Consumer Reviews of Kenmore heat pumps

Read more about Kenmore heat pumps

Date created: 2016-06-26 Name: Juanita Broussard
Location: Breaux Bridge, LA

"Sears Kenmore 4 ton heat pump central heating and cooling system."
The Kenmore 4 ton 16 SEER central heat pump / AC system is 1 year old. Last summer it was very hot and also this summer in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana. The unit cycles well. Does a great job in winter also. Thus far very pleased. No maintenance necessary yet.

Date created: 2016-05-16 Location: Columbia, SC

"the heatpump on my house"
I have been living in my house for 9 years. I had the house built. I like the heat pump versus regular central heat because it is more efficient and heats up better. The only thing I don't like about it is that it is very loud. Knock on wood, i have never had to have it serviced nor repaired. I have only had to get the AC serviced and refilled because it was out of Freon. That was about 1.5 years ago over the summer. I slept and sweated in a 90 degree house for a day. After it was serviced, it felt like heaven. And it was repaired at discount since he was a family friend. I do not see anything wrong with my brand.

Date created: 2015-10-21 Name: TRI D NGUYEN
Location: Springfield, VA

"Heating air conditioning"
I ordered Sears to install the whole system, from compressor, furnace, wiring, thermostat, with extended warranty from Sears on 2010. It never worked right the 1st year. I then called Sears services and they tried to charge me $500, then waived it after some phones I had to make back to Sears to remind them that I have an extended warranty. One year later they sent me a collection letter of $250 and it had to be resolved after an appeal from me to the collection company. Other bad news was he told me the system had a "small leak " and he put some "stop leak " into the system. Can anybody believe this ? This is the whole new system, almost $7,000.00! Furthermore, when he removed the cover panel from the furnace I could see the evaporator inside already rusted out (it was 1 yr old) and until today whenever I adjust the A/C thermostat, it goes back to 75 f even after replacing the batteries. I trusted Sears products but not after this. It is so disappointing.

Date created: 2015-05-12 Name: Samatha P
Location: Sykesville, MD

"Excellent"
I bought a new Kenmore Elite heat pump system 4 months ago. I was replacing a old Kenmore unit which was 22 years old. I never had an issue with that one so I once again went back to Sears for my new heat pump. So far everything the sales person said is true. This 18 SEER unit really cools the house now and even my bedroom upstairs which never really cooled well. He explained how this system slows down the cooling to give it a chance to cool upstairs. I love it so far. I give this system a 10 out 10!! I would recommend this unit to anybody.

Date created: 2015-04-11 Name: D. Jackson
Location: Baltimore, MD

"Awesome"
I have owned my new Kenmore heat pump now for about 1 year. I bought an 18 seer 2 stage and the savings are what the sales person promised. I researched this unit for about 2 weeks and found out that it is the same unit as a Carrier Infinity unit. Both units are made by United Technology. All have the same parts. I saved a lot of money going with the Kenmore. I used Sears 24-month no interest to pay. From start to finish I give Sears a 10 rating. Their service has just been wonderful.

Date created: 2013-07-17 Name: P. Sutton
Location: Hazard, KY

"Model # PHD436000K000D"
I paid over $7,000 for the Kenmore heat pump combo unit (heat/A/C) three years ago. I came home last night and it was 91 degrees inside my house. I have spent the entire day calling Sears, looking on Kenmore's website and Sear's website for information. My model # does not exist on the Kenmore website, and could only locate it after calling Sears on one of their obscure websites. I was told by one Sears professional that the only warranty on my $7,000 unit was "exceptional" parts only and it was good until May 28, 2020. When I asked what "exceptional" parts are, she put me through to a Sears Specialist. The Sears Specialist told me it was basically the compressor and evaporator coils and my parts warranty was only good for 5 years after my purchase date. Needless to say I wont't be making any major purchases from Sears again. Do yourself a favor, buy a Trane. Also, in response to the lady who remarked that the other bad reviewer didn't understand how a heat pump worked and he or she was ignorant, I'm glad you are happy with your Kenmore from Sears. My guess is you or your husband work for Sears. If not, wait a couple more years and let us know how much you still love your Kenmore heat pump.

Date created: 2013-05-07 Name: Mr. PO
Location: peru, indiana

"Sears is Garbage"
Had my heat pump/electric back up for 3 years. Both the heat pump and back up have had to go through major repairs. Electric furnace needed a new motor and is now working again but is very noisy. The heat pump on the other hand hasn't worked properly in a year now. Sears keeps sending out junk compressors and it take 1-2 weeks for the compressor to get to my house. On top of that it takes the repair company another week to show up to install it only to tell me that the compressor is junk. All under warranty and they refuse to just simply replace the entire unit. Glad Sears is going bankrupt, they deserve it, never buying there crap products again.

Date created: 2012-06-10 Name: Jill Trident

"Sears is great!"
They do a great job with new air condoning! Its so sad to read these reviews from people who only write to complain. The things I read that are marked as "unsatisfied" are obviously from the rude, impatient and ignorant of how the hvac process works. The company and warranty are wonderful! I love mine, maybe I also just have a good attitude and attract good things!