Consumer Reviews of Lennox heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Lennox heat pumps

Date created: 2019-05-11 Name: B. Jones
Location: Atlanta, GA

"Rusting Coils"
My unit is failed at 5.5 years. It games problems for over 6 months until it was finally determined that my evaporative coil had completely rusted out. This is a known problem within Lennox as there is an ongoing class action lawsuit in process for this very issue. I contacted who wanted all of the information including service records so they could plan their Cours of action which turned out to be nothing. I could have bought a Goodman and would have received better customer service. I will never buy another Lenox unfits.

Date created: 2019-04-14 Name: Holly
Location: Spring Hill, TN

"Disappointed"
We built our home in 2012 and installed a new Lennox heat pump. It started having issues during our second summer in the home, and it completely stopped operating this spring, 2019. Since it has a five year warranty, Lennox will not take any responsibility for replacing it. My experience with its customer service department was ridiculous. This appears to be an inferior product, so you are not saving any money by purchasing it. If you plan to live in your home more than ten years, it is my opinion it's worth spending the extra cash on a more reliable brand.
Date created: 2019-01-04 Name: A. Cohen
Location: Las Vegas, NV

"Most expensive mistake ever. Don't buy Lenox heat pump."
In July 2016 I purchased an expensive Lennox. The dealer told me my old unit was a fire hazard. I was a fool to fall for that, but I did the First winter it needed a new compressor. Ran 24/7 until the new compressor was installed. Granted this winter has been exceptionally cold, but it hasn't stopped running again. It is noisy, inefficient and a waste.My other unit is a Rheem. So much better!!!!! Lennox told me after the dealer gets the unit they are no longer interested. Go to the dealer with your complaints. As a senior, I cannot afford to replace it in only 2 years so I must suffer from the colossal waste of money. The most expensive mistake of my life. But in July in the desert you need air. Too bad it doesn't heat/cool all the rooms as well as the old unit did.
Date created: 2018-05-14 Name: Darren
Location: Olympia, WA

"Junk junk junk"
First and worst heat pump I ever had, nothing but problems cost me a fortune in repair cost, nobody can fix it, all it ended up been is a very expensive fan, can't believe that even works, so pissed off. Do not buy anything maded by Lennox you have been warned.
Date created: 2018-01-31 Name: Sherry

"Would not recommend Lennox"
Didn't even see this model in the selection. I guess after they figured out what a crummy product this was they discontinued it. We had a Rheem for over 20 years with no problems. And we now have 2 xp17 units from Lennox. We bought these 5 years ago and have had nothing but problems with 2 separate units. They freeze up when we have a cold rain. Both blow out cold stale air when defrosting. No one seems to be able to fix this problem and Lennox wants us to contact our contractor who has not been able to fix this problem since we had it installed. Would not recommend Lennox.
Date created: 2016-12-21 Name: Kay Huether
Location: Milford, DE

"Chinese Water Torture"
Our $16,000 Lennox heat pump has been a problem from day one. The compressor makes a thumping sound whenever the unit runs and the entire unit is very noisy inside the house. My 19 year-old Rheem was silent and we never knew when it was running but his thing has been driving us crazy for almost 7 months and numerous service calls have failed to remedy the situation. The blower goes off at random, loudly roaring and blowing with hurricane velocity, blowing my curtains up to the ceiling. Two days ago it started making a loud nasty sound along with a clunking noise. I went to the window and saw the unit shaking violently. This went on for 3 hours and calls for help from the company went unanswered. We were afraid to leave the house in fear for what it would do next - explode or go on fire? Our nerves are shot from living with the constant roaring, thumping, blowing etc. We are now going to go though the Attorney General's Office for help as we are two 80 year-old who are being kicked around by a couple of corporate giants - Lennox and Lowes. If that doesn't work, hello lawsuit.
Date created: 2016-05-10 Location: Statham, Georgia

"When designing a new home, make sure it's efficient enough."
Our heat pump was installed when we purchased the house in 2005. It has always been very efficient as far as the AC is concerned, but the heat portion has a tendency to be a bit underrated for this size of house. That is not the problem of the unit, but the company installing the unit installed one that is too small for this house. The only part that I have had to replace was the capacitor last year (2015) which went out because of overheating from constant use during one of our hottest summers. I purchased the part for around 8 bucks and replaced it myself. I would always trust this brand, because some of the more expensive brands can become very proprietary...meaning that their parts are not interchangeable, or generic parts could not be used. Since I have had no major problems, other than the capacitor and a leak or two from poor installation, I would recommend this brand and model for others, and if I were to build a house where this size unit would be efficient enough.
Date created: 2016-03-30 Name: bob dobson
Location: Duncan, BC, Canada

"Worst heat pumps"
The worst 3 heat pumps I bought. The warranty was 1 year. 1 heat pump crapped out at 13 months. I'll never buy another Lennox, don't know what model, etc. All 3 were 5 tons each.
Date created: 2016-01-03 Name: L Jones
Location: Ellensburg, WA

"No quality control"
Had a Lennox heat pump installed in October 2015. The first day it got cold the fan started hitting the shroud and making a pinging sound. Got hold of **** *** ***** Heating and Air, who put the unit in, and the owner said he would think on it. It only hits on cold temps of 15 f and colder. And as of January 2016 they still have not come to fix it but said they came out and looked at it. But no one talked to anyone or showed that they were there. It's more than likely a manufacturing defect in the metal, but if the company installing it doesn't react Lennox doesn't care enough about their product to help resolve the problem.
Date created: 2015-12-31 Location: Savannah, GA

"SUPER QUIET HEAT PUMP"
Our heat pump failed at 10 years old just this past January. We got several quotes from different A/C contractors and the brands that they feature. Lucky for us this happened in January in south coastal Georgia, so we did not suffer much. We found a wonderful company that installed Lennox. We knew the Lennox name, so we were confident that we would get a good machine. Our old heat pump was just builder grade, and right outside the master bedroom. It was so loud it often disturbed my sleep. With that in mind I wanted the quietest unit I could afford. Lennox to the rescue. This unit is very quiet, we have to strain to make sure it is running! Our old unit was a SEER 13, while this unit is SEER 18.5. We also were able to have an energy audit, and made the most of it for the rebates. They changed the air handler also. Our power bill with the new unit went down from $185.00 per month, to currently $145.00 per month, with expectations of that to finally end up in the neighborhood of $130.00. Yes this unit is a little pricey, but with the rebates, tax credits, and reduced energy costs it was well worth the investment. If for nothing else, I would highly recommend this Lennox heat pump for the super quiet features. Peace at last!