Consumer Reviews of JANITROL heat pumps

Read more about JANITROL heat pumps

Date created: 2009-02-22 Name: D. Hymsith
Location: Jacksonville, FL

"20 YEARS OF SERVICE"
I have owned my janitrol 3 1/2 ton unit since 1989 and it is still running, the only prblem I have had with it is the outside compressor fan went out in 2003 and the heat strip needs replacing other than that it has been great it is a package unit all outside and the total service bill for 20 years is 315 dollars and 25 cents that is one hell of a great a/c unit in my book and I am going to see how many more years I can get out of the old gal and when she dies I will get another.

Date created: 2009-02-18 Name: Mrs. Ramsey
Location: Virginia

"REVIEW"
I will never purchase another Janitrol product. We have had nothing but trouble since the day it was installed! It makes such loud noises that we are awakened in the middle of the night. no janitrol representative will service our house... We are ready to file a law suit it is So bad!!!

Date created: 2009-02-11 Name: J. Henriquez
Location: Forestville, Maryland

"Janitrol heat pump - 2 ton"
My janitrol heat pump died (literally) last month after 16.5 years of service. It was a builder-grade model which everyone tells me is a piece of junk. Nonetheless, it did work perfectly without any service calls (ever) until recently. Debating what unit to buy to replace it (property is rented at this point), but can't speak negatively of it.

Date created: 2008-10-28 Name: Tim Davis

"Janitrol heatpump"
I have 2 of the units one is a 4 ton that has never cost 1 dime of work, the other is a 2 1/2 ton that was dedicated to a 1200 sq ft great room with windows all the way around this one runs constantly, it has been installed now for 10 yrs and I have replaced a wire on the capasitor cost me $1.00

Date created: 2008-09-21 Name: Scott
Location: Pensacola, FL

"Heat pump installed with home seems Fine with Care"
It seems to me based upon my unit and the people surrounding me that the unit is okay. I think people like the other name brands as it gives them a good feeling, kinda like airport security, what they do makes little difference but the people think they are safer. I have had 2 homes with Goodman/Janitrol units as well as my mother has a Goodman, we have had no problems out of mine, the guy next to me has a Janitrol and it works well, had one repair call in 5 years and I think is was to add some coolant. I live in Florida and we have allot of heat so the A/C runs all the time, a 2400 square foot house costs 250 a month the keep at 72 on average.

Date created: 2008-08-30 Name: E Neuman
Location: Moss Point, Mississippi

"Always one thing or another"
Owning a Janitrol is like driving an old junk car. It is cheap but requires a lot of work to keep it going. I replaced both a coils, one after 1 year and the other after five years. Both units have always needed to be recharged every other year. Cannot find a leak, three different contractors have tried. No compressor problems, upstairs unit won't run long enough to need one. Down stairs unit3 1/2 ton has been better than upstairs 2 1/2 ton unit. I would not recommend them to anyone.

Date created: 2008-08-22 Name: Mike Cull
Location: Muncie, IN

"Go with Trane"
What a piece of junk!!!! This is my second one in 10 years. Don't buy any of their products if you can help it. If it wasn't for my dear friend being a HVAC tech these units would cost me dearly.

Date created: 2008-08-02 Name: M. Szczepkowski
Location: Kaufman, TX

"Janitrol Heat Pump"
Replaced the outside fan motor a few years ago, other than that no problems. Having added on to our home is requiring us to replace the old, still working unit because it can't keep up with the extra square footage in 100 degree plus weather.

Date created: 2008-06-14 Name: J.D. Scritchfield
Location: Ravenswood, WV

"Don't waste your money on Janitrol"
I have a split heat pump system (two 2.5 ton units) in the house that we built 8 years ago. Our building contractor installed the Janitrol systems, which I had never heard of. He assured me that Janitrol was quality equipment, yet the problems started in less than one year. I have had multiple sequencers, capacitors, and other parts fail, and I have had two blowers go out as well. After eight years, one of the compressors has failed - when I consulted the warranty information, the compressors for most models were covered for ten years. However, my model was not included in those listed (go figure). Rather than waste any more time and money on this, I am buying a new heat pump, and it will not be Janitrol or Goodman. I think it is interesting that Goodman Industries stopped using the Janitrol name and now market all there HVAC equipment as Goodman products...

Date created: 2008-05-10 Name: S. WALKER
Location: STEVEN.W1@COMCAST.NET

Two compressors in 5 years, never again, learned my lesson.