumps.