Consumer Reviews of Heil heat pumps

Read more about Heil heat pumps

Date created: 2010-02-02 Name: William Place

"Heat pump reviews"
I just saw a review by Andrew Korte. At the time he wrote it, he was a dealer of 2 years and said he never had problems with heat pumps. He installed mine and at start-up makes a lot of noise. I would never buy from him with this kind of problem. Put it in Oct '09 So, I guess he can't say we're all happy now.. Wish they would replace it or fix it. It has been 4 months now! All I ask for is what the paper said quiet and so on. Got questions, e-me [email protected]

Date created: 2010-02-02 Name: William Place
Location: Oregon

"Heil 13 seer dule fule oct 2009"
Thing makes a buzzing grinding noise at start-up for about 3 to 5 seconds. I can hear this thing every time it starts... Been this way ever since they put it in and so they put a slow start kit on it! Dident make a difference then they put a noise blanket on the pump. Got somewhat better but, I have had to call the dealer because the guy that put it in say's everything is fine.. But he got paid. Is this what they call quiet? It seems their idea of quiet and mine aren't the same? Even when the gas furnace comes on the heat pump tries to start first and makes this noise.. wakes me up.. so the only answer I can add to this is I'm glad there is an Oregon law.. I guess I'm going to need to use it. Will never buy Heil again and should add you shouldn't either until all people are happy with what they sell. Oh, you can e-me if you like [email protected]

Date created: 2010-01-14 Name: P. Williams

"Hating It"
I purchased my home in June 09 and the heat pump had been installed by the previous owner in November 08. I have always had a gas pack....you set the thermostat at a certain temp and it turns off. Well guess what, the heat pump has a mind of its own... Why have a thermostat if it isn't going to turn off when it reaches the desired temp????? At night, I set the thermostat to 63 and daytime 65.... It keeps on running...... and running.... I can't get a satisfactory resolution to the problem. Give me the gas pack...... it makes sense. Why even bother to have a heat pump..... It would be cheaper to heat with a space heater.

Date created: 2010-01-11 Name: K. Yarbrough

"I Hate Mine!"
Going on 9 years and can't wait to replace this piece of junk! I previously had a 13 seer Heil heat pump in the late eighties at my previous residence and was very pleased with it. I moved into a different house in 2001 and bought another Heil for this house and have had nothing but problems. Every time we switched from heat to cool or vice versa required a service call. Our installer doesn't even install them anymore. He says parts are very hard to get and they're made in Mexico. It took over 5 years to get the aforementioned problem solved and now the unit is so noisy. It is ridiculous not to mention the last few years it won't cool the house on the hottest days or heat on the coldest days. I wouldn't recommend at all!

Date created: 2010-01-06 Name: Fred Pleger

"Fred Pleger, customer"
The Heil heat pump model hhp042aka1 I had installed new has been a constant headache. The defrost circuit had to be replaced, the fan has been replaced, and now the discharge muffler and filter drier has been replaced. The last repair cost $639.68 and since the warranty is only for 5 years, none of it is covered. I will not recommend this unit to anyone building a new home or replacing a heating system.

Date created: 2009-12-22 Name: William Kauffman

"Quality of my Heil unit."
I have purchased many Heil units in the past for my rental houses over the years so when I built my new home, I put in the following: npgad60g1ka/l971423974 in May 3rd 1999. I received a 10-year contract that ran out in May 2009. I have the paper work that I can send you on this and also where I just paid $1,450.00 for a new Heil heat exchanger replacement. Never have I had to do this with any of your products in the past years. If the quality of Heil units have gone down, this will be the last unit I will ever purchase. I've had my choice of American Standard or Heil in 1999 but went with Heil because of the service I had received from your units in the past. Please let me know if you can help me in any way toward the purchase of this heat exchanger. 10 years and 7 months is not satisfactory service. Thanks, William kauffman

Date created: 2009-11-13 Name: Edith S. Atchley

"Very Happy with my HEIL!"
I cannot believe that so many people are having problems with a heil. I think I agree with the two posters who said that the problem was likely shoddy installation and not the unit itself. I have a good friend who works for Wittichen in Alabama and he said that he would rather have to go repair a heil than any of the other brands. Our heil heat pump has operated the way it was designed for 16 years or more (can't remember exactly when we built the house). I would recommend a heil to anyone and plan to get another. I will be careful who installs it having read the posts on this list!

Date created: 2009-11-06 Name: B. Beard

"Problem with Evaporator Coil"
Evaporator coil lasted 7 years and to replace will cost approx. $900. But guess what? Apparently the coils are only produced certain times of the year and Heil expects me to wait until March / April 2010 to get a replacement. Even then, there are no guarantees that it will be made (ie. could be phased out, etc.) I have no choice but to buy a whole new system. Will be switching brands to something more reputable.

Date created: 2009-11-01 Name: J Smith

"Dont stand by there WarrantyJ"
My dealer quit handling Heil and now thay cant get Warranty parts form them and my house need a new coil and it stay cold all the time and runs all the time.

Date created: 2009-10-25 Name: A. Townsend
Location: Bensalem, PA

"AL T."
We switched from oil forced hot air to a Heil heat pump and cut our heating bill in half.