Consumer Reviews of Heil heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about Heil heat pumps

Date created: 2008-06-08 Name: Steve Phillips
Location: Starr, South Carolina

"Heil heatpump"
Have nothing but trouble out of this unit hhp224akc1 its a 12 sheer unit ,the unit is on its 3rd compressor . I am going to tell everybody I know not to buy a Heil unit.

Date created: 2008-05-27 Name: J Hartpence
Location: Kissimmee, Florida

"Janet H."
Unit came with our new home. First year the outside fan went out, then in 2003 the condenser went out also. Relay switch and fan compressor went out, 2 years later fan goes out again. Did I mention that the drain has backed-up at least 6 times. Now we are dealing with the condenser leaking AGAIN. It's really nice when people know that they have problems with their products but sell them anyway. We are now going with Trane.

Date created: 2008-05-21 Name: Big Bill in TN
Location: Cleveland, TN

Needs partís all the time 2 expansions valves @ 400 each. Circuit board. Blows breakers.

Date created: 2008-05-12 Name: C. Wadford
Location: Bonneau, S.C.

In the first year we had to replace several switches, control card and the heat always came on with a bad smell. When we asked about it we were told that it was normal and it was called 'the dirty sock syndrome'. Now after 2 compressors and endless questions to a Heil rep. the compressor is gone again. The first one lasted roughly 5 years and it's time to move on to a different brand, at this point any brand will do.

Date created: 2008-04-16 Name: Joe Hussar
Location: Roanoke, VA

Replaced York systems with Heil systems (2.5 ton and 2.0 ton) -- absolutely no problems in first two years. Electric bill significantly lower as well.

Date created: 2008-03-11 Name: Darin Davis
Location: Clarksville, TN

Air handler caught on FIRE in my attic. It was a 2 ton unit and now I am on this site researching other heat pumps. Had constant problems since the first day it went in. After the fifth time I had it serviced the technician took a little more time and discovered the drain pan on the unit was cracked and this is why I had to deal with the multiple service calls.

Date created: 2008-02-24 Name: K. Elsenraat
Location: O'Fallon, MO

Heat Pump failed, contractor refuses to repair claims Heil will not pay him for labor. We have been using emergency heat for three years and it has cost us dearly. Contacted Heil directly and told us to call another contract, called two others they have not returned our call. We have had other issues with the units one was a coil issue. Wrote to ICP for assistance with the pump issue waiting for response. Will not buy another Heil.

Date created: 2008-02-11 Name: B.Byers
Location: MO

Within a month of installation the compressor went bad. Since that time the problems have been ongoing. Now that it is past the one year warranty free labor and parts they want to replace most everything and charge 500.00 dollars to do this. I am not happy at all further more whose to say the new parts will last any longer than the original. I will never buy another Heil product.

Date created: 2007-12-30 Name: lakeman
Location: NW Arkansas

I worked for ICP for 23 years and was present after the company was purchased by Carrier whose parent is United Technologies. The units are now manufactured in the same plants as Carrier products and share many of the same componets and technologies. All of there brands will give you a good product whether it is Carrier, Heil, Tempstar or the other brands sold through Heil.

Date created: 2007-11-07 Name: mark gable
Location: lancaster, pa

My heat pump has broken at the change of every season since i owned it. it has needed the compressor replaced twice in 2 years and the coil once.