Consumer Reviews of Johnson Controls heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Johnson Controls heat pumps

Date created: 2019-06-29 Name: D. Aubry
Location: UT

"Johnson Controls warranty not worth the paper it's written on."
The model hc6b036f3c heat pump was installed in October 2016. We only use it for cooling in the summer, so it was only active for 8 months. When we started it up in late May of 2019 it stopped cooling after 10 days. Numerous times we called the company who had installed it, leaving messages, but our calls were never returned so (two hot weeks later) we called another company. The technicians said the coolant had leaked out. They recharged it, adding dye so they could find the leak. Two days later it quit cooling again. When the tech came (5 hot days later) he told us there is a bad weld in the unit which was done when it was manufactured. I called the number as instructed in the warranty. The automated system went through numerous options. The first 3 times I chose the prompts for "owner." I was told to call a different number, hung up on, put into a voice mail that said if I was an owner not to leave a message, but to call the original number from the warranty. I started hitting different options and finally got a woman who told me over and over that they "only warranty parts." The first line of the warranty reads, "Johnson Controls Unitary Products (hereinafter "Company") warrants this product to be free from defects in factory workmanship and material under normal use and service and will, at its option, repair or replace any parts, without charge, subject to the exclusions below, that prove to have such defects according to the terms outlined in this warranty." I read all of the exclusions, which did not specifically exclude the workmanship of welding. The tech also contacted Johnson Controls and was told they would not honor their warranty it at all. The manual cover says: "Congratulations on your purchase ($5,000) of a product built by Johnson Controls. We hope you will find this product to be of high quality and reliability. We are dedicated to raising the standard not only in workmanship but in service and comfort as well." They have totally failed. I feel I was lied to, and a more accurate description of their policy would be "Good luck, you're on your own. We've got your money and we don't care how poorly our product was put together or how long it works for you." My advice: Don't buy Johnson Controls products!!

Date created: 2017-04-30 Name: J Lendvay
Location: Shermans Dale, PA

"WHERE'S MY WARRANTY CERTIFICATE?"
I have attempted to register my products on 2 occasions -provided all the details - I am told i'm registered but unable to print certificate or receive confirmation email - am I registered????