Consumer Reviews of Keeprite heat pumps

2 of 5 stars 1 review

Read more about Keeprite heat pumps

Date created: 2015-02-02 Name: Jared Larsen
Location: Moncton, NB

"Deceiving warranty, no contractor control"
The unit was purchased in 2011 and installed by company that is now out of business. It was sold to me as having a 10-year parts and labor warranty. The key is that you need to register the product within 90 days of installation. I only found that out now, since needing service. As a homeowner, and not being qualified to install or even necessarily allowed to purchase the product from a typical distributor, I feel the requirement to have the product registered is very misleading, as 90% of customers will never see the packaging, let alone receive the documentation from the installation company necessary to register. System itself has worked well, however I find it noisey. Fan is quite loud when it starts. AS for heatpumps in general, I am not sold on them in general. I think if I get another system it will be either a minisplit due to less electronics or go with another heating source. Too many horror stories on heatpumps by the time you are done getting them serviced all the time , you could just run a natural gas or other system and end up same cost or less. (My brother in law got natural gas exact same time I got my heatpump. his system was 3k less and never had a problem or service call yet).